If you require providers to accept pre-existing conditions, it's not insurance any more

Imagine if we had the same rules for auto insurance, another insurance the the government requires.
If you don't have insurance and get into a collision, you can go out and immediately buy it.
Now the insurance company is required to fix your car's damage because of the pre-existing collision clause.
It would be great for the car owner but not for anyone else. Same holds true for health insurance.

That precondition bullshit is nothing more than a form a welfare.

If you haven't been paying into an insurance pool then you shouldn't be able to get money out of it. The filthy ass government should never have the authority to make some somebody else pay your bills.
That is why the republicans lost the health care debate in 2009, their message was that if you could not afford to get medical care then tough shit, die loser. Normally this worked when it was mostly the poor being fucked over but costs were finally getting too much for the middle class.

If you haven't been paying into an insurance pool then you shouldn't be able to get money out of it. The filthy ass government should never have the authority to make some somebody else pay your bills.
That is why the republicans lost the health care debate in 2009, their message was that if you could not afford to get medical care then tough shit, die loser. Normally this worked when it was mostly the poor being fucked over but costs were finally getting too much for the middle class.

I am sorry but it is not my responsibility to pay your bills. That is your responsibility.

Why should the filthy ass government force my premiums be higher to pay your medical bills when you never even paid into the pool?

That is just nothing more than another stupid welfare scheme.

Last edited:
Imagine if we had the same rules for auto insurance, another insurance the the government requires.
If you don't have insurance and get into a collision, you can go out and immediately buy it.
Now the insurance company is required to fix your car's damage because of the pre-existing collision clause.
It would be great for the car owner but not for anyone else. Same holds true for health insurance.
Cars are not people. In America there is no reason at all people should suffer chronic treatable conditions simply because they cannot afford it.

I am sorry but it is not my responsibility to pay your bills. That is your responsibility.

Why should the filthy ass government force my premiums be higher to pay your medical bills when you never even into the pool?

In other words, let them die.

Cars are not people. In America there is no reason at all people should suffer chronic treatable conditions simply because they cannot afford it.
Let the government start a catastrophic health care fund, the money would be diverted from all foreign aid programs. It is more important to put Americans First than
give our money away to foreign countries which do not do us any good anyway.

true, 40 years ago "medical insurance" was only to cover major health events-----hospital stays, accidents, major illnesses, etc. Not every day routine doctor visits or a Rx for an infection. You paid your own routine Doc visits and prescriptions.

The idea that insurance should pay ALL of your medical expenses is what caused this mess.
The mess was caused when big corporations got into the health care business and decided profits are more important than patient outcomes.
Yes and no. We allowed it. We accepted it. We are part of the problem too.
Speak for yourself, a whole lot of people saw this coming a very long time ago. Now we are trying to fix health care and also protect the profits of people who have nothing to do with actually treating patients. We cannot have both.
Really? What exactly did you do about it?
Why you let drug prices get so high? Ridiculous question. The feelings and opinions of regular everyday people never entered health care policy until Obama attempted to reform the mess, even then nothing could happen until insurance industry profits were protected.
You never answered the question. You claimed that you did something about it. What did you do about it? Name one thing you did. Because as near as I can tell, what you supported was to continue using health insurance for things it was never intended to cover. You are part of the problem.

Let the government start a catastrophic health care fund, the money would be diverted from all foreign aid programs. It is more important to put Americans First than
All the money we give for foreign aid would not even begin to cover health care for the uninsured. How much do you think we give in foreign aid?

Insurance companies should never have to accept preexisting conditions that were not previously covered by another policy. Instead, a separate fund should be set up just for those considered uninsurable.

All the money we give for foreign aid would not even begin to cover health care for the uninsured. How much do you think we give in foreign aid?
Then we need to find a way to contain costs in healthcare. Something Obamacare was supposed to do but never even tried to do..... Remember it was even called the Affordable Health Care Act? We also have weed out the many Hypochondriacs in this country that feel they always need meds.

