I'm done with Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods has been on the receiving end of racist comments (or comments that could be perceived as racist) from his peers, his colleagues, and even some media members over the years.

A history of racist remarks aimed at Tiger Woods

It is sad a reminder of Tiger Woods’s brilliance arrives at a point when his career has never been clouded in more doubt. With little over a fortnight to go until the Masters, the 41-year-old still cannot confirm his participation as he battles recurring back problems. Still, there was an upbeat Woods in Manhattan on Monday as he launched The 1997 Masters: My Story. Woods’s decline has not diminished the level of focus on his every move as exhibited by disappointment at the book store when fans were limited to one copy per person.

Twenty years ago Woods was not so much at the peak of his powers as offering a sign of things to come. He prevailed at Augusta by a dozen shots to claim his first major, thereby endorsing every theory that existed since childhood that he would prove a golfing phenomenon. This book is notable for being in existence at all, Woods being so guarded in his public dealings, and therefore provides superb and so rare detail of the thought processes of this golfing genius. When Tiger speaks people still sit up and take notice.

The mechanics of the 1997 Masters can wait. Woods uses this book to continually reference the struggles he had on the grounds of race. Golf, the industry which made him a superstar, was initially an uncomfortable environment. When donning a first of four Green Jackets, Woods had a goal. “I knew none of this meant, necessarily, things would change dramatically for minorities in golf. I hoped my win would encourage them to play, or to chase their dreams whatever they were.

“But it would have been naive of me to think my win would mean the end of ‘the look’ when a person from any minority walked into some golf clubs, especially the game’s private clubs. I only hoped my win, and how I won, might put a dent in the way people perceived black people.

Tiger Woods' new book paints a grim picture of racism endemic in golf

A clip from an interview with Tiger Woods in 1990 resurfaced this week. It showed the young golf prodigy opening up about his experiences with discrimination.

A 14-year-old Woods discusses in the clip, produced by Trans World Sport, what it’s like being a biracial golfer in a predominantly white sport.

“Every time I go to a major country club I can always feel it. Always sense it. People always staring at me. ‘What are you doing here? You shouldn’t be here,’” Woods said.

While he isn’t the first person of color to play professional golf, Woods dominated the sport at a time when a diverse cultural representation of players was far and few between.

Woods goes on in the video to compare himself to other athletes who have had a huge impact in their own respective sport.

Teenage Tiger Woods Opens Up About Experiencing Racism In Golf | HuffPost

When I speak, it is because I know it is fact. You racists might want try do the same because the beatings will continue until you can.
You aren't capable of beatings. All you can do is some particularly smelly farts.

Tiger Woods has been on the receiving end of racist comments (or comments that could be perceived as racist) from his peers, his colleagues, and even some media members over the years.

It is sad a reminder of Tiger Woods’s brilliance arrives at a point when his career has never been clouded in more doubt. With little over a fortnight to go until the Masters, the 41-year-old still cannot confirm his participation as he battles recurring back problems. Still, there was an upbeat Woods in Manhattan on Monday as he launched The 1997 Masters: My Story. Woods’s decline has not diminished the level of focus on his every move as exhibited by disappointment at the book store when fans were limited to one copy per person.

Twenty years ago Woods was not so much at the peak of his powers as offering a sign of things to come. He prevailed at Augusta by a dozen shots to claim his first major, thereby endorsing every theory that existed since childhood that he would prove a golfing phenomenon. This book is notable for being in existence at all, Woods being so guarded in his public dealings, and therefore provides superb and so rare detail of the thought processes of this golfing genius. When Tiger speaks people still sit up and take notice.

The mechanics of the 1997 Masters can wait. Woods uses this book to continually reference the struggles he had on the grounds of race. Golf, the industry which made him a superstar, was initially an uncomfortable environment. When donning a first of four Green Jackets, Woods had a goal. “I knew none of this meant, necessarily, things would change dramatically for minorities in golf. I hoped my win would encourage them to play, or to chase their dreams whatever they were.

“But it would have been naive of me to think my win would mean the end of ‘the look’ when a person from any minority walked into some golf clubs, especially the game’s private clubs. I only hoped my win, and how I won, might put a dent in the way people perceived black people.

A clip from an interview with Tiger Woods in 1990 resurfaced this week. It showed the young golf prodigy opening up about his experiences with discrimination.

A 14-year-old Woods discusses in the clip, produced by Trans World Sport, what it’s like being a biracial golfer in a predominantly white sport.

“Every time I go to a major country club I can always feel it. Always sense it. People always staring at me. ‘What are you doing here? You shouldn’t be here,’” Woods said.

