IG: FBI repeatedly violated FISA rules. Abuse found in EVERY application reviewed.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
Looks like the Obama DOJ is caught in a massive abuse of power.

DOJ's FISA report contradicts claims by Dems, media figures that surveillance rules were strictly observed

New findings by the Justice Department inspector general that the FBI has repeatedly violated surveillance rules stood in stark contrast to the years of assurances from top Democrats and media commentators that bureau scrupulously handled Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants -- and prompted Republican lawmakers to caution that the FBI seemingly believes it has "carte blanche to routinely erode the liberties of Americans without proper justification."
The DOJ watchdog identified critical errors in every FBI wiretap application that it audited as part of the fallout from the bureau's heavily flawed investigation into former Trump advisor Carter Page, who was surveilled in part because of a largely discredited dossier funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC). An FBI lawyer in that case even falsified a CIA email submitted to the FISA court in order to make Page's communications with Russians appear nefarious, the DOJ inspector general found; and the DOJ has concluded that the Page warrant was legally improper.
But, the DOJ's new assessment indicated that FISA problems were systemic at the bureau and extended beyond the Page probe. In four of the 29 cases the DOJ inspector general reviewed, the FBI did not have any so-called "Woods files" at all, referring to documentation demonstrating that it had independently corroborated key facts in its surveillance warrant applications. In three of those applications, the FBI couldn't confirm that Woods documentation ever existed.
The other 25 applications contained an average of 20 assertions not properly supported with Woods materials; one application contained 65 unsupported claims. The review encompassed the work of eight field offices over the past five years in several cases.
“As a result of our audit work to date and as described below, we do not have confidence that the FBI has executed its Woods procedures in compliance with FBI policy,” the DOJ IG wrote in a memo today to FBI Director Christopher Wray.

If you go to the link and read the whole article you will find that Adumb Schifferbrains is up to his bug-eyes in this.

I'm hoping that Barr and Durham will have good news and lots of indictments in May or June.
Seems the IG is handing them all kinds of evidence of Obama era corruption.

Any day now, I expect those federal indictments of all top level Obama officials for breaking of the FBI own rules....

I'm hoping that Barr and Durham will have good news and lots of indictments in May or June.

Any day now, I expect those federal indictments of all top level Obama officials for breaking of the FBI own rules....

Any comment on the IG's findings, troll?

Based on the rule violation(s) discussed in your link I'd say you're going to be waiting on those indictments forever and ever and ever.........

Based on the rule violation(s) discussed in your link I'd say you're going to be waiting on those indictments forever and ever and ever.........

So you are good with multiple acts of fraud upon the court in every FISA application.

Got it.

So you are good with multiple acts of fraud upon the court in every FISA application.

Got it.

"We do not have confidence that the FBI has executed its Woods Procedures in compliance with FBI policy, or that the process is working as it was intended to help achieve the ‘scrupulously accurate’ standard for FISA applications" Is hardly an indictment for fraud.

But keep yer hopes up......

Got it.

"We do not have confidence that the FBI has executed its Woods Procedures in compliance with FBI policy, or that the process is working as it was intended to help achieve the ‘scrupulously accurate’ standard for FISA applications" Is hardly an indictment for fraud.

Keep defending massive Obama era corruption..........

In four of the 29 cases the DOJ inspector general reviewed, the FBI did not have any so-called "Woods files" at all, referring to documentation demonstrating that it had independently corroborated key facts in its surveillance warrant applications. In three of those applications, the FBI couldn't confirm that Woods documentation ever existed.
The other 25 applications contained an average of 20 assertions not properly supported with Woods materials; one application contained 65 unsupported claims. The review encompassed the work of eight field offices over the past five years in several cases.

Got it.

In four of the 29 cases the DOJ inspector general reviewed, the FBI did not have any so-called "Woods files" at all, referring to documentation demonstrating that it had independently corroborated key facts in its surveillance warrant applications. In three of those applications, the FBI couldn't confirm that Woods documentation ever existed.

I don't think they will bring federal charges against any of the folks previously mentioned based on the lackadaisical use of the Woods rule.

Got it.

I don't think they will bring federal charges against any of the folks previously mentioned based on the lackadaisical use of the Woods rule.

Lackadaisical use?

