I'm saving my money and leaving the U.S.A.

I have always thought if I were to move to Europe, I would go to Iceland, they always had the most sane government in my view.

I love their history, and the geography and land is spectacular. It is like heaven on Earth.

Their weather is a bit cool. The winters there are more mild than here around the Great Lakes, so that would be a bonus, but their summers, are much, much cooler.

OTH, I admired the hell how they dealt with their bankers since the 2008 collapse, and they have had phenomenal growth since then.

Another bonus? It isn't officially part of the EU, though it has many tight treaties with it.

. . . added to that, if I thought it were safe to come back to visit relatives and friends, the travel costs to NY would probably be cheapest too.

If you had to go through the pain of learning a new language. . . I guess, that would be the price worth to pay. . .

gdp_growt.png

Tourism a major boost The Icelandic economy grew four times as fast as the OECD average in 2016. Photo/Iceland Mag-OECD figures

I’ve been to Iceland. The weather would get me down. Struggling against the wind.

People don’t think about things like that, beforehand.
How long were you there for, is it windy every day?

It’s not constant. Comes and goes. Catches you unawares. I saw one lady blown over to the ground from a sudden violent gust. As we were standing there, admiring the waterfall.
Meh. .. from all of the on-line guides, it looks like it changes from region to region, and varies from day to day.

My state has some of the shittiest weather in the Union, and my location in my state has the least sunshine in the entire union, even less than the Pacific North West.

All weather is fine if you aren't a pussy.

Only women and children bitch about the weather.

The strength of those gales; can’t compare.

And I come from a windy country.
Terrific!
:113:

Sounds similar to home. . . .

I have always thought if I were to move to Europe, I would go to Iceland, they always had the most sane government in my view.

I love their history, and the geography and land is spectacular. It is like heaven on Earth.

Their weather is a bit cool. The winters there are more mild than here around the Great Lakes, so that would be a bonus, but their summers, are much, much cooler.

OTH, I admired the hell how they dealt with their bankers since the 2008 collapse, and they have had phenomenal growth since then.

Another bonus? It isn't officially part of the EU, though it has many tight treaties with it.

. . . added to that, if I thought it were safe to come back to visit relatives and friends, the travel costs to NY would probably be cheapest too.

If you had to go through the pain of learning a new language. . . I guess, that would be the price worth to pay. . .

gdp_growt.png

Tourism a major boost The Icelandic economy grew four times as fast as the OECD average in 2016. Photo/Iceland Mag-OECD figures

I’ve been to Iceland. The weather would get me down. Struggling against the wind.

How long were you there for, is it windy every day?

It’s not constant. Comes and goes. Catches you unawares. I saw one lady blown over to the ground from a sudden violent gust. As we were standing there, admiring the waterfall.
Meh. .. from all of the on-line guides, it looks like it changes from region to region, and varies from day to day.

My state has some of the shittiest weather in the Union, and my location in my state has the least sunshine in the entire union, even less than the Pacific North West.

All weather is fine if you aren't a pussy.

Only women and children bitch about the weather.

The strength of those gales; can’t compare.

And I come from a windy country.
Terrific!
:113:

Sounds similar to home. . . .

I went whale watching. And bathing in the Blue Lagoon.

It seems the Danes run everything in that country.

.. .. . well, there you go Real with True if a member of the British aristocracy is against you moving there. . . it's probably a good place to go. :heehee:

Last edited:
Life has been harsh and cruel and I am not willing to raise a family in such conditions. Europe is my destination and my goal is Summer 2022. This move won't be easy but I can make it happen.

Advice for ex-pats in Europe? What are the best places for Americans to move to in Europe?

People are people wherever one goes. Mongolia is the most peaceful country @ current on the face of the earth. Cambodia has the most advanced medical services globally. Europe in general has a decent standard of life but is still rife with interbickering between its nations(politic'n, high taxation etc). If one is looking to escape the 'human condition' then far north Alaska is probably the best location on the face of the earth. Kotzebue, is among the most isolated of the habitable coastal towns. Unfortunately access is restricted to air/sea travel despite being located directly on an exposed(no bay) rounded corner of land that faces directly into the N/W Chukchi sea. I only am suggesting Kotzebue as I spent five weeks working there. Eighty knot winds & -60F is about as extreme as the weather gets but that's a lot better than the weather is out in the Aleutian island chain(EXTREME weather!) There are more towns on the far north Alaskan coast but from what I have heard from my former crew members that have worked up there it's best to be avoided(sounds almost as bad as the Aleutian islands). I did not get to work in the smaller & more isolated inland towns located in the arctic circle zone of Alaska except Fairbanks, Eielson AFB & the town of North Pole, & they are not really small towns like Kotzebue meaning they have the same problems Seattle & Portland Oregon have, namely too many people crowded into a small area.

Life has been harsh and cruel and I am not willing to raise a family in such conditions. Europe is my destination and my goal is Summer 2022. This move won't be easy but I can make it happen.

Advice for ex-pats in Europe? What are the best places for Americans to move to in Europe?

