I'm done with Tiger Woods

I grew up in the same town his father was raised and is now buried in. He played baseball at the university at a time where blacks could not cross the main street at that time after dark. He played in a conference that was throwing bananas at people like him when he played. He introduced Tiger to golf and Tiger has faced untold racism during his career. Yet Tiger stood in front of Trump and refused to represent.

Now I am sure the usual suspects will think it's great that Tiger has taken the bs and shows no anger. And all the lectures from whites talking about how great it is for non whites to never be angry about what was done to us would be great if whites followed the same rules.

So when will whites stop the wars they have started because they were mad about how they were done. Where is all the forgiveness for ISIS and Al Queada? Hezbollah? And you damn sure had none for Ghaddaffi.

I'm done with Tiger Woods. I wish him no ill will, but as far as caring if he wins? That's over. Because these are not the times for people like Tiger to stand in Trumps presence with a lawn jockey smile.

Tiger Woods has "represented" for decades now! You're throwing him under the bus because he won't succumb to pressure from blacks like you and turn on Donald Trump...a man who's been a friend of his for a long time! You think Tiger CARES if someone like you wants him to win? THAT is laughable!

I grew up in the same town his father was raised and is now buried in. He played baseball at the university at a time where blacks could not cross the main street at that time after dark. He played in a conference that was throwing bananas at people like him when he played. He introduced Tiger to golf and Tiger has faced untold racism during his career. Yet Tiger stood in front of Trump and refused to represent.

Now I am sure the usual suspects will think it's great that Tiger has taken the bs and shows no anger. And all the lectures from whites talking about how great it is for non whites to never be angry about what was done to us would be great if whites followed the same rules.

So when will whites stop the wars they have started because they were mad about how they were done. Where is all the forgiveness for ISIS and Al Queada? Hezbollah? And you damn sure had none for Ghaddaffi.

I'm done with Tiger Woods. I wish him no ill will, but as far as caring if he wins? That's over. Because these are not the times for people like Tiger to stand in Trumps presence with a lawn jockey smile.

I didn't think that he identified as black. I remember him making up some nonsense, calling himself "cablanasian" or something silly like that.

He damn sure did. But his dad grew up in my hometown and he was black when he did it. Tiger can play golf but he's weak.

You are a black democrat... honestly are retarted??

You are a black democrat... honestly are retarted??

…..

Lose the hate. It's time.

Lose the lie. That's what time it is.

Tiger Woods has "represented" for decades now! You're throwing him under the bus because he won't succumb to pressure from blacks like you and turn on Donald Trump...a man who's been a friend of his for a long time! You think Tiger CARES if someone like you wants him to win? THAT is laughable!

If Tiger had spoke up you'd be acting like your opinion of him was the be and end all. Telling a friend he is causing problems is not turning on him. He should be more concerned with what those like me thinks than someone like you.

Tiger Woods won his first Masters in1997. He.and Trump have been friends for many many years. I've heard Woods discuss racial issues. He does not identify as black. He identifies as multiracial. He can do that partly because he never dealt with racism.

Tiger Woods won his first Masters in1997. He.and Trump have been friends for many many years. I've heard Woods discuss racial issues. He does not identify as black. He identifies as multiracial. He can do that partly because he never dealt with racism.

He's dealt with racism. You've heard nothing.

He can do that partly because he never dealt with racism.

Which is ok. Seems to me there is a place for everyone and their opinion, some people might want to identify as black , someone else might feel like they are attached to their other ethnicities and want to say they are multi-cultural. But as we know there are people in the world who need to control and be the judge of someone elses perspectives based on what their own life's experiences were. He probably did experience some racism but who knows, or what else he experienced? Or what he feels is racism or not.

Tiger Woods has been on the receiving end of racist comments (or comments that could be perceived as racist) from his peers, his colleagues, and even some media members over the years.

A history of racist remarks aimed at Tiger Woods

It is sad a reminder of Tiger Woods’s brilliance arrives at a point when his career has never been clouded in more doubt. With little over a fortnight to go until the Masters, the 41-year-old still cannot confirm his participation as he battles recurring back problems. Still, there was an upbeat Woods in Manhattan on Monday as he launched The 1997 Masters: My Story. Woods’s decline has not diminished the level of focus on his every move as exhibited by disappointment at the book store when fans were limited to one copy per person.

Twenty years ago Woods was not so much at the peak of his powers as offering a sign of things to come. He prevailed at Augusta by a dozen shots to claim his first major, thereby endorsing every theory that existed since childhood that he would prove a golfing phenomenon. This book is notable for being in existence at all, Woods being so guarded in his public dealings, and therefore provides superb and so rare detail of the thought processes of this golfing genius. When Tiger speaks people still sit up and take notice.

The mechanics of the 1997 Masters can wait. Woods uses this book to continually reference the struggles he had on the grounds of race. Golf, the industry which made him a superstar, was initially an uncomfortable environment. When donning a first of four Green Jackets, Woods had a goal. “I knew none of this meant, necessarily, things would change dramatically for minorities in golf. I hoped my win would encourage them to play, or to chase their dreams whatever they were.

“But it would have been naive of me to think my win would mean the end of ‘the look’ when a person from any minority walked into some golf clubs, especially the game’s private clubs. I only hoped my win, and how I won, might put a dent in the way people perceived black people.

Tiger Woods' new book paints a grim picture of racism endemic in golf

A clip from an interview with Tiger Woods in 1990 resurfaced this week. It showed the young golf prodigy opening up about his experiences with discrimination.

A 14-year-old Woods discusses in the clip, produced by Trans World Sport, what it’s like being a biracial golfer in a predominantly white sport.