While he isn’t the first person of color to play professional golf, Woods dominated the sport at a time when a diverse cultural representation of players was far and few between.

Woods goes on in the video to compare himself to other athletes who have had a huge impact in their own respective sport.

When I speak, it is because I know it is fact. You racists might want try do the same because the beatings will continue until you can.

So he has spoken out against real racism according to all this.... and he has been a positive role model for African Americans by virtue of his success ( and also been a flawed human as are all of us)

So whats your problem with him then? seems to be you cant handle that we are all different. If he's friends with Trump thats between him and Trump. Unless you know Trump personally, all any of us know is what is portrayed to us by the media.

You are a fool if you think what you have posted. I appreciate differences.

If Woods was friends with Farrakhan you'd be singing a different tune. So I will choose to dismiss your hypocrisy at this point.

You aren't capable of beatings. All you can do is some particularly smelly farts.

You need to get your nose out my ass then. Funka puss.

I grew up in the same town his father was raised and is now buried in. He played baseball at the university at a time where blacks could not cross the main street at that time after dark. He played in a conference that was throwing bananas at people like him when he played. He introduced Tiger to golf and Tiger has faced untold racism during his career. Yet Tiger stood in front of Trump and refused to represent.

Now I am sure the usual suspects will think it's great that Tiger has taken the bs and shows no anger. And all the lectures from whites talking about how great it is for non whites to never be angry about what was done to us would be great if whites followed the same rules.

So when will whites stop the wars they have started because they were mad about how they were done. Where is all the forgiveness for ISIS and Al Queada? Hezbollah? And you damn sure had none for Ghaddaffi.

I'm done with Tiger Woods. I wish him no ill will, but as far as caring if he wins? That's over. Because these are not the times for people like Tiger to stand in Trumps presence with a lawn jockey smile.
Ah, another negro turns on a fellow negro because he’s not all-in with the hate white people racists.

Time to start tossing those Oreos at Uncle Tiger, boys.

Kinda like those whites you bitches call cucks because they reject white supremacy. A half black half asian should have a problem with a white racist. Or are you suggesting all whites are racists?

I grew up in the same town his father was raised and is now buried in. He played baseball at the university at a time where blacks could not cross the main street at that time after dark. He played in a conference that was throwing bananas at people like him when he played. He introduced Tiger to golf and Tiger has faced untold racism during his career. Yet Tiger stood in front of Trump and refused to represent.

Now I am sure the usual suspects will think it's great that Tiger has taken the bs and shows no anger. And all the lectures from whites talking about how great it is for non whites to never be angry about what was done to us would be great if whites followed the same rules.

So when will whites stop the wars they have started because they were mad about how they were done. Where is all the forgiveness for ISIS and Al Queada? Hezbollah? And you damn sure had none for Ghaddaffi.

I'm done with Tiger Woods. I wish him no ill will, but as far as caring if he wins? That's over. Because these are not the times for people like Tiger to stand in Trumps presence with a lawn jockey smile.

ANOTHER THINLY VEILED I2M ANTI-WHITE HATE RANT. IGNORE.

Tiger has no white in him. His father was black, his mother Thai. He is half black and half asian. But it's funny how you maggots try splitting blacks up. Because the half blacks you show as criminals are never called that. White racists like you guys have the minds of developmentally challenged children. At least those children can be healed.

Furthermore you little children would not be defending Tiger if he was friends with Al Sharpton. You could not stand for him if he was like LeBron or Curry. The only blacks you maggots try pushing on us are the one who kiss your pasty white asses or present no challenge to your racism.

Last edited:
Tiger has no white in him. His father was black, his mother Thai. He is half black and half asian. But it's funny how you maggots try splitting blacks up. Because the half blacks you show as criminals are never called that. White racists like you guys have the minds of developmentally challenged children. At least those children can be healed.

Furthermore you little children would not be defending Tiger if he was friends with Al Sharpton. You could not stand for him if he was like LeBron or Curry. The only blacks you maggots try pushing on us are the one who kiss your pasty white asses or present no challenge to your racism.

You ought to click on the link in post 38, because it says this.......................

Cablinasian
A term Tiger Woods himself made up. It is a portmanteau of Caucasian, Black, American-Indian, and Asian, which is his ethnic make-up of a quarter Chinese, a quarter Thai, a quarter Black, an eighth Native American and an eighth Dutch.

Tiger Woods himself made up that word and definition because that is what he says his ethnicity is.

You ought to click on the link in post 38, because it says this.......................

