CDZ If you want to show Russia (and the rest of the world) we're serious...restart the draft.

Hell, you have a generation coming of draft age that were not allowed outside after dark. I suspect it would be a piss poor draft quality-wise, I'd not want to try to get them trained-up. No safe spaces in boot camp. I really can't see them being "born again hard".

I was reading an article in a military magazine recently and it was about how before World War Two ramped up there were almost the same misgivings about young people in the U.S. back then as well.

1) Personalizing an argument is the clear sign that you are intellectually bankrupt.
2) I'm 54 years old with major medical problems that preclude me from joining the military even if I begged them.
3) Why does it make a difference anyway? Everyone supports governmental policies at some point that they won't be subjected to.
so in other words you will be holding the coats of the poor slobs who get drafted....got ya....

so in other words you will be holding the coats of the poor slobs who get drafted....got ya....

You do know that most Americans have never and will never serve in the military in any capacity.

Most Americans will never serve as police officers or firefighters yet I doubt you have any doubts about expecting police officers and firefighters to do their jobs?

Great idea! Start drafting feminazis, gays, beta cuck soy face where is my avacado toast.

Forget sanctions, forget stationing more U.S. forces overseas, forget putting U.S. nuclear weapons on alert, a step that would really put the Russians and the rest of the world on notice (including both our enemies and our friends) would be restarting conscription in the United States.

Such a move would be extremely serious, expensive, and controversial but not immediately provocative to the Russians or China. If the Biden Admin. proposed it and pushed to get it through Congress despite the mammoth opposition it would announce more than anything else that the U.S. is serious about resisting Russian (and Chinese) foreign adventurism. Not to mention in one fell swoop it would show Americans just how serious the global situation is now. And perhaps get Americans to stop whining about gasoline prices and other economic troubles
The draft is a lousy idea.

You have google. You look it up.
I think you are confusing registering for the draft vs. being drafted.

Forty years ago, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of requiring men – and only men – to register for the draft through the Selective Service System because, the justices reasoned at the time, the purpose of a draft is to build a pool of combat troops.

Back then, that meant men. Not any longer.
Supreme Court declines to hear case questioning whether women must also register for the draft

You do know that most Americans have never and will never serve in the military in any capacity.

Most Americans will never serve as police officers or firefighters yet I doubt you have any doubts about expecting police officers and firefighters to do their jobs?
what the hell does that have to with anything?.....you are advocating starting up the draft knowing you would never be called.....how nice of you....

Forget sanctions, forget stationing more U.S. forces overseas, forget putting U.S. nuclear weapons on alert, a step that would really put the Russians and the rest of the world on notice (including both our enemies and our friends) would be restarting conscription in the United States.

Such a move would be extremely serious, expensive, and controversial but not immediately provocative to the Russians or China. If the Biden Admin. proposed it and pushed to get it through Congress despite the mammoth opposition it would announce more than anything else that the U.S. is serious about resisting Russian (and Chinese) foreign adventurism. Not to mention in one fell swoop it would show Americans just how serious the global situation is now. And perhaps get Americans to stop whining about gasoline prices and other economic troubles
I dont think you’ll get much support for that idea

Nope.

people on discussion boards sure have an aversion to forcing people to do what they don't want to do.

And aversion I've never shared.
Sounds like you're a wannabe bully. Willingness to force others to bend to your will isn't something to be proud of. It's what thugs do when they can't get their way.

I was reading an article in a military magazine recently and it was about how before World War Two ramped up there were almost the same misgivings about young people in the U.S. back then as well.
About the only misgiving back then centered around the health of draftees, bad teeth, malnutrition/underweight, and even worms were a concern.

College Is for Teenagers Who Are Afraid to Grow Up

The self-obsessed sissyboy Rightists will approve having a draft if those who go to college are exempted from ever having to go into the Army.

Forum List

Back