“Every time I go to a major country club I can always feel it. Always sense it. People always staring at me. ‘What are you doing here? You shouldn’t be here,’” Woods said.

While he isn’t the first person of color to play professional golf, Woods dominated the sport at a time when a diverse cultural representation of players was far and few between.

Woods goes on in the video to compare himself to other athletes who have had a huge impact in their own respective sport.

Teenage Tiger Woods Opens Up About Experiencing Racism In Golf | HuffPost

When I speak, it is because I know it is fact. You racists might want try do the same because the beatings will continue until you can.

But as we know there are people in the world who need to control and be the judge of someone elses perspectives based on what their own life's experiences were.

This is what whites have done for the last 4 centuries. Until those saying things like this humble themselves and stop pretending they have not in order to make comments like the quote, nothing can change.

When you have faced injustice and are given a platform where you can help end that injustice it should be understood that you have been placed in that position by a power greater than you for a reason.

Tiger Woods has been on the receiving end of racist comments (or comments that could be perceived as racist) from his peers, his colleagues, and even some media members over the years.

A history of racist remarks aimed at Tiger Woods

It is sad a reminder of Tiger Woods’s brilliance arrives at a point when his career has never been clouded in more doubt. With little over a fortnight to go until the Masters, the 41-year-old still cannot confirm his participation as he battles recurring back problems. Still, there was an upbeat Woods in Manhattan on Monday as he launched The 1997 Masters: My Story. Woods’s decline has not diminished the level of focus on his every move as exhibited by disappointment at the book store when fans were limited to one copy per person.

Twenty years ago Woods was not so much at the peak of his powers as offering a sign of things to come. He prevailed at Augusta by a dozen shots to claim his first major, thereby endorsing every theory that existed since childhood that he would prove a golfing phenomenon. This book is notable for being in existence at all, Woods being so guarded in his public dealings, and therefore provides superb and so rare detail of the thought processes of this golfing genius. When Tiger speaks people still sit up and take notice.

The mechanics of the 1997 Masters can wait. Woods uses this book to continually reference the struggles he had on the grounds of race. Golf, the industry which made him a superstar, was initially an uncomfortable environment. When donning a first of four Green Jackets, Woods had a goal. “I knew none of this meant, necessarily, things would change dramatically for minorities in golf. I hoped my win would encourage them to play, or to chase their dreams whatever they were.

“But it would have been naive of me to think my win would mean the end of ‘the look’ when a person from any minority walked into some golf clubs, especially the game’s private clubs. I only hoped my win, and how I won, might put a dent in the way people perceived black people.

Tiger Woods' new book paints a grim picture of racism endemic in golf

A clip from an interview with Tiger Woods in 1990 resurfaced this week. It showed the young golf prodigy opening up about his experiences with discrimination.

A 14-year-old Woods discusses in the clip, produced by Trans World Sport, what it’s like being a biracial golfer in a predominantly white sport.

“Every time I go to a major country club I can always feel it. Always sense it. People always staring at me. ‘What are you doing here? You shouldn’t be here,’” Woods said.

While he isn’t the first person of color to play professional golf, Woods dominated the sport at a time when a diverse cultural representation of players was far and few between.

Woods goes on in the video to compare himself to other athletes who have had a huge impact in their own respective sport.

Teenage Tiger Woods Opens Up About Experiencing Racism In Golf | HuffPost

When I speak, it is because I know it is fact. You racists might want try do the same because the beatings will continue until you can.

So he has spoken out against real racism according to all this.... and he has been a positive role model for African Americans by virtue of his success ( and also been a flawed human as are all of us)

So whats your problem with him then? seems to be you cant handle that we are all different. If he's friends with Trump thats between him and Trump. Unless you know Trump personally, all any of us know is what is portrayed to us by the media.

But as we know there are people in the world who need to control and be the judge of someone elses perspectives based on what their own life's experiences were.

This is what whites have done for the last 4 centuries. Until those saying things like this humble themselves and stop pretending they have not in order to make comments like the quote, nothing can change.

When you have faced injustice and are given a platform where you can help end that injustice it should be understood that you have been placed in that position by a power greater than you for a reason.

No I have not controlled people for the last four centuries , and you have no idea whether or not I have been humbled in life or not. I dont accept guilt for what someone 4 centuries ago did, or what someone did in 1960 because I had no control over their actions. absolutely not.yeah white have had slaves for 4 centuries and the world has had them for longer.. times change.
So you think Woods should be an activist? why not just let him just be himself? its not anyones place to tell other people how to live in that respect... it really isn't anyones business. Those who choose to stand up and be activists... that is their place and that is their calling. But i understand you are fully invested in the politics of race.

If Tiger had spoke up you'd be acting like your opinion of him was the be and end all. Telling a friend he is causing problems is not turning on him. He should be more concerned with what those like me thinks than someone like you.
America will never accept black culture.. assimilate before it’s to late

What exactly do you think he was supposed to do? (I haven't seen the meeting.)

Man up.

Uh, okay. Had he managed to "man up", how, specifically, would his behavior have been different?

[I grew up in the same town his father was raised and is now buried in.] He played baseball at the university at a time where blacks could not cross the main street at that time after dark. He played in a conference that was throwing bananas at people like him when he played........

BULLSHIT. He's not that old. Tiger Woods has been coddled, praised, and told in no uncertain terms that he could get away with anything since he was ten years old.

I've put a few words in bold face. Maybe they help you to read three (!) sentences in context.

Another black IM2 dont care for because they arent racist like him.
Color me shocked

Ah, another negro turns on a fellow negro because he’s not all-in with the hate white people racists.

Time to start tossing those Oreos at Uncle Tiger, boys.

Forum List

Back