I'm Pretty Sure I'm Being Haunted By The Spirit Of My Lost Cat

If you can't get something from nothing, would seem probable that if there is a "Creator", "It" would have to create from It's own substance and if that Creator is eternal, then Creation would also be eternal. Think on this in depth and it sheds a different perspective on concepts of souls and the "afterlife".

So, "Submitted for your consideration";

Soul Survivor: The Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot

by Andrea Leininger, Bruce Leininger,
Ken Gross (Contributor),
Carol Bowman (Foreword)
This is the story of James Leininger, who-- a little more than two weeks after his second birthday-- began having blood-curdling nightmares that just would not stop. When James began screaming out recurring phrases like, "Plane on fire! Little man can't get out!" the Leiningers finally admitted that they truly had to take notice.

When details of planes and war tragedies no two-year-old boy could know continued-- even in stark daylight-- Bruce and Andrea Leininger began to realize that this was an incredible situation. SOUL SURVIVOR is the story of how the Leiningers pieced together what their son was communicating and eventually discovered that he was reliving the past life of World War II fighter pilot James Huston. As Bruce Leininger struggled to understand what was happening to his son, he also uncovered details of James Huston's life-- and death-- as a pilot that will fascinate military buffs everywhere.

In SOUL SURVIVOR, we are taken for a gripping ride as the Leiningers' belief system is shaken to the core, and both of these families come to know a little boy who, against all odds and even in the face of true skeptics, harbors the soul of this man who died long ago.
~~~~~~~~~
Also;

Soul Survivor: The Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot by Bruce and Andrea Leininger with Ken Gross

EXCERPT:
At first, Bruce wasn't willing to consider the possibility of his son having lived a previous incarnation. This was due to Bruce's Christian beliefs. The book chronicles how this unwillingness lessened as the boy was able to state what kind of airplane the little man flew: "A Corsair"; the name of the boat that the airplane took off from: "Natoma" (USS Natoma Bay); and even the name of a friend: "Jack Larsen."

Surprises often confronted the Leiningers as they observed their son and researched the details of the dreams and memories he described. For example, at Christmastime in 2002 Bruce asked James for an explanation about having named his GI Joe action figures 'Billy,' 'Leon' and 'Walter.' James answered, "Because that's who met me when I got to heaven." It was found that among the 21 men killed while serving on the Natoma Bay were Billie Peeler, Leon Conner and Walter Devlin.
Of course, some like this will generate efforts to discredit ~ debunk, etc. In spirit of fairness and full consideration, I present this;
An embedded link in the above;
And the 94 page pdf, linked in the above;
~~~~~~~~~~~~
While Sudduth in the above trio of links goes to great lengths to 'nit pick' details to supposedly discredit the Leininger's and this book, he makes a few detail errors himself. Such as the claim that the "AT-6 Texan" was a WWII era fighter plane when in fact it was only an Advanced Trainer (the "AT") and not used during that war in a combat role.

He also excludes what we see above regards the episode of naming James "G.I. Joe" figures.
Also nothing about young James meeting and having a discussion with the aged sister of James Huston and both sharing intimate details of their childhoods together during the 1920-1930s.

If you can't get something from nothing, would seem probable that if there is a "Creator", "It" would have to create from It's own substance and if that Creator is eternal, then Creation would also be eternal. Think on this in depth and it sheds a different perspective on concepts of souls and the "afterlife".

So, "Submitted for your consideration";

Soul Survivor: The Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot

by Andrea Leininger, Bruce Leininger,
Ken Gross (Contributor),
Carol Bowman (Foreword)
This is the story of James Leininger, who-- a little more than two weeks after his second birthday-- began having blood-curdling nightmares that just would not stop. When James began screaming out recurring phrases like, "Plane on fire! Little man can't get out!" the Leiningers finally admitted that they truly had to take notice.

When details of planes and war tragedies no two-year-old boy could know continued-- even in stark daylight-- Bruce and Andrea Leininger began to realize that this was an incredible situation. SOUL SURVIVOR is the story of how the Leiningers pieced together what their son was communicating and eventually discovered that he was reliving the past life of World War II fighter pilot James Huston. As Bruce Leininger struggled to understand what was happening to his son, he also uncovered details of James Huston's life-- and death-- as a pilot that will fascinate military buffs everywhere.

