If You Like Your School Lunch, You Can Keep It

Not to mention, I bet that story is false.

Here's next weeks menu and it isn't as skimpy as your article is pretending.

Chickasha Public Schools - Menu Lunch

There is an actual photo of the food in the article.

Think it was photoshopped?
yes, there's a photo of the food.

of course, we don't know what might have been added. we don't know how that lunch room operates.
we do know this from the article
“It’s the student’s choice of what they want to take.”
if that's the lunch she chose, she has no sympathy from me.

of course, we don't know what might have been added. we don't know how that lunch room operates.

I love it when I force you to lie to defend Leftism.

The sentence you quote is unrelated to the lunch provided.

Both the student and mother were complaining about what was offered.

Actually, schools should hire teams of nutritionists to make sure everyone's dietary needs are met.

What????

Are you disagreeing with the Liberal/Progressive 'one size fits all' philosophy????

Didn't think ya' had in ya.'

no, it's not.
and they can both complain, that's fine.
if she picked it though, picked it from more robust alternatives, that's her own damn fault. the fact is we don't know if she did or not. i'm guessing she did, or else she wouldn't be the only one complaining.

Actually, schools should hire teams of nutritionists to make sure everyone's dietary needs are met.

What????

Are you disagreeing with the Liberal/Progressive 'one size fits all' philosophy????

no, it's not.
if she picked it though, picked it from more robust alternatives, that's her own damn fault. the fact is we don't know if she did or not. i'm guessing she did, or else she wouldn't be the only one complaining.

"the fact is we don't know if she did or not."

Yeah, we know.

And we know you're a lying moron.

What????

no, it's not.

Yeah, we know.

how? how do you know that she didn't remove something from that meal? how do we know that she didn't choose that meal? we don't.
do you believe that everyone in the school was served that same meal, but she is the only one complaining?

What????

no, it's not.

Yeah, we know.

how? how do you know that she didn't remove something from that meal? how do we know that she didn't choose that meal? we don't.
do you believe that everyone in the school was served that same meal, but she is the only one complaining?
you know what? it doesn't matter if she chose the meal or not. basically, there are two possibilities:
1) she chose the meal from more robust options
2) she did not choose the meal, and that is all the school was serving.

if it's case 1, that's her fault. if it's case 2, it's the school's bad decision for presenting a meal that fit the guidelines but not the intent. clearly there are better options for meals that fit the guidelines than what is presented.

so you can pretend that it's michelle obama's fault all you want, but in this case the failure lies at the local level - either with the student or the school.

What????

no, it's not.

Yeah, we know.

Lucky you, you’d survive a zombie apocalypse: no brains.

What????

no, it's not.

Yeah, we know.

nice retort that dodges the questions.

how do you know that she did not choose that meal, and how do you know that she did not remove items from it?

What????

no, it's not.

Yeah, we know.

how do you know that she did not choose that meal, and how do you know that she did not remove items from it?

If you were any more full of it you’d be infracting the national foie gras restrictions.

no, it's not.

Yeah, we know.

If you were any more full of it you’d be infracting the national foie gras restrictions.
again, how do you know that she did not choose the meal, or that she did not remove items from it?

Yeah, we know.

again, how do you know that she did not choose the meal, or that she did not remove items from it?

When I read your posts, I have a glimpse of what Kafka was getting at when he wrote 'Metamorphosis'

When I read your posts, I have a glimpse of what Kafka was getting at when he wrote 'Metamorphosis'
no, you don't.
so how do you know that she did not choose her meal, or that she did not remove items from it prior to taking the picture?

no, you don't.
so how do you know that she did not choose her meal, or that she did not remove items from it prior to taking the picture?

I checked with Hillary, and she's not listed as part of the vast rightwing conspiracy.

Get it, dope?

no, you don't.

I checked with Hillary, and she's not listed as part of the vast rightwing conspiracy.

Get it, dope?
So you have nothing. That's fine.

Oddly? The people that wrote it clearly set the bronze bar with the intent of excluding HSAs. They stated such many times. The fact that HSAs "barely" made the cut at the moment for bronze has nothing to do with the democrats favoring HSAs.

Barely made the cut? From the HSA fanatics: over at the the HSA Coalition:

HSA plans and tax advantaged accounts have grown rapidly in their first ten years of existence and now cover more than fifteen million Americans. Many people feared that the Affordable Care Act (ACA)would dampen HSA growth or even eliminate HSA options, especially in light of the Massachusetts experience, where HSAs have not been as popular. Our research shows that HSAs play a prominent role in the ACA exchanges, accounting for nearly 20% of total offerings. This is about three times the current 7% HSA market share of commercial insurance, according to the 2013 AHIP HSA Census. If the exchanges survive their slow start [spoiler alert: they did - GB] and grow as expected, HSAs will likely grow rapidly and be among the most affordable options in the Affordable Care Act exchanges.
In the 36 ACA exchanges run by the Federal government, HSA Plans make up 19% of all offerings and are about 11% less expensive than Non-HSA offerings on average. HSAs are less expensive for 27-year-old individuals by $26 per month,for 50-year-old individuals by $44 per month, and for the average family by $88 per month.

RKMBrown said:
Employers were heading to HSAs before ACA. HSAs were the effing answer before ACA.

And the ACA is likely accelerating that trend, due to the premium affordability requirements that are coming down the pike for employer-based plans (and, to some extend, the looming excise tax on high cost plans). I pointed this out back in 2011 in Top 5 Things Conservatives Got in Health Reform: the exchanges were going to be chock-full of high deductible plans that could be paired with HSAs and the movement toward HSAs in employer-sponsored coverage was likely to accelerate given the employer requirements in the law. Lo and behold, three years later both have turned out to be the case.

The ACA is the best friend HSAs ever had.

RKMBrown said:
However that can't be done when the bronze limit forces the HSAs to have ever smaller deductibles... and you know it.

Bronze plans can have higher deductibles (starting next year) than HSA-compatible HDHPs. The limiting factor at this point isn't the ACA, it's the MMA of 2003 that created HSAs. Even so, as we're seeing, lots of exchange plans can be paired with HSAs and will continue to be.

Oddly? The people that wrote it clearly set the bronze bar with the intent of excluding HSAs. They stated such many times. The fact that HSAs "barely" made the cut at the moment for bronze has nothing to do with the democrats favoring HSAs.

Barely made the cut? From the HSA fanatics: over at the the HSA Coalition:

HSA plans and tax advantaged accounts have grown rapidly in their first ten years of existence and now cover more than fifteen million Americans. Many people feared that the Affordable Care Act (ACA)would dampen HSA growth or even eliminate HSA options, especially in light of the Massachusetts experience, where HSAs have not been as popular. Our research shows that HSAs play a prominent role in the ACA exchanges, accounting for nearly 20% of total offerings. This is about three times the current 7% HSA market share of commercial insurance, according to the 2013 AHIP HSA Census. If the exchanges survive their slow start [spoiler alert: they did - GB] and grow as expected, HSAs will likely grow rapidly and be among the most affordable options in the Affordable Care Act exchanges.
In the 36 ACA exchanges run by the Federal government, HSA Plans make up 19% of all offerings and are about 11% less expensive than Non-HSA offerings on average. HSAs are less expensive for 27-year-old individuals by $26 per month,for 50-year-old individuals by $44 per month, and for the average family by $88 per month.

RKMBrown said:
Employers were heading to HSAs before ACA. HSAs were the effing answer before ACA.

And the ACA is likely accelerating that trend, due to the premium affordability requirements that are coming down the pike for employer-based plans (and, to some extend, the looming excise tax on high cost plans). I pointed this out back in 2011 in Top 5 Things Conservatives Got in Health Reform: the exchanges were going to be chock-full of high deductible plans that could be paired with HSAs and the movement toward HSAs in employer-sponsored coverage was likely to accelerate given the employer requirements in the law. Lo and behold, three years later both have turned out to be the case.

The ACA is the best friend HSAs ever had.

RKMBrown said:
However that can't be done when the bronze limit forces the HSAs to have ever smaller deductibles... and you know it.

Bronze plans can have higher deductibles (starting next year) than HSA-compatible HDHPs. The limiting factor at this point isn't the ACA, it's the MMA of 2003 that created HSAs. Even so, as we're seeing, lots of exchange plans can be paired with HSAs and will continue to be.
Your not listening. Get off your knees. HSAs barely made the cut and it was not by design.

Your not listening. Get off your knees. HSAs barely made the cut and it was not by design.

Here's the ACA defining a key aspect of benefit design (which is what we're talking about with these kinds of plans, cost-sharing) for health insurance in the U.S. in 42 U.S. Code § 18022 - Essential health benefits requirements:
The cost-sharing incurred under a health plan with respect to self-only coverage or coverage other than self-only coverage for a plan year beginning in 2014 shall not exceed the dollar amounts in effect under section 223(c)(2)(A)(ii) of title 26 for self-only and family coverage, respectively, for taxable years beginning in 2014.

Hey, what's this Section 223 of the IRS Code they're using to define all health insurance plans in the U.S. all about? My goodness, it's 26 U.S. Code § 223 - Health savings accounts.

How bizarre! Accidentally tagging benefit design for ACA-compliant plans to the section of U.S. law on HSAs and the HDHPs that can be paired with them. Someone should tell them they made the standards for HSAs the standards for all health insurance. Because they certainly couldn't have done that by design!

What a happy accident that a fifth of all exchange plans ended up being HSA compatible.

Forum List

Back