Hehe. That's the best ya got?

Got it.

Dems for the last three years- How dare you question the integrity of an FBI agent! They’re beyond reproach and the utmost professionals!

Dems today- Meh, they’re a bit “lackadaisical” about doing their jobs. No big deal.

Got it.

Dems for the last three years- How dare you question the integrity of an FBI agent! They’re beyond reproach and the utmost professionals!

Dems today- Meh, they’re a bit “lackadaisical” about doing their jobs. No big deal.

Federal charges against the head honchos for what the career agents did is a very large pipe dream. The agents who didn't follow the rules should be subject to disciplinary action of course.

DOJ's FISA report contradicts claims by Dems, media figures that surveillance rules were strictly observed

New findings by the Justice Department inspector general that the FBI has repeatedly violated surveillance rules stood in stark contrast to the years of assurances from top Democrats and media commentators that bureau scrupulously handled Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants -- and prompted Republican lawmakers to caution that the FBI seemingly believes it has "carte blanche to routinely erode the liberties of Americans without proper justification."
The DOJ watchdog identified critical errors in every FBI wiretap application that it audited as part of the fallout from the bureau's heavily flawed investigation into former Trump advisor Carter Page, who was surveilled in part because of a largely discredited dossier funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC). An FBI lawyer in that case even falsified a CIA email submitted to the FISA court in order to make Page's communications with Russians appear nefarious, the DOJ inspector general found; and the DOJ has concluded that the Page warrant was legally improper.
But, the DOJ's new assessment indicated that FISA problems were systemic at the bureau and extended beyond the Page probe. In four of the 29 cases the DOJ inspector general reviewed, the FBI did not have any so-called "Woods files" at all, referring to documentation demonstrating that it had independently corroborated key facts in its surveillance warrant applications. In three of those applications, the FBI couldn't confirm that Woods documentation ever existed.
“As a result of our audit work to date and as described below, we do not have confidence that the FBI has executed its Woods procedures in compliance with FBI policy,” the DOJ IG wrote in a memo today to FBI Director Christopher Wray.
Time to immediately end FISA.

Federal charges against the head honchos for what the career agents did is a very large pipe dream. The agents who didn't follow the rules should be subject to disciplinary action of course.
But the damage has been done and our worst fears about the potential for abuse have been realized. We must end FISA immediately.

Time to immediately end FISA.

Agreed.

We have no direct evidence it has helped top any terrorist attack. We do have direct evidence it is an out of control clusterfuck that violates the rights of Americans.

Get rid of it.

Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz on Thursday issued a report (pdf) on the FBI’s applications to surveil American citizens, finding “widespread” failure that “raises serious questions.”

The inspector general (IG) reviewed about 7,000 applications for Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants—the same used to surveil former Trump campaign aide Carter Page in 2016—and found the agency failed to follow a key rule, the Woods Procedures, in the program. In late 2019, Horowitz discovered 17 significant errors and omissions in the FISA surveillance application targeting Page.

The audit of the agency’s Woods Procedures—rules that the FBI follows to ensure that FISA applications are “scrupulously accurate”—found sweeping “non-compliance” that “raises serious questions about the adequacy and execution of the supervisory review process in place at the time of the applications we reviewed,” Horowitz concluded, saying that the FBI’s quality-control officials apparently missed these problems.

His office also identified 183 FISA applications that had a missing or incomplete Woods File, which is a document meant to ensure the accuracy of statements made to the secretive FISA court. The report also found hundreds of other cases where there were instances of noncompliance with the agency’s Woods procedures.

“A failure to adhere to the Woods Procedures … could easily lead to errors that do impact probable cause—and therefore potentially call into question the legal basis for the government’s use of highly intrusive FISA warrants,” Horowitz also wrote.

Federal Marshalls should just storm the FBI HQ and arrest all of the leadership starting with Wray.
Raid Mueller & Comey's homes - perp-walk them, indict them, charge them, then sed them to jail - with Wray.
Every FBI Agent whose name is on one of these Fraudulent FISA Applications should be arrested.
The FBI needs to be immediately dissolved.

Fucking Durham is taking his good old Sunday afternoon time...we could die of old age before he gets to the top of the food chain in the FBI.

Forum List

Back