If you're unhappy in this country it's not the country's fault. It's you.

The only time I’ve been unhappy with this country is back in the late ‘60s when I was facing the draft.
The 60s weren't as good as the 50s. Once liberals were able to pass anti-American legislation in the 60s and 70s, America started going downhill.

What are the things I express my hatred about?

Seriously? Are you going to be obtuse as if you're not clearly one of the most hate-fueled posters on this forum?

By design, I express my extreme hatred for wetbacks...that’s my thing. Where I come from I was taught to HATE criminals, those who break in, make demands, steal my shit, rape, murder and pillage my fellow countrymen.
Where were you taught to pretend these kinds of things are okay and just part of the deal?

You're just a negative and miserable person if you don't love that you've been blessed with the chance to thrive in a country with so much opportunity. This country is amazing. Stop blaming it for your anger and ineptness. You need to sort that shit out in therapy.
Who exactly are you addressing here? Perhaps the Iowa farmers who are going bankrupt because they can no longer sell their soy beans to China? Is it the millions of people who don't have access to health care? Is it the survivors of mass shootings with weapons of war that were obtained legally? Please tell us how all of that is their fault.
As the forum's leading virtue beacon chimes in right on cue...:auiqs.jpg:

virtue-signal-300x212.png

Happiness has to start from the inside. If outside forces are required to measure ones joy, the issue goes beyond the current state of the country.

You're just a negative and miserable person if you don't love that you've been blessed with the chance to thrive in a country with so much opportunity. This country is amazing. Stop blaming it for your anger and ineptness. You need to sort that shit out in therapy.
Who exactly are you addressing here? Perhaps the Iowa farmers who are going bankrupt because they can no longer sell their soy beans to China? Is it the millions of people who don't have access to health care? Is it the survivors of mass shootings with weapons of war that were obtained legally? Please tell us how all of that is their fault.

Do you pay attention to the news?......even a little bit?
Ahead of trade talks, China makes biggest US soybean purchases since June, traders say

The last time I was unhappy with the country was in 2003 with GW Bush's decision for regime change in Iraq. Proponents made it seem unpatriotic not to support the president. French jokes had me wondering were these folks in their right minds figuring Iraq would be nearly as grateful as the French over the years? The Christian population there went from 1.5 million to near extinction.

Which brings up the question, where was our gratitude to the French for helping us defeat England during the revolution, when Franklin went to France with his hat in his hand begging for money, and Washington had to ride to New York to ask Rochambeau for his help to defeat the British army, because he couldn’t do it?

Cornwallis surrendered that sword to Rochambeau at Yorktown, not Washington. Rochambeau made him give it to Georgey boy.

Without the French, there is no America. Think about that the next time somebody dumps a bottle of wine in protest of their own ignorance.

What the hell are lying for?

Exclusive: Ahead of trade talks, China makes biggest U.S. soybean purchases since June - traders - Reuters
That just happened after T-Rump had a rare moment of clarity and realized that his stupid trade war was about to cost him votes. YOU would be lying if you are going to claim that the farmers were not hurting and probobly will a long time to recover. There have indeed been bankruptcies which don't just go away.

Do you pay attention to the news?......even a little bit?
Ahead of trade talks, China makes biggest US soybean purchases since June, traders say
See post 31

What the hell are lying for?

Exclusive: Ahead of trade talks, China makes biggest U.S. soybean purchases since June - traders - Reuters
That just happened after T-Rump had a rare moment of clarity and realized that his stupid trade war was about to cost him votes. YOU would be lying if you are going to claim that the farmers were not hurting and probobly will a long time to recover. There have indeed been bankruptcies which don't just go away.

Actually it was the Chinese who made the concessions by backing down on tariffs against our pork and soybeans. Trump gave them nothing. This year's soybean crop hasn't even been harvested yet, so it should be a good year for those farmers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...442dc8-d61b-11e9-8924-1db7dac797fb_story.html

The seduction of the fiat currency did much of it. We are all addicted to it now. You want to know what Jesus really was about? To help others while we live in peace and responsibly. We get up in the morning to work and return at dusk. We build foundation. Jesus had anger towards sinners who did not stop. He had anger towards the pharisees who change in every generation and we see on TV every day now promoting prog agendas. He told you about the money changers and usury and yet...let the eat cake! The worst part is we have binded people from being the best through quotas and the evil pushing of diversity instead of people being united. /we were an A plus nation with flaws at one time. No we are a B plus nation that has attacked its flaws and somehow made more of them and is on course to lose our dominance on this planet. Jesus would say at this point today we need a massive economic downturn to test our resolve and our beliefs. Most neighborhoods do not have central cores anymore that were taken care of cheaply without government help.

I am saying people that come to these forums to bitch and complain about how our country isn't good enough (people like you) have no idea how good they have it.
Well, you might want to sit down for this.

I think this is the best country on earth. I also think there is a lot we can improve. And I will say so.

I hope that's okay with you.

It isn't just this country. Steven Pinker has talked and written about this extensively. Life has never been objectively better globally yet people act as if civilization is going to hell in a handbasket.
It's preciselt because people are doing well that they bitch and moan so much.

Anyone who is working his ass off just to survive doesn't have time to whine about things like the smoke from his neighbor's BBQ

See post 31
See the sign that says "Welcome to Canada." Move there if you don't like it here.
Actually I would like it just fine there except it's too damned cold and this is my home. And I intend to make my home the best place that it can be for all people , despite you reactionary conservatives .If you want an authoritarian oligarchy move you fat ass to China - or Russia. Otherwise shut the fuck up

Forum List

Back