I'm retired in 23 days - Strange feeling

I'll be a fresh 55 with a steady income. Nothing to write home about, but much more than I need for certain, plus what's left of the mortgage is cake.

The days have turned to hours, this is a very strange feeling. I've worked since I was 10 and work is my nature. That said, I've been stuck in an office and bureaucracy for decades. I never found it that rewarding, and chose not to pursue some carrots. Part I'm an idiot, part principle, and part they were too easy a taking and not "worth the squeeze". But I'm lucky, my body feels great and I still enjoy heavy labor.

I'll go out uneventful, no party etc. It's just my nature. I'm real popular with many, while some of the brass and "players" think I'm an asshole. I consider both angles a compliment.

I do have some projects lined up, primarily restoring a classic I've owned since forever. It's in the works, going to be very cool.
Congratulations on your retirement. May God grant you the discipline to get all those projects done and enjoy the time someone else bought away from you for all those years of work. Retirement: :yes_text12:

Forum List

Back