Cablinasian
A term Tiger Woods himself made up. It is a portmanteau of Caucasian, Black, American-Indian, and Asian, which is his ethnic make-up of a quarter Chinese, a quarter Thai, a quarter Black, an eighth Native American and an eighth Dutch.

Tiger Woods himself made up that word and definition because that is what he says his ethnicity is.

I'm w

Cablinasian

To bad that the 'hyper-sensitive' people feel the need to criticize someone for trying to define them self, out of their own selfish motives.

I'm not a golf fan, or a Tiger Woods fan.... probably because I'm not a golf person. But the guy made this definition way back in 97 when he was young... and some people want to attribute it to him being a sell out or something.
More evidence that close mindedness comes from all sides

Woods' appearance on Oprah, and his comments revealing "Cablinasian," were made in 1997, in the aftemath of Woods becoming the first black golfer to win The Masters.

Some observers felt that in bringing up "Cablinasian," Woods was rejecting the identities of black and African-American. But Woods has explained over the years that was not his intent. Rather, he felt that "African-American" was too restrictive a term, given his multiracial background; and that, in particular, it excluded his Asian mother from the picture. Therefore, during childhood, Woods invented the term "Cablinasian."

I found it funny that Tiger used to call himself "cablinasian"

But guess what happened when he was arrested and they took his mug shot and threw him in the pen ?

DBBNwZrUwAANxkT.jpg

Cablinasian

I'm w

Cablinasian

To bad that the 'hyper-sensitive' people feel the need to criticize someone for trying to define them self, out of their own selfish motives.

I'm not a golf fan, or a Tiger Woods fan.... probably because I'm not a golf person. But the guy made this definition way back in 97 when he was young... and some people want to attribute it to him being a sell out or something.

Woods' appearance on Oprah, and his comments revealing "Cablinasian," were made in 1997, in the aftemath of Woods becoming the first black golfer to win The Masters.

Some observers felt that in bringing up "Cablinasian," Woods was rejecting the identities of black and African-American. But Woods has explained over the years that was not his intent. Rather, he felt that "African-American" was too restrictive a term, given his multiracial background; and that, in particular, it excluded his Asian mother from the picture. Therefore, during childhood, Woods invented the term "Cablinasian."

Consider those comments if and when you or other whites complain about blacks defining themselves as African Americans. Because I not objecting to what Woods calls himself, I am because he did not speak to Trump about his racism.

Cablinasian

I'm w

Cablinasian

Consider those comments if and when you or other whites complain about blacks defining themselves as African Americans. Because I not objecting to what Woods calls himself, I am because he did not speak to Trump about his racism.

Now why would I complain about blacks defining themselves as African American? who does that? unless maybe its because its someone like E. Warren who had 1/164 American Indian blood and who felt compelled to use it politically and call herself American Indian.

So then again it's really all about Trump. Not Tiger Woods, which is why the news media jumped all over it and you followed suit. It's about finding every opportunity to call Trump a racist. Tiger from what I understand has been trumps friend for years so, maybe he knows something about Trump that you don't. Course, we all have our opinions and thats fine.

Anyway, Tiger is not that old. He still has a lot of living to do and actually has spoken about race relations. The fact that he doesn't do it the way you want him to is on you... not him. He probably is not finished and will do things in his own time, not everyone is required to be an activist or walk around with hate on their face.

I'm still wondering what Woods did to deserve the Medal of Freedom (highest civilian award), other than being Trump's friend?

I found it funny that Tiger used to call himself "cablinasian"

But guess what happened when he was arrested and they took his mug shot and threw him in the pen ?

DBBNwZrUwAANxkT.jpg

Now what exactly is that supposed to imply?

Most people recognize Tiger Woods as black. The guy that arrested him wasn’t familiar with his racial makeup probably

Let’s see. I’m trying to recall just one prominent black person who’s left the dimocrat plantation that you racist blacks haven’t turned on. Hasn’t come to me yet but I promise to keep trying, honest.

If Tiger faced "untold racism over the years", how do you know about it? Furthermore, even if your ridiculous statement was true, what the hell does that have to do with Trump?

Blacks who have been accepted into the white community financially don't give a fuck. Most rappers are jealous of Eminem because he sells so many more albums than they do. Blacks like RunDMC got accepted into the white community and now they are rich. Fuck the black community. They'll never make a great golfer rich. White people did that. Lauren Hill learned how fast her success ended once she started talking racist bullshit. Are you buying her albums?

Ice T and Ice Cube are rich today because white people watch them on TV. The black community hasn't taken care of a black actor since Martin.

Forum List

Back