Zone1 I'm Not Sure If I Asked This Before, but How Can You Claim To Be A Christian and Be A Homophobe At The Same Time?

merriweather said:
The concern is for our society as a whole and where we are heading as a nation. Loving our fellowman, even as we go down the drain or over the cliff, is not a blessing we should forgo for any reason.
Meriweather I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean to say that we should go down the tube loving our fellow homosexuals to the death and destruction of ourselves and our society for some kind of blessing?

And that's why I said we shouldn't be bystanders and at least attempt to share the good news with them.

So if you saw a child trying to steal something and didn't know that it was against the law to do,.. would you consider it hateful for an adult to correct them because that's basically the same thing.
I think a parent teaching a kid right from wrong relative to stealing has nothing to do with gays fucking.

FJB. It is no different from other sins, but we definitely know that homosexuals will not get into heaven.
As far as filthy goes....it is filthy. i don't have to explain it. you have aids, you have monkeypox, homosexuals have other filthy disgusting symptoms of their lifestyle. I've read that some in San Francisco, insist on going into restaurants without clothes on and sitting on the upholstered seats. Who wants to sit on those cushions after that??

And the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. Romans 1:27

Since I'm going to put this right out here right now,.. I am NOT a homophobic,.. I don't believe that somebody can hate gays and say they love Jesus Christ and claim to follow Him at the same time.
But you would be wrong!

The christian bible speaks loudly against LGBTQ's and their rights.

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." (NLT)

Your sin against your bible's teaching is excused because of your ignorance. And without repentance it's going to be a sin for which you can't be excused.

Now is a good time for your public retracting of your blasphemy!

Meriweather I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean to say that we should go down the tube loving our fellow homosexuals to the death and destruction of ourselves and our society for some kind of blessing?
We have to, as a society, recognize that there is such a thing as gender dysphoria. Since there has been no 'gay gene' discovered the cause of homosexuality must lie somewhere else. Since our society today almost prohibits recognizing gayness as a mental/medical problem we are not helping these folks we are enabling their mental illness. That is not love.

I think a parent teaching a kid right from wrong relative to stealing has nothing to do with gays fucking.

They're both immoral behavior.

FJB. It is no different from other sins, but we definitely know that homosexuals will not get into heaven.

If they accept Christ they will. That's just talking about the unsaved and yes it's an evil filthy sin,.. but are we better than them because we're straight was my question since we are all sinners except for Christ. It doesn't mean I condone it though or that it gives us license to sin, just saying,.. homosexuality is not the unforgivable sin.

Vile affections; Gr. affections of dishonour, i.e. the most dishonourable and shameful affections; for as we are exhorted, 1 Thessalonians 4:4,5, to possess our vessels in honour, that is, to withhold our body from uncleanness; so they that give up themselves to uncleanness, dishonour themselves and their own bodies; see 1 Corinthians 6:18: if they, as this scripture tells us, that commit fornication dishonour their own bodies; then much more do they that practise the unnatural uncleanness hereafter mentioned. --Poole's commentary

Vile affections; Gr. affections of dishonour, i.e. the most dishonourable and shameful affections; for as we are exhorted, 1 Thessalonians 4:4,5, to possess our vessels in honour, that is, to withhold our body from uncleanness; so they that give up themselves to uncleanness, dishonour themselves and their own bodies; see 1 Corinthians 6:18: if they, as this scripture tells us, that commit fornication dishonour their own bodies; then much more do they that practise the unnatural uncleanness hereafter mentioned. --Poole's commentary

What about John 3:16? It says anybody who calls on the name of Jesus will be saved,.. it doesn't say anything about only straight people being saved.

Since I'm going to put this right out here right now,.. I am NOT a homophobic,.. I don't believe that somebody can hate gays and say they love Jesus Christ and claim to follow Him at the same time. Hating gays is not we are called to do folks. Jesus told us that we are supposed to love our neighbor. Not only if that neighbor is straight or has the same beliefs that we do, just to love our neighbor PERIOD. What we are supposed to do is love our neighbor and hate their sin.

