If you could choose ONE thing to right the ship, what would it be?

Nope. Industry changed. Gas is cleaner and cheaper. WV has always been a poor state.
Maybe so, but not as poor as it is now, and the use of coal started declining long before natural gas got cheap.

We don't have a large array of sources now. More than 90% of the media are solidly in bed with the Democrats and protect them from any negative news about them while dutifully reporting every flattering thing they say about themselves. Conversely they trash Republicans every chance they get and will report almost nothing positive that they do.

Millions of Americans therefore are woefully uneducated or undereducated re current affairs and are easy pawns for the government and their surrogate media to use.

Just one example. (Examples are hard to find quickly because Google also censors anything unflattering to Democrats.)
I think that is a matter of opinion. I can find a ton of conservative sources that protected Trump and the Republicans and trashed tbe Dems. The point is, we have all these choices.

How on earth would you rule on “impartial” and “honest” in creating what would be a state run media?

Maybe so, but not as poor as it is now, and the use of coal started declining long before natural gas got cheap.
Actually, we were much poorer than now…most of our resources were extracted by outsiders. Mining earned good money…but only after the unions stepped in.

If the mainstream media stopped being the propaganda arm of the democrat party and became fair and balanced it could go a long way toward a fair and balanced society. Sadly if it hasn't happened in the last hundred years it ain't likely to happen in the next.
”Fair and balanced” is completely subjective.

My state is reddest red. And very very White. We have a lot of folks on welfare.

They voted for Trump and his fakery.
How do you know that it was the welfare recipients who voted for Trump rather than the working class people?

I think that is a matter of opinion. I can find a ton of conservative sources that protected Trump and the Republicans and trashed tbe Dems. The point is, we have all these choices.
The bulk of the media is leftwing, so it doesn't matter if the right wing media is biased

Actually, we were much poorer than now…most of our resources were extracted by outsiders. Mining earned good money…but only after the unions stepped in.
Then unions stepped in about 100 years ago,

Yup. There are tons of surveys showing that 95% of journalists donate to the Democrat candidates.
Well, hell. Clearly we need to government to control the press. So's it's "fair and balanced" and shit.

The Pa. Republican controlled legislature forbids the counting of mail in votes until all of the polls were closed, including the west coast. Most of the mailed ballots came from the more populated areas.
That policy makes sense, I shouldn't have to explain why.

I do have to question why Philadelphia has been a hub of voter fraud for a decade or more.

Forum List

Back