If You Can Help

Wish I could have given more. Kudos to the big givers!

Because of current responsibilities and circumstances Hombre (my hubby) and I can't afford much either, but when you have nothing, $5 or $10 is a lot.

So while I really REALLY appreciate the wonderful selfless generosity of the bigger contributors and may you all be blessed, the smaller contributions also buy food, gasