Democrats Working Hard to Get Trump Elected

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Beto let the cat out of the bag and no Democrat has attacked him for saying it.

He almost certainly doesn’t realize it, but Beto O’Rourke is likely to be the worst thing to happen to the gun-control movement in decades — and, if he continues in this mode, he may turn out to be the worst thing to happen to the Democratic party in a long time, too. In Houston last night, O’Rourke abandoned his cloying euphemisms (“mandatory buybacks”) and delivered a deliberate, carefully scripted endorsement of gun confiscation, which, within minutes, his campaign began to sell on t-shirts. “Hell yes,” Beto said, “we’re going to take your AR-15.”

Thus, upon the instant, did two decades’ worth of Democratic rhetoric go up in a puff of smoke.

’That clip will be played for years at Second Amendment rallies,’ said Dem Sen. Chris Coons to CNN this morning of O’Rourke’s vow to confiscate assault weapons.”

Beto O’Rourke Is a Disaster for the Gun-Control Movement | National Review

RUSH: ".....These people have scared a big portion of the population. They’re scared to death. The Democrat agenda is to scare everybody. The picture of America they painted last night, there’s nobody I know who is sane that wants to believe that’s America, that does believe it’s America, but the Democrats have created a constituency and a base who believe all of that and more. All of that pessimism, all of that apocalyptic stuff, the doom and gloom......."

My Analysis of the Democrat Debate: Dumb and Dumber

So what has changed? Gun nuts have been claiming someone was going to come for their guns for years. I guess that after so long, you finally convinced us to do it. If you are going to be blamed for it anyway, might as well go for it.

He almost certainly doesn’t realize it, but Beto O’Rourke is likely to be the worst thing to happen to the gun-control movement in decades — and, if he continues in this mode, he may turn out to be the worst thing to happen to the Democratic party in a long time, too. In Houston last night, O’Rourke abandoned his cloying euphemisms (“mandatory buybacks”) and delivered a deliberate, carefully scripted endorsement of gun confiscation, which, within minutes, his campaign began to sell on t-shirts. “Hell yes,” Beto said, “we’re going to take your AR-15.”

70% of Americans support an Assault Weapons Ban... O'Rourke isn't that far off base.

Thus, upon the instant, did two decades’ worth of Democratic rhetoric go up in a puff of smoke.

’That clip will be played for years at Second Amendment rallies,’ said Dem Sen. Chris Coons to CNN this morning of O’Rourke’s vow to confiscate assault weapons.”

Yes - agreed - Dumbo O'Rourke screwed the pooch on that one.

He should have said something like...

"Something has to be done about battlefield-caliber assault weapons like AR-15s and AK-47s and the like.

I don't know whether that would include much stricter licensing and controls over such weapons, or ammunition rationing for those, or a ban, or whatever.

But I think we need to have a serious conversation, nationwide, and to ask the American People themselves, and to see what comes of that.

If I am elected, I promise you that I will facilitate such a nationwide conversation, and to ask the American People, and to act as they may direct me to act.

If I am elected, I promise to be a President for all the People, and I promise you that I will listen to all sides, and to protect the rights of all, as best I can."

Turns out ... honesty ain't the best policy after all.

giphy.gif

"Something has to be done about battlefield-caliber assault weapons like AR-15s and AK-47s and the like.

I don't know whether that would include much stricter licensing and controls over such weapons, or ammunition rationing for those, or a ban, or whatever.

But I think we need to have a serious conversation, nationwide, and to ask the American People themselves, and to see what comes of that.

If I am elected, I promise you that I will facilitate such a nationwide conversation, and to ask the American People, and to act as they may direct me to act.

If I am elected, I promise to be a President for all the People, and I promise you that I will listen to all sides, and to protect the rights of all, as best I can."

Why bother with that? Gun nuts have been making that accusation for years anyway. Might as well go for it.

They could be outlawed today and ten years from now ten million will be on the streets.

The solution is why people are shooting up others.

70% of Americans support an Assault Weapons Ban... O'Rourke isn't that far off base.
Run on it.
Please.

Just to be clear ... The President of the US isn't the ultimate arbiter of US gun control, neither is Congress.

Any executive decision or legislation created that is deemed by the SCOTUS to be un-Constitutional is null and void.

So, they can say anything they want. Ultimately, the courts will decide.

Beto has made sure he will not hold any elected office for many years to come.
The Dems have been slowly inching the agenda forward for many years.
I have no doubt that there are a few that are very upset that he spoke about it so plainly.

100% of the US Constitution forbids it. So, point is moot.

Just to be clear ... The President of the US isn't the ultimate arbiter of US gun control, neither is Congress.

Any executive decision or legislation created that is deemed by the SCOTUS to be un-Constitutional is null and void.

There are 3 gun control bills on Turtle Boy's desk right now, but he refuses to address them. He claims he won't touch them unless Trump first says he will sign them

...100% of the US Constitution forbids it. So, point is moot.
Options:

a. then it's time to obtain a Democratic majority of both House and Senate, and enough State legislatures, to amend the Constitution

b. then it's time to lean on the same statutes that allow the Feds to regulate other types of weapons, as a defense against SCOTUS intervention

...100% of the US Constitution forbids it. So, point is moot.
Options:

a. then it's time to obtain a Democratic majority of both House and Senate, and enough State legislatures, to amend the Constitution

b. then it's time to lean on the same statutes that allow the Feds to regulate other types of weapons, as a defense against SCOTUS intervention

Good-Luck-WIth-That.jpg

Beto has made sure he will not hold any elected office for many years to come.
The Dems have been slowly inching the agenda forward for many years.
I have no doubt that there are a few that are very upset that he spoke about it so plainly.

Gun nuts have accused Democrats of wanting to take guns for lots of years. If you are already getting the blame, you might as well do it. What more can gun nuts claim now

There are 3 gun control bills on Turtle Boy's desk right now, but he refuses to address them. He claims he won't touch them unless Trump first says he will sign them

It actually make sense because passing a bill in the Senate that can not get the votes for a override is pointless, but the left will complain anyway...

Mitch McConnell is pulling a Harry Reid, so I do not know why the left is upset now?

Also Harris and Beto should listen to Biden because they seem to think they ( Beto and Harris ) can use their pen and phone and bypass Congress and sooner or later the USSC will slap these idiots down with the overreach that the House allows with these executive orders...

It actually make sense because passing a bill in the Senate that can not get the votes for a override is pointless, but the left will complain anyway...

Mitch McConnell is pulling a Harry Reid, so I do not know why the left is upset now?

Also Harris and Beto should listen to Biden because they seem to think they ( Beto and Harris ) can use their pen and phone and bypass Congress and sooner or later the USSC will slap these idiots down with the overreach that the House allows with these executive orders...

Bringing a bill up for a vote is not bypassing congress.

Forum List

Back