In SOUL SURVIVOR, we are taken for a gripping ride as the Leiningers' belief system is shaken to the core, and both of these families come to know a little boy who, against all odds and even in the face of true skeptics, harbors the soul of this man who died long ago.
~~~~~~~~~
Also;

Soul Survivor: The Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot by Bruce and Andrea Leininger with Ken Gross

EXCERPT:
At first, Bruce wasn't willing to consider the possibility of his son having lived a previous incarnation. This was due to Bruce's Christian beliefs. The book chronicles how this unwillingness lessened as the boy was able to state what kind of airplane the little man flew: "A Corsair"; the name of the boat that the airplane took off from: "Natoma" (USS Natoma Bay); and even the name of a friend: "Jack Larsen."

Surprises often confronted the Leiningers as they observed their son and researched the details of the dreams and memories he described. For example, at Christmastime in 2002 Bruce asked James for an explanation about having named his GI Joe action figures 'Billy,' 'Leon' and 'Walter.' James answered, "Because that's who met me when I got to heaven." It was found that among the 21 men killed while serving on the Natoma Bay were Billie Peeler, Leon Conner and Walter Devlin.
Thank you for posting this.

I am so full of guilt.

When my beloved brother (he was my world) starting gurgling (what a horrible sound. I later learned it's termed the death rattle), I phoned the hospice nurse & she callously said, "Oh, he is going to soon die. Give him some [name of medicine] for secretions." I then stupidly asked the paid caregiver to give one or two drops. I suspect that he overdosed. Soon my brother was lifeless. I should have ignored that medicine & called 911. By the way, the hospice doctor said that nothing could have saved his life. Hospice, of course, just wanted to wind up their work and collect from Medicare.

Your OP shows that there are some things that we human beings do not understand.

September 25, 2022, was the worst day in my life of 85 years.

Every day I ask my mother and brother to send me a sign.

I have not received any so far.

But I am glad that some people have received signs from their loved ones.

Last edited:

I am so full of guilt.

When my beloved brother (he was my world) starting gurgling (what a horrible sound. I later learned it's termed the death rattle), I phoned the hospice nurse & she callously said, "Oh, he is going to soon die. Give him some [name of medicine] for secretions." I then stupidly asked the paid caregiver to give one or two drops. I suspect that he overdosed. Soon my brother was lifeless. I should have ignored that medicine & called 911. By the way, the hospice doctor said that nothing could have saved his life. Hospice, of course, just wanted to wind up their work and collect from Medicare.

Your OP shows that there are some things that we human beings do not understand.

Every day I ask my Mother and brother to send me a sign.

I'm really sorry to hear that, but like I already said, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions for you.

I hope with ALL my heart that the OP did experience some paranormal event.

I am in a deep depression because my only sibling recently passed away, possibly because of the incompetence of a caregiver, whom I had hired.

Thus, I am guilt-ridden. My brother (who was my world) depended on me to keep him alive, and I let him down.

I have been begging him to give me a sign that he has forgiven me, but so far nothing.

Except one strange "coincidence": the greater Los Angeles area contains millions and millions of people. When I went to the funeral home to make arrangements, the man who assisted me asked for my brother's ID. When I handed it to him, he studied it and then said, "He was my teacher in high school."
Amazing sometimes how small this world can be.
My late father and his wife often went on cruises, traveled, etc. For a small town boy, amazing how often he would bump into someone he knew.

Of course, some like this will generate efforts to discredit ~ debunk, etc. In spirit of fairness and full consideration, I present this;
An embedded link in the above;
And the 94 page pdf, linked in the above;
~~~~~~~~~~~~
While Sudduth in the above trio of links goes to great lengths to 'nit pick' details to supposedly discredit the Leininger's and this book, he makes a few detail errors himself. Such as the claim that the "AT-6 Texan" was a WWII era fighter plane when in fact it was only an Advanced Trainer (the "AT") and not used during that war in a combat role.

He also excludes what we see above regards the episode of naming James "G.I. Joe" figures.
Also nothing about young James meeting and having a discussion with the aged sister of James Huston and both sharing intimate details of their childhoods together during the 1920-1930s.
Just remembered another episode this M. Sudduth ("debunker").