So, I hate homosexuality, but I don't hate homosexuals. Now, here's another problem that comes up. People often get this confused with promoting homosexuality and this isn't okay either. Accepting people for who they are is not the same thing is doing what Disney is currently doing for example and putting LGBT stuff into all of their movies and our faces and children's faces and Walt is probably rolling in his grave right now because of it. So what I'm basically saying is we can cross the line with this both ways. We need to be in the middle where we're not hating gays, but we're not celebrating gay pride either. Hopefully that all makes sense. :)
I believe in God, i also believe in Lucifer because God allowed Lucifer to walk amongst us, to sway us away from God. God's path was never meant to be easy, while those that follow Lucifer have a much easier path, but Lucifer always gets his due. Queers have taken the easy path, while neither together can produce God's gifts(babies) they have worked with Lucifer's minions by having government force the rest of us to accept the queers as normal and allowed such things as marriage(that can never produce naturally a baby) and adoption of children, so the queers can warp the minds of those children as they grow up. When you understand this , it is easier to see how Lucifer is winning.

Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky
“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins—or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom—Lucifer.”

What about John 3:16? It says anybody who calls on the name of Jesus will be saved,.. it doesn't say anything about only straight people being saved.
Queers must give up their immoral actions before they are accepted into heaven as there is no longer a body but only a soul.

Queers must give up their immoral actions before they are accepted into heaven as there is no longer a body but only a soul.

Exactly as I never said that they didn't in fact I said the opposite where they had to work on restraint if they were going to be a child of God.

Since I'm going to put this right out here right now,.. I am NOT a homophobic,.. I don't believe that somebody can hate gays and say they love Jesus Christ and claim to follow Him at the same time. Hating gays is not we are called to do folks. Jesus told us that we are supposed to love our neighbor. Not only if that neighbor is straight or has the same beliefs that we do, just to love our neighbor PERIOD. What we are supposed to do is love our neighbor and hate their sin.

So, I hate homosexuality, but I don't hate homosexuals. Now, here's another problem that comes up. People often get this confused with promoting homosexuality and this isn't okay either. Accepting people for who they are is not the same thing is doing what Disney is currently doing for example and putting LGBT stuff into all of their movies and our faces and children's faces and Walt is probably rolling in his grave right now because of it. So what I'm basically saying is we can cross the line with this both ways. We need to be in the middle where we're not hating gays, but we're not celebrating gay pride either. Hopefully that all makes sense. :)

"Homophobe" is just a liberal slur. No one is afraid of the light-in-the-loafers gang and hardly anyone "hates" them.

Christians hate the sin of homosexuality and call on homos to repent.

But they love the sinner, and hopes that he will turn away from his sin.

OLD TESTAMENT

That OT also says we can kill people who work on the sabbath as well as saying that Women are not to teach or have any authority over men.

@Meriweather I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean to say that we should go down the tube loving our fellow homosexuals to the death and destruction of ourselves and our society for some kind of blessing?
No. What I am saying no matter whether we live at the high point of our nation or whether we live at is lowest point, we should be loving one another. Loving each other is our greatest blessing no matter when we live.

Hard right Christians are in it for the self-righteous hatred. Look at some of the mean ass bible bastards you've known. No love in them whatsoever but they still manage to find a warm spiritual home in any church you care to name.

Mark 12:31 "The second most important commandment is this: Love your neighbor the same as you love yourself. These two commands are the most important."

Hard right Christians are in it for the self-righteous hatred. Look at some of the mean ass bible bastards you've known. No love in them whatsoever but they still manage to find a warm spiritual home in any church you care to name.
The Christian churches don'e reject dirty money or Nazism.
They won't speak out against America's turn to fascism either, in time to do any good.

