CDZ If you want to show Russia (and the rest of the world) we're serious...restart the draft.

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
Forget sanctions, forget stationing more U.S. forces overseas, forget putting U.S. nuclear weapons on alert, a step that would really put the Russians and the rest of the world on notice (including both our enemies and our friends) would be restarting conscription in the United States.

Such a move would be extremely serious, expensive, and controversial but not immediately provocative to the Russians or China. If the Biden Admin. proposed it and pushed to get it through Congress despite the mammoth opposition it would announce more than anything else that the U.S. is serious about resisting Russian (and Chinese) foreign adventurism. Not to mention in one fell swoop it would show Americans just how serious the global situation is now. And perhaps get Americans to stop whining about gasoline prices and other economic troubles

Forcing people to fight. How noble of you.

Was it wrong to draft people to fight in the American Civil War? World War One? World War Two?

Besides, who says it would ever come to actually fighting in the current situation?

Forget sanctions, forget stationing more U.S. forces overseas, forget putting U.S. nuclear weapons on alert, a step that would really put the Russians and the rest of the world on notice (including both our enemies and our friends) would be restarting conscription in the United States.

Such a move would be extremely serious, expensive, and controversial but not immediately provocative to the Russians or China. If the Biden Admin. proposed it and pushed to get it through Congress despite the mammoth opposition it would announce more than anything else that the U.S. is serious about resisting Russian (and Chinese) foreign adventurism. Not to mention in one fell swoop it would show Americans just how serious the global situation is now. And perhaps get Americans to stop whining about gasoline prices and other economic troubles
There's no need for a draft when America already has more military boots than will ever be needed to fight any 21st. century war.

The only way to show Russia that America is serious is to nuke them!

And then that leaves only one other question: Use the whole 2000 nukes to make a lasting impression the commies won't forget, or use a couple to get the message across?

Military conscription is a particularly abhorrent form of slavery.

Amendment XIII​

Section 1.​

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

will you be the first in line?....

1) Personalizing an argument is the clear sign that you are intellectually bankrupt.
2) I'm 54 years old with major medical problems that preclude me from joining the military even if I begged them.
3) Why does it make a difference anyway? Everyone supports governmental policies at some point that they won't be subjected to.

Military conscription is a particularly abhorrent form of slavery.

Amendment XIII​

Section 1.​

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
The Supreme Court has long since ruled that conscription IS CONSTITUTIONAL.

1) Personalizing an argument is the clear sign that you are intellectually bankrupt.
2) I'm 54 years old with major medical problems that preclude me from joining the military even if I begged them.
3) Why does it make a difference anyway? Everyone supports governmental policies at some point that they won't be subjected to.
No Dog in the Fight

We have not had a Draft for 50 years and have a stronger military

Why restart something we don’t need?
It's only about some emotions getting to the boiling point and then 'overkill' becomes the talking point.

like for instance, lock Putin in a 10x10 padded cell, along with a 50 megaton nuke!

As Ukraine is in support of the much greater 'Operation Globo Homo'.

I say we draft all diversity first.

We can call them 'Diversity Force'.

Their patch could be a unicorn with'

Diversitas Super Veritatem

Emblazoned across the bottom.

Traditional military customs and courtesies would be done away.

To be replaced with "Y'aw be coo!" and "Nawm mean?"
"That triggers me", "I don't feel safe", and "Quiero volver a mi país por favor."

Seems to be a common thing for those who don't have any stake in the issue........

1647279988895.png

Forum List

Back