There was an occasion when young James and his father were watching a TV program showing air combat in the Pacific during World War II. And James was saying; "that aircraft is a Zeke; that's a Betty, that's an Oscar, that's a Val, ..."

Seems the USA had a system of code names to use with aircraft type identifications. Fighters would have boy names and bombers, transports, liaison, etc. would have girl names. Note the sort of minute detail a pre-school ager would know of, let alone be able to make the ID's. Heck, most adult historians of that era aren't familiar with this either.

I am so full of guilt.

Every day I ask my mother and brother to send me a sign.

If you aren't up for reading, such as the book I've suggested here (it is thin and the type is about medium size ~quick read), I've a movie to recommend. It has an interesting plot on one's soul/spirit being involved after death in the lives of others that were close to that person. It's also an excellent aviation themed movie. Likely available through local library, or stream, or Amazon, etc.

"Always"
Alwaysfilmposter.jpg

Always is a 1989 American romantic fantasy drama film directed by Steven Spielberg, and starring Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter, John Goodman, Brad Johnson and Audrey Hepburn in her final film role.

Always is a remake of the 1943 romantic drama A Guy Named Joe set during World War II. The main departure from the 1943 film is the changing of the setting from wartime to a modern aerial firefighting operation.[3] The film, however, follows the same basic plot line: the spirit of a recently dead expert pilot mentors a newer pilot, while watching him fall in love with the girlfriend he left behind.[4] The names of the four principal characters of the earlier film are all the same, with the exception of the Ted Randall character, who is called Ted Baker in the remake, and Pete's last name is Sandich instead of Sandidge.

If you aren't up for reading, such as the book I've suggested here (it is thin and the type is about medium size ~quick read), I've a movie to recommend.
I assume that you are referring to Soul Survivor.

I have just ordered it from Amazon.

Thank you.

Btw, this is Jasmine in life. 🥰 (Silly kitty lol)

IMG_6766.JPG

And here's our current kitty for all of you who haven't seen her before. :)

IMG_20201002_155933 2.jpg

I assume that you are referring to Soul Survivor.

I have just ordered it from Amazon.

Thank you.

Yup!
As a military historian I found that some parts of it I was often anticipating where the authors were going with the background details regarding aircraft and combat, operations, etc.

1. I received the book yesterday.
2. I skimmed through it.
3. I hope that it is a true case of reincarnation.
4. I need to believe that there is an afterlife. (Although I have yet to have had any experience of it.)
5. I googled the book. As I expected, some people say that the book does not prove the case for reincarnation.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
1. I received the book yesterday.
2. I skimmed through it.
3. I hope that it is a true case of reincarnation.
4. I need to believe that there is an afterlife. (Although I have yet to have had any experience of it.)
5. I googled the book. As I expected, some people say that the book does not prove the case for reincarnation.

Have a nice day!
One will find that nearly every issue and topic has it range of people's opinions, pro thru con.
Also, many have varying levels of what they think qualifies as "proof".
In the end, we are mostly left to our own 'devices' as to what to believe or not.
Plenty of evidence of such just going through the posts on topics on this board.

One thought to consider.
IF there is a Creator, and such is an eternal designer and maker of the Cosmos; then what it has created would come from it's own substance. Can't get something from nothing.
Hence, the Universe/Cosmos will be eternal as well. No Beginning and no End.

1. I do NOT know if this counts as a genuine sign.

2. Before I went to bed tonight (Sunday), I asked my brother to visit me in my dreams (an idea suggested by some spirit mediums).

3. At about 6:40 p.m. (This 85-year-old goes to bed early), I suddenly dreamed I was feeding some fruit to my brother who was in bed. He was so delighted. I think that I was able to touch him on the arm and I realized that I would have to go to the store to buy more fruit.

4. I then suddenly woke up. According to some spirit mediums, this indicates a genuine visit from him.

5. Of course, I wept as I wrote about this incident in my journal.

6. What I am waiting for is a daytime "without a doubt" sign. That would be the defining moment of my life. I would forget politics and devote the remainder of my life to telling other grieving people about my experiences. (Another poster in this thread has opined that a sign may appear when I least expect it. I hope the poster is right.)

Forum List

Back