My opinion is that if you are a "real" or "true" Christian, you are not homophobic. However, you would feel that it is not God honoring and therefore, feel that it is sinful. I would think it might make you sad as a Christian, if you think it's something that makes God unhappy. A Christian would have God as top priority in their life. However, the 2nd priority of a Christian is to love others, so, hate of any person is also an affront to God. Scripture says there are 2 great commandments: (1) Love God and (2) Love others
My opinion is homosexuality is a "nurture" or learned experience and NOT a genetic as the I got to be me crowd crow!
FACTS:

Massive Study Finds No Single Genetic Cause of Same-Sex Sexual Behavior
Analysis of half a million people suggests genetics may have a limited contribution to sexual orientation
and the "I've got to be me"... statement is NOT a nature, i.e. genetic as a real study shows... but "nurture" or learned!
Ask "gay" subjects if encouraged, easy to obtain sexual gratification was a prime motivator?
FACTS...
CONSIDERABLE PORTION OF THE population, perhaps the major portion of the male population, has at least some homosexual experience between adolescence and old age.
In addition, about 60 per cent of the pre-adolescent boys engage in homosexual activities, and there is an additional group of adult males who avoid overt contacts but who are quite aware of their potentialities for reacting to other males.

Easiest way to get sexual gratification. ... NURTURE....
About 3% of American men—or 1 in 33—have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime.5; 1 out of every 10 rape victims are male.

Sex gratification performing or performed on is EASIER with men on men!
NOT a genealogical but LEARNED (NURTURE) behavior!
Forced sex by a man on a woman is rape...so is on a man by a man.
but on average, men retain more desire than women, so we would expect men in gay couples to feel the most desire, and women in lesbian couples the least, with the men in mixed-sex couples expressing more libido than the women. But in the survey, sexual desire was pretty much the same for all couples,
with gay men and lesbians expressing slightly more desire than heterosexuals.
And this was one of the few.
There apparently is very little interest in this principle:
A) Young people especially males are more sexually driven than females.
Reason:
Sex drive in males with a receptacle is not as important and climaxing and spewing thousands of sperm...
Sex drive in females though more conservative, i.e. life time egg ovulation by female" only 300 to 400 during a woman's reproductive lifetime.
B) So males don't care when, where, who they climax with....female, male in the male's hand? Climax!
So "I got to be me" to a gay male is not the driving force...sex and frequency is!

Yup.

I also notice they seem to pick and choose what they like from the bible.

Like they justify their hatred of LGBT people based on scriptures in Leviticus, Deut,exodus and such.

But in those same passages are parts talking about killing a son who dishonors their father and mother,killing someone who works on the sabbath, saying tattoos are a sin against the lord god,saying that no women are to teach or have authority over men, saying people can own slaves(an evil that no one approves of today) saying that mixing meat and dairy is considered detestable to the lord,saying that those who practice other religions are to be killed(yes it is in there)

and going to worship other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or moon or any of the host of heaven—which I have forbidden—…

Doesn't that sound a lot like a certain Muslim sect that talks about killing non-believers?

Last edited:

Sorry, but I for one am not impressed by your attempt to portray yourself as a magnanimous, enlightened and proper Christian while saying that you hate homosexuality but not homosexuals. I submit to you that hating an innate and immutable aspect of a person is tantamount to hating the person themselves.

Homosexuality has become widley accepted and normalized to a great extent. The fact is that a heterocentic environment is exclusionary. Racial and religious minorities regularly get equal time in the media and in entertainment. There is no reason why gays should not also get equal time and that is all Disney is doing. Kids are well aware of LGBT issues and the chances are that they know a gay, lesbian or transperson. It is already " in their face" in real life. All that Disney and school programs like gay-straight alliances are doing is to reinforce the idea of being tollerant and accepting of others- and to be comfortable in their own skin should they have gender or sexuality concerns

Now getting back to the issue of who and what you hate and don't hate, I am left wondering where you stand on LGBT rights. For starters, is has recently been suggested that Lawrence v Texas and Obergefell v Hodges be overturned. Your thoughts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back