Why should the filthy ass government force my premiums be higher to pay your medical bills when you never even into the pool?

No. You are the one who wants everyone to pay for health insurance so that you don't have to pay for them. So, please don't pretend that you have some moral high ground because you care about people.

My position is we should stop misuing insurance to cover everything because in effect we are pre-paying for healthcare using a middleman which is stupid. My position is that we should have the choice how we pay for our healthcare. Those that can afford to pay as they go can. Those that can't can use Medicaid, which has a recovery feature in it to recoup those costs when and if the recipient ever gets any money. My position is that co-ops are much better way to go than insurance companies. The sooner we get those needless middlemen - who add zero value to health care - out of the way, the sooner we can bring down costs by working directly with the health care providers. So, if you want to pre-pay, the co-op is the way to go.

The mess was caused when big corporations got into the health care business and decided profits are more important than patient outcomes.
Speak for yourself, a whole lot of people saw this coming a very long time ago. Now we are trying to fix health care and also protect the profits of people who have nothing to do with actually treating patients. We cannot have both.
Why you let drug prices get so high? Ridiculous question. The feelings and opinions of regular everyday people never entered health care policy until Obama attempted to reform the mess, even then nothing could happen until insurance industry profits were protected.
You never answered the question. You claimed that you did something about it. What did you do about it? Name one thing you did. Because as near as I can tell, what you supported was to continue using health insurance for things it was never intended to cover. You are part of the problem.
I said a whole lot of people saw this coming, how does that translate into whatever it is you think I said? By the time we actually got the government to address the health care crisis the problem was too big to solve without doing some things a whole lot more drastic than the half-assed insurance company giveaway of Obamacare.

I said a whole lot of people saw this coming, how does that translate into whatever it is you think I said? By the time we actually got the government to address the health care crisis the problem was too big to solve without doing some things a whole lot more drastic than the half-assed insurance company giveaway of Obamacare.
Because you said speak for yourself when I said we were part of the problem. Just because you claim you saw it coming does not mean diddly squat. If you did nothing about it, you are still part of the problem. Now do you understand?

It's more like a plain health care payment co-op or commune, where all money is put into a pool and doled out as needed.

Nothing wrong with that (well, see below), but you should call it what it is rather than pretend it's "insurance".

Insurance is something that protects against huge losses by, when a person incurs a huge loss, pays for it out of a pool of money all its customers have paid in. It signs in clients based on the idea that none of them have huge problems at present, but a few might incur them later. If they can restrict their new clientele to just people who presently have nothing wrong with them, their costs will be lower. And they can compete successfully for customers.

If, however, they are required to take in people who have a pre-existing condition, they must (a) charge the people with pre-existing conditions a much higher premium since they are guaranteed to need much higher payouts up front; or (b) charge EVERYONE higher premiums to cover the pre-existing conditions, leaving most of them wondering why their premiums went up so much when they didn't get any sicker. (Sound familiar, Obamacare subjects?). And in a competitive world, most people will opt for the companies with lower premiums: Those that don't accept people with pre-existing conditions.

Companies that don't accept people with pre-existing conditions, are the only ones that can compete or even survive in a normal world of sovereign citizens. Healthy people (that's most of them) will leave the companies that accept the pre-existing conditions, and go instead to those who don't, because they get the same service for less paid in premiums. That leaves the companies that accept pre-existing conditions, with ONLY the people who already have expensive maladies or injuries, and their costs will soar as they pay for high-priced care for ALL their remaining customers.

If a company accepts pre-existing conditions, it's not "insurance". It's simply a co-op for people with problems. No one else will want to be a part of it, and the companies know they CANNOT survive without those usually-healthy people.

If you want to set up a company that accepts pre-existing, fine, go ahead. But don't pretend it's "insurance". Nothing could be further from the truth.
I got it. Let them die, right. That was the Republicans original Health Care Plan. Seems they are bringing it back.

[

I'll be responsible for my health care bills and you be responsible for yours, OK? That is fair, isn't it?