People are people wherever one goes. Mongolia is the most peaceful country @ current on the face of the earth. Cambodia has the most advanced medical services globally. Europe in general has a decent standard of life but is still rife with interbickering between its nations(politic'n, high taxation etc). If one is looking to escape the 'human condition' then far north Alaska is probably the best location on the face of the earth. Kotzebue, is among the most isolated of the habitable coastal towns. Unfortunately access is restricted to air/sea travel despite being located directly on an exposed(no bay) rounded corner of land that faces directly into the N/W Chukchi sea. I only am suggesting Kotzebue as I spent five weeks working there. Eighty knot winds & -60F is about as extreme as the weather gets but that's a lot better than the weather is out in the Aleutian island chain(EXTREME weather!) There are more towns on the far north Alaskan coast but from what I have heard from my former crew members that have worked up there it's best to be avoided(sounds almost as bad as the Aleutian islands). I did not get to work in the smaller & more isolated inland towns located in the arctic circle zone of Alaska except Fairbanks, Eielson AFB & the town of North Pole, & they are not really small towns like Kotzebue meaning they have the same problems Seattle & Portland Oregon have, namely too many people crowded into a small area.

What’s it like in the Ozarks? I want to go there.

a real american does not run when the going gets tough.....im sure wherever you go the people will appreciate having someone like you there....were will you run to if it gets tough there?....

Good luck. You may be in for a rude awakening.

Depends on what industry you are in or what your motives are. If you are a low performer, the U.K is a good place to go.

If you have ambition, it's best to stay in America and make it work. There is a reason all top citizens of the world head to America.

I wouldnt think of Brits as low performers. I think a lot of them are downtrodden for many reasons but are ultimately a strong and highly intelligent people when not being feminized and neutered and forced back on their own land, which has a lot to do with the EU, the USA and female rulers.

Why pick on women? We have straight white guys running the show here in the U.S., guys like trump, pence, and Moscow mitch, who aren't worth a bucket of piss. What does having a penis have to do with anything.

Why pie con W, o man?

Are you trying to demonstrate male intellectual superiority?

gdp_growt.png

Iceland does seem like a nice quiet place to live. I read some National Geographic articles about Iceland and saw some shows on the wildlife there. If you like country life in remote locations good place to go. It isnt a pain learning new languages so much as finding the time you need.

gdp_growt.png

And why learn another language? Everyone talks the same crap. Whatever the language.

Most countries require you to learn their national language before you intend to move there.

It is damn difficult to do unless you are a millionaire a doctor or married to a citizen.
I tried to do it I owned a bar in southern Spain but now you can make money off the internet so it may be different. I would try the other great republic France. Number one quality of life great food
Like most Americans you are talking about Paris not France.
France is over-policed and over run with terrorist cells. You got the magazine shootings, the concert slaughter and other terrorist incidents. The population is too divided and tensions too great. Taxes are highest in Europe, so much so that a large portion of their upper class left France recently. But for women I suppose France is a wet dream.
Like most Americans you are talking about Paris not France period go to Poland if you want to be in a right-wing semi-revolution period or Hungary. Not happening in france. By the way your facts are all wrong period as for taxes you get what you pay for . Number one quality of life. Our right-wing propaganda denigrates France because they were right LOL.

French right wingers are ultra wealthy royalists that operate in the background watching France toil into degeneracy and foreign advancement. They'll milk France for what its worth till the last drop and not risk a drop of their clear pure blood to defend it. When France finally falls theyll pick up camp and move to some private island and mingle with others such as themselves of other nationalities.

France is my country of choice, though I don’t like their politics.

But you can’t have everything.

For most Americans, especially in the military, France is their EU location of choice.

gdp_growt.png

And why learn another language? Everyone talks the same crap. Whatever the language.

Most countries require you to learn their national language before you intend to move there.

Not where I Iive. English is a world language.

It is damn difficult to do unless you are a millionaire a doctor or married to a citizen.
I tried to do it I owned a bar in southern Spain but now you can make money off the internet so it may be different. I would try the other great republic France. Number one quality of life great food
Like most Americans you are talking about Paris not France.
France is over-policed and over run with terrorist cells. You got the magazine shootings, the concert slaughter and other terrorist incidents. The population is too divided and tensions too great. Taxes are highest in Europe, so much so that a large portion of their upper class left France recently. But for women I suppose France is a wet dream.
Like most Americans you are talking about Paris not France period go to Poland if you want to be in a right-wing semi-revolution period or Hungary. Not happening in france. By the way your facts are all wrong period as for taxes you get what you pay for . Number one quality of life. Our right-wing propaganda denigrates France because they were right LOL.

French right wingers are ultra wealthy royalists that operate in the background watching France toil into degeneracy and foreign advancement. They'll milk France for what its worth till the last drop and not risk a drop of their clear pure blood to defend it. When France finally falls theyll pick up camp and move to some private island and mingle with others such as themselves of other nationalities.

France is my country of choice, though I don’t like their politics.

But you can’t have everything.

For most Americans, especially in the military, France is their EU location of choice.

Why there?

I did meet an American policewoman in DC, who had been stationed in the military, at Marseilles.

gdp_growt.png

Iceland does seem like a nice quiet place to live. I read some National Geographic articles about Iceland and saw some shows on the wildlife there. If you like country life in remote locations good place to go. It isnt a pain learning new languages so much as finding the time you need.

They have strip clubs in Reykjavik.

Be prepared for excruciatingly high rent and utilities. The average electric cost in Europe is about right at double the cost in the U.S. Take that, and add in double to triple taxation... just know your money will get you much-much-much less

Forum List

Back