Illinois village bans assault weapons, to fine violators $1,000 per day

Shall we bow before our Public Masters?

• Yes Mi'lord

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay!

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters
Hell, I thought Conservatives were all in favor of Home Rule, which is what this is.
tongue_smile.gif

Hell, I thought Conservatives were all in favor of Home Rule, which is what this is.
tongue_smile.gif

Home rule doesn't allow local governments to violate the Constitution.

So you are OK with some local Alabama town banning abortion?

Shall we comply with laws passed by our elected officials?

Yes.

Don't like the law?

Vote against those officials, next time, who passed the law.

Vote for those candidates, next time, who will repeal the law.

Hell, challenge the law in a lawsuit within the court system, if you like...

But, in the meantime...

You will obey the law.

Q.E.D.

So again, you are A-OK with local governments passing abortion bans, right?

.......or just move to another community. What makes anyone think that criminals from all over the Chicago area will avoid going into Deerfield? They may be more inclined to go there knowing that the return fire will be limited. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Yeah...

I'm sure the Bad Guys aren't afraid of Deerfield Glocks and Smith & Wessons and shotguns and rifles and all the other firearms still allowed in Deerfield, and were just waiting for this action on the part of the City Fathers, to invade Deerfield aided by illegal automatic weapons which they will unleash, mercilessly, upon Deerfield's unwitting pacific population...

Not.

.......or just move to another community. What makes anyone think that criminals from all over the Chicago area will avoid going into Deerfield? They may be more inclined to go there knowing that the return fire will be limited. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Yeah...

I'm sure the Bad Guys aren't afraid of Deerfield Glocks and Smith & Wessons and shotguns and rifles and all the other firearms still allowed in Deerfield, and were just waiting for this action on the part of the City Fathers, to invade Deerfield aided by illegal automatic weapons which they will unleash, mercilessly, upon Deerfield's unwitting pacific population...

Not.
By the Deerfield village idiots reckoning, guns that hold more than 10 rounds are more dangerous than those limited to 10. What is to keep a person from carrying 10 magazines with 10 rounds each in them? What is to keep a person from carrying 10 fully loaded Glocks?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

That would be just fine by me.

Imagine that, someone advocating for sensible nationwide firearms regulation, also in favor of restrictions on abortion.

That's what happens when you're dealing with Independents and Centrists, rather than Identity Politics a$$holes on either side of the aisle.

Wake me up when you defy a local law involving $1000-per-day fines, eh?

Oh, the laughable 'bans' you have in the US may not work, where a locality 'bans' guns while surrounded by an ocean of them. Yeah, that's ludicrous. It has to be done nationally.

Which it will not be within the far foreseeable future.

That would be just fine by me.

Imagine that, someone advocating for sensible nationwide firearms regulation, also in favor of restrictions on abortion.

That's what happens when you're dealing with Independents and Centrists, rather than Identity Politics a$$holes on either side of the aisle.

Wake me up when you defy a local law involving $1000-per-day fines, eh?

The law is unconstitutional and in direct violation of heller.

Yeah...

Not.
By the Deerfield village idiots reckoning, guns that hold more than 10 rounds are more dangerous than those limited to 10. What is to keep a person from carrying 10 magazines with 10 rounds each in them? What is to keep a person from carrying 10 fully loaded Glocks?

When one is looking to establish limits, you've gotta pick a number.

Regardless of what number you pick, naysayers gonna say nay.

Predictable, and, quite honestly, entirely irrelevant - signifying nothing - with zero effect.

Yeah...

Not.

When one is looking to establish limits, you've gotta pick a number.

Regardless of what number you pick, naysayers gonna say nay.

Predictable, and, quite honestly, entirely irrelevant - signifying nothing - with zero effect.
Not irrelevant. The 2nd Amendment states "....shall not be infringed." The village idiots could have limited guns to single shot cap and ball.

I was disappointed to read in the morning paper that my favorite Dem for the governor's race in Maine is running on a BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS. ALL OF THEM. platform.
He'll never get primaried in this state. Too bad we lost him.

Gun bans only work on the law abiding. Somehow the gun grabbers fail to comprehend that simple fact of reality.
Just go buy an illegal "assault weapon" then you wont have to worry about it.
After all, they can only take the ones purchased lawfully :D

I was disappointed to read in the morning paper that my favorite Dem for the governor's race in Maine is running on a BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS. ALL OF THEM. platform.
He'll never get primaried in this state. Too bad we lost him.
thank gawd ;)

Forum List

Back