I may, because I am a generous person, help you out if you need it and I think you are deserving but the last thing I need is the filthy ass government stealing my money and giving it to you.

You Moon Bats always have a difficult time understanding the concept of personal responsibility, don't you? You want the government to force other people to pay your bills, don't you?

It's more like a plain health care payment co-op or commune, where all money is put into a pool and doled out as needed.

Nothing wrong with that (well, see below), but you should call it what it is rather than pretend it's "insurance".

Insurance is something that protects against huge losses by, when a person incurs a huge loss, pays for it out of a pool of money all its customers have paid in. It signs in clients based on the idea that none of them have huge problems at present, but a few might incur them later. If they can restrict their new clientele to just people who presently have nothing wrong with them, their costs will be lower. And they can compete successfully for customers.

If, however, they are required to take in people who have a pre-existing condition, they must (a) charge the people with pre-existing conditions a much higher premium since they are guaranteed to need much higher payouts up front; or (b) charge EVERYONE higher premiums to cover the pre-existing conditions, leaving most of them wondering why their premiums went up so much when they didn't get any sicker. (Sound familiar, Obamacare subjects?). And in a competitive world, most people will opt for the companies with lower premiums: Those that don't accept people with pre-existing conditions.

Companies that don't accept people with pre-existing conditions, are the only ones that can compete or even survive in a normal world of sovereign citizens. Healthy people (that's most of them) will leave the companies that accept the pre-existing conditions, and go instead to those who don't, because they get the same service for less paid in premiums. That leaves the companies that accept pre-existing conditions, with ONLY the people who already have expensive maladies or injuries, and their costs will soar as they pay for high-priced care for ALL their remaining customers.

If a company accepts pre-existing conditions, it's not "insurance". It's simply a co-op for people with problems. No one else will want to be a part of it, and the companies know they CANNOT survive without those usually-healthy people.

If you want to set up a company that accepts pre-existing, fine, go ahead. But don't pretend it's "insurance". Nothing could be further from the truth.
I got it. Let them die, right. That was the Republicans original Health Care Plan. Seems they are bringing it back.
You are the one who wants everyone to pay for health insurance so that you don't have to pay for them. So, please don't pretend that you have some moral high ground because you care about people.

No. You are the one who wants everyone to pay for health insurance so that you don't have to pay for them. So, please don't pretend that you have some moral high ground because you care about people.

My position is we should stop misuing insurance to cover everything because in effect we are pre-paying for healthcare using a middleman which is stupid. My position is that we should have the choice how we pay for our healthcare. Those that can afford to pay as they go can. Those that can't can use Medicaid, which has a recovery feature in it to recoup those costs when and if the recipient ever gets any money. My position is that co-ops are much better way to go than insurance companies. The sooner we get those needless middlemen - who add zero value to health care - out of the way, the sooner we can bring down costs by working directly with the health care providers. So, if you want to pre-pay, the co-op is the way to go.
Do you know about this thing called a "co-pay" it already has the affect of making people cover their minor expenses, thing is, drug prices have went up 4 times faster than inflation and the government continually bars itself from negotiating the price they will pay for these drugs. This is not just new drugs but generics as well. If we really wanted to get a handle on costs that would be a damned good place to start.

[

These Libtard Moon Bats are the greediest assholes in the country wanting somebody else to pay their bills.

They think they are entitled to other people money simply because they are alive. Despicable, isn't it?

[

I'll be responsible for my health care bills and you be responsible for yours, OK? That is fair, isn't it?

I may, because I am a generous person, help you out if you need it and I think you are deserving but the last thing I need is the filthy ass government stealing my money and giving it to you.

You Moon Bats always have a difficult time understanding the concept of personal responsibility, don't you? You want the government to force other people to pay your bills, don't you?
If healthcare was affordable in any way your callous argument might have merit.

[

These Libtard Moon Bats are the greediest assholes in the country wanting somebody else to pay their bills.

They think they are entitled to other people money simply because they are alive. Despicable, isn't it?
Despicable is thinking "let them die" is a valid argument.

Forum List

Back