I'm gonna get a motorcycle with the intention of eventually becoming a racer. Mom and dad are freaking out.

Anomalism

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2020
Marcus Aurelius said a man should not fear death, but rather the prospect of never truly living life, because one is inevitable and the other is something we can control.

I want to eventually race super fast and expensive motorcycles once I'm competent enough for it.

The most deadly racetrack in the world. I want to race on a track like that.

Marcus Aurelius said a man should not fear death, but rather the prospect of never truly living life, because one is inevitable and the other is something we can control.

I want to eventually race super fast and expensive motorcycles once I'm competent enough for it.

The freedom of two wheels is exhilarating.

You are unlikely to ever become a professional racer if you weren't raised on bikes. Regardless, good luck and try not to kill yourself.

It takes a lot of practice to be able to stay up using your knee.
I did it a few times on my YZF but i have been riding 2 wheels since i was 10.

Instead buy a Harley and cruise....no need for speed....
When i got my Harley, I sold my rocket.
I do miss it though. Harleys cant compare to the fun you can have on a rocket, speed wise.
Thought about buying me a cheap one, just to get my curve hugging out of my system lol

You are unlikely to ever become a professional racer if you weren't raised on bikes. Regardless, good luck and try not to kill yourself.
I think half of it is just having the nerve to put yourself in that situation. I am a good learner. I'll definitely be able to master a motorcycle.

I do miss it though. Harleys cant compare to the fun you can have on a rocket, speed wise.
Thought about buying me a cheap one, just to get my curve hugging out of my system lol
I grew up on a Kawasaki 500 but eventually found friends with big bikes...so I bought a road king....I like the comfort...

I think half of it is just having the nerve to put yourself in that situation. I am a good learner. I'll definitely be able to master a motorcycle.
Take a rider course. Then take the intermediate course. That should tell you whether hard core riding is in your future or not.

I grew up on a Kawasaki 500 but eventually found friends with big bikes...so I bought a road king....I like the comfort...
Me too man.
I have a wide glide and love it, but i want more body, more space. I love road glides 😍
Thought about maybe trading up when my vehicle is paid off.
IDK i want so fucking much :lol:

Me too man.
I have a wide glide and love it, but i want more body, more space. I love road glides 😍
Thought about maybe trading up when my vehicle is paid off.
IDK i want so fucking much :lol:
I use to have a soft tail slim flat black and loud as hell...beautiful bike that turned heads where ever I went but the road king fits me better...

I'm in no way trying to discourage you, but I'll tell you a story. Back when I first learned how to ride, I took a class to get my license, and the instructor said "there are two types of riders; those who have had a crash, and those who will." I thought it was bullshit at the time, and I rode for years after that with no crashes (some close calls, though).

Then, in 2014, I got hit by a car from behind while I was stopped to make a left turn. The gal who hit me at 55 mph was texting and never even hit the brakes. I got a helicopter ride to the trauma center and a broken back, concussion, shredded elbow, and four broken ribs. My helmet and a bystander who put a tourniquet on my arm saved my life.

Do your dream, but be realistic about the risks.

It seems to me like street motorcycles are just too dangerous for my taste these days. On the road there's just too many elderly people who can barely see anymore and inexperienced teen drivers who don't even bother to look before they pull out in front of you.

Forum List

Back