If you have photo or video of the scuba boat that killed 34, the FBI wants them so

Frannie

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2019
The Latest: FBI seeks photos, videos in fatal boat fire case

they can help insure that this never happens again.

1:10 p.m.

The FBI is seeking photos and videos related to the fatal boat fire off the California coast that killed 34 people as part of its criminal investigation.

The FBI, Coast Guard and U.S. attorney in Los Angeles are participating in the investigation with other agencies. They want to know if the captain and boat owners followed safety requirements.

Divers resumed searching for the final victim Tuesday as salvage operations to raise the Conception out of the water also restarted.

FBI tip link below
Submit a Tip — FBI

• Banned
I wonder if there was a fire and the scuba tanks exploded? It just doesn't make sense that no one made it out.
Not likely compressed air is not flammable and they would have to get really hot before popping off so everyone would be awake. I say someone lit that boat up, perhaps a competitor or terrorist.

Scream now I was doing this before some of u were born

I wonder if there was a fire and the scuba tanks exploded? It just doesn't make sense that no one made it out.

Well, there was only 1 door that led from the berthing up to the main deck, and at the other end of the berthing was a small square hole with a hatch that could be pulled out for emergency exit.

But, the berthing was way overcrowded to be safe for emergency exit IMHO. And, I spent 20 years in the Navy, living on a ship for over half of that. My living area was a 6 ft x 2 1/2 ft x 3 ft box, and my locker was underneath my bunk, only about 8 inches deep. The bunks were 3 high and 2 deep, with around 3 ft of space in the aisle between the bunks.

And, the fire started initially in the galley. What else was in the galley? A recharging station for electronic gear and phones. Cheap lithium ion batteries can explode and catch fire while charging. Chances are, someone plugged a cheap battery into the charging station and that is what started the fire. Those things can catch a room on fire rather quickly.

Personally? I blame poor ship layout and them having a charging station inside the living space of the boat.

And, there are a lot of boat captains out there who are starting to require people to charge their gear in fireproof containers.

• Banned

Forum List

Back