Zone1 I’m Getting Married!

In our relationships it's never about the man. It's about what will make the woman happy. I would imagine we'll be in the Medford area since that is where she is from.
We lived in Medford for one year to the day. My husband was recruited there to run his company's engineering department. It is a lovely city. I planted 30 Shreveport rose bushes in our front yard there, then just as they were blooming, he was transferred again to Casper Wyoming where in spite of the cold outside most of the year, the town there has dear hearts and gentle people. The most outstanding things I recall about Medford were sunshine, the Jackson & Perkins Rose paradise, and the Presbyterian Church. Only one year there, but it was so beautiful and an hour's drive to the most fabulously crystal clear Crater Lake. Another short drive would get you to the beautiful Pacific Ocean, the Oregon Coast, and a fabulous light house.
Shreveport Rose
24194.jpg

The Shreveport Roses were the most beautiful and sweet grandiflora Roses I ever saw.
It was a joy to see them all bloom dozens of roses apiece. I still miss them, 40 years later.​

We lived in Medford for one year to the day. My husband was recruited there to run his company's engineering department. It is a lovely city. I planted 30 Shreveport rose bushes in our front yard there, then just as they were blooming, he was transferred again to Casper Wyoming where in spite of the cold outside most of the year, the town there has dear hearts and gentle people. The most outstanding things I recall about Medford were sunshine, the Jackson & Perkins Rose paradise, and the Presbyterian Church. Only one year there, but it was so beautiful and an hour's drive to the most fabulously crystal clear Crater Lake. Another short drive would get you to the beautiful Pacific Ocean, the Oregon Coast, and a fabulous light house.
Shreveport Rose
24194.jpg

The Shreveport Roses were the most beautiful and sweet grandiflora Roses I ever saw.
It was a joy to see them all bloom dozens of roses apiece. I still miss them, 40 years later.​
I lived in Casper too. Cold and windy.

I lived in Casper too. Cold and windy.
After we retired, I had terminal bronchitis/pneumonia/coughing. I begged my husband to move back to Texas, where my family moved to CA after my brother and I graduated from high school. From there, transfers brought me to Casper, WY. Except for 2 transfers to Oregon, my talented husband was double promoted to return to Casper, for a total of 35 years residence. It was the cold and and a lot of begging to retire near my sister in Texas.

After we retired, I had terminal bronchitis/pneumonia/coughing. I begged my husband to move back to Texas, where my family moved to CA after my brother and I graduated from high school. From there, transfers brought me to Casper, WY. Except for 2 transfers to Oregon, my talented husband was double promoted to return to Casper, for a total of 35 years residence. It was the cold and and a lot of begging to retire near my sister in Texas.
I live near the north platte river it was in my backyard. CY junior High lol.

It seems my charms finally won her over. My NDN Princess has agreed to marry me. We will be moving to one of the most beautiful places on earth.
The wedding will happen on Juneteenth of 2024.

Congrats.

Now, remember: you're always on probation - remember that. Try not to let marriage become 'normal' or 'routine'. Try to keep the energy that you have when you're dating. Go on dates. Communicate. Give her the wood on a regular basis.

And oh yeah, that little book or whatever you left on the coffee table and she politely asks you to put it back on the bookshelf, the dishes in the sink that it's your turn to wash...do that shit without delay.

Congrats.

Now, remember: you're always on probation - remember that. Try not to let marriage become 'normal' or 'routine'. Try to keep the energy that you have when you're dating. Go on dates. Communicate. Give her the wood on a regular basis.

And oh yeah, that little book or whatever you left on the coffee table and she politely asks you to put it back on the bookshelf, the dishes in the sink that it's your turn to wash...do that shit without delay.
By the time we get married, I'll be retired. That will give me plenty of time to make sure she is protected and content.
The sun rises and sets with her.

This thread is about me getting married. Getting married in 2024. That means i'll be posting here for a few more months before we leave. Might as well get used to it.
Still using "da white man's technology" I see. What commitment to keeping your word.

I've gotten used to it. Others, not so much..
Mean Mister Mustard sleeps in the park
Shaves in the dark trying to save paper
Sleeps in a hole in the road
Saving up to buy some clothes
Keeps a ten-bob note up his nose
Such a mean old man
Such a mean old man
His sister Pam works in a shop
She never stops, she's a go-getter
Takes him out to look at the queen
Only place that he's ever been
Always shouts out something obscene