If you had a choice of owning a gun or owning a car, what would you choose

If you had a choice of owning a gun or owning a car, what would you choose. A car provides more freedom, for me, than any gun.
I would be more concerned with the government taking away everyone's vehicles than everyone's guns.

The government should allow cars and guns.
Put the same regulations on guns as you do cars for the same reason, the safety of all citizens.
If the government decided to take away all our cars we would use our guns to overthrow the government.

That of course is why the Democratic Party wants to eventually ban all civilian owned firearms. The Democratic Party would love to ban all fossil fueled cars to stop global warming.

Adjusting gun regulations has been done since the beginning of our country.
This bullshit about not tramping on my 2nd amendment rights. Those rights have changed substantially since written. Why should this generation be any different.

Those yelling the loudest can be given a penis enlargement instead of sei-automatic gun. That can help their feeling of inadequacy,
Iā€™m still not sure what the hell youā€™re yammering on about. There are some who insist that the 2d Amendment is absolute. I donā€™t. That said, it is still a right. Driving a car is not. It is a privilege.

With that in mind, one can see how and why the government can require drivers to establish their ability to drive, impose laws in speed, require vehicle registration and even require vehicle insurance for liability if your driving injures anybody.

It is less easy to justify how and why the government thinks it can limit gun ownership. They do though. You have to have obtained a license. The gun has to have been legally obtained and has to be registered. And most of us (including those apparently in the majority of NRA members) actually understand it and are ok with it.

Even so, recognizing a valid limit on gun ownership does not equate with agreement that the authority to apply conditions in that right is boundless or even all that broad. Therefore, whether you like it or not, it is perfectly appropriate for those who embrace gun ownership to seek to impose restraints on how far the government can limit it.

I say again. Letā€™s get together. The anti-gun lobby and the gun ownership rights side. Agree to sit and talk and even discuss how to prevent the mass shootings by crazed people weā€™ve seen in recent days and years. But donā€™t imagine for a moment that your side can simply impose it on the other side.

If both sides are truly seeking a workable solution, then the discussion canā€™t be one sided and no ensuing bill can be unilaterally imposed. That wonā€™t work. Thatā€™s not how we deal with rights.

Iā€™m still not sure what the hell youā€™re yammering on about. There are some who insist that the 2d Amendment is absolute. I donā€™t. That said, it is still a right. Driving a car is not. It is a privilege.

With that in mind, one can see how and why the government can require drivers to establish their ability to drive, impose laws in speed, require vehicle registration and even require vehicle insurance for liability if your driving injures anybody.

It is less easy to justify how and why the government thinks it can limit gun ownership. They do though. You have to have obtained a license. The gun has to have been legally obtained and has to be registered. And most of us (including those apparently in the majority of NRA members) actually understand it and are ok with it.

Even so, recognizing a valid limit on gun ownership does not equate with agreement that the authority to apply conditions in that right is boundless or even all that broad. Therefore, whether you like it or not, it is perfectly appropriate for those who embrace gun ownership to seek to impose restraints on how far the government can limit it.

I say again. Letā€™s get together. The anti-gun lobby and the gun ownership rights side. Agree to sit and talk and even discuss how to prevent the mass shootings by crazed people weā€™ve seen in recent days and years. But donā€™t imagine for a moment that your side can simply impose it on the other side.

If both sides are truly seeking a workable solution, then the discussion canā€™t be one sided and no ensuing bill can be unilaterally imposed. That wonā€™t work. Thatā€™s not how we deal with rights.
He is an absolute moron. If you didnā€™t say car he goes off like some uneducated, Ill informed left wing agenda driven idiot whoā€™s reply is his anti-gun BS that has nothing to do with what you posted. The take away is, he doesnā€™t give a fuck about anyone but himself and his agenda and there is no compromise with him and there is no reasoning capability. We waste or time trying to communicate or even compromise, he is too damn dumb.

He is an absolute moron. If you didnā€™t say car he goes off like some uneducated, Ill informed left wing agenda driven idiot whoā€™s reply is his anti-gun BS that has nothing to do with what you posted. The take away is, he doesnā€™t give a fuck about anyone but himself and his agenda and there is no compromise with him and there is no reasoning capability. We waste or time trying to communicate or even compromise, he is too damn dumb.
I call him Elmo Dud. And if he wants to discuss these things in an honest way, he can step up. So far though, it looks like the only way he can ā€œargueā€ is to simply repeat his opinion like a parrot asking for a cracker.

Last edited:
This bullshit about not tramping on my 2nd amendment rights. Those rights have changed substantially since written. Why should this generation be any different.

Those yelling the loudest can be given a penis enlargement instead of sei-automatic gun. That can help their feeling of inadequacy,
No, you can't grab my penis.

I'd just like to remind everyone that every single compromise on the 2A has been gun owners giving ground. Gun grabbers have given up nothing.

No, you can't grab my penis.
I am not into that.

Forum List

Back