Igor Girkin Outlines Huge Problem Russian Soldiers Face

The Kremlin's description of its full-scale invasion of Ukraine puts Russian troops at risk of being considered criminals, according to military blogger Igor Girkin.

"From a legal standpoint, it is not known what the so-called Special Military Operation is," said the former commander of Moscow-backed troops in the Donbas region from 2014, using Moscow's official term for the war it started in February 2022.

"It is just unknown. The troops that are fighting now don't have any legal standing," he said in a clip on his Telegram social media channel tweeted by Twitter user Natalka and XSoviet News.

"This is why if this ends in defeat, not a single soldier will be able to say he was just following an order because from the legal standpoint, he didn't have the right to follow it.

"How can a soldier shoot a citizen of a formally sovereign state when no war has been declared? This makes him a criminal." Newsweek has contacted the Russian defense ministry for comment.

Girkin is a former FSB officer who has been a prominent critic of how Vladimir Putin and his generals are conducting the war in Ukraine, giving an unvarnished view on his Telegram channel of what he sees as their military shortcomings.

But Putinheads don't need no stinkin' laws to kill Ukrainians.
Does this apply to American soldiers too?

I quote, from you, yourself. . .

"We didn't need to since we were just coming the aid of our ally, South Vietnam."

iu
Ok, so you don't understand what it means to declare war.

Does this apply to American soldiers too?
First off, Girkin is a super patriotic Russian. I'm just presenting what he said. However, if US soldiers were even involved in such a war of course their actions would also be illegal.

This is what the wiki stub said;
1679792920903.png

Most intelligent, educated folks know, that the wiki is western disinformation outfit, only there, to echo Anglo-American ruling class epistemology. You have got to be one of the dumbest S.O.B.s to exclusively follow that garbage. Gather your narrative from a variety of sources for truth.

This occurred on the 15th of February, five days before the invasion. This was at the request of the Donbases oblasts, NOT of Russia. At first? Putin was reluctant, because, he knew, that it would mean, coming to the aid of those oblasts that Keiv was preparing to invade, as well as Crimea. Unlike here in the US, the Russia people, were the ones that forced the nation to go the military route. So while our propaganda demonizes Putin? It really was the Duma that started all this.

Russian lawmakers gave Putin another way to escalate tensions with Ukraine—just as some of Russia’s troops reportedly pull back from the border​

". . . It’s not clear what Putin will do next, but the Duma was deciding between two options: Ask him directly, as urged by the Communist opposition, or consult with the Foreign Ministry first, as proposed by the majority United Russia party. By 351 votes to 16, it chose the former route which, if the president follows through, would accelerate the abandonment of the Minsk agreements—the never fully implemented deals to stop fighting between Ukrainian and Russian-backed forces in Donbas.

This latest development comes at an extraordinarily tense moment, with Western intelligence agencies talking up the likelihood of a Russian invasion of Ukraine as soon as Wednesday.

Russia is currently sending mixed signals about its intentions. Moscow pleased the markets Tuesday by saying it would start withdrawing some of its troops from the Ukrainian border, but British officials say thousands of fresh troops are heading to the border, potentially taking the total there to more than 150,000.

So Putin’s response to the Duma vote would indicate whether he wants an escalation or de-escalation of the crisis. Ukrainian Finance Minister Serhiy Marchenko on Tuesday told the BBC that Putin’s ratification of the Duma resolution—which is otherwise nonbinding—would effectively end peace talks between the countries.. . . "

Russian Duma asks Putin to recognize Donetsk, Luhansk​

02/15/2022

Last edited:
If you're not ashamed of your posts, why would you call it character defamation? Are you ashamed of being such a staunch Putin supporter?
I am a promoter of peace, I oppose warmongers.

China Cease-Fire Proposal for Ukraine Falls Flat With US, Allies​

I am a promoter of peace, I oppose warmongers.

China Cease-Fire Proposal for Ukraine Falls Flat With US, Allies​

A promoter of peace when it benefits Russia.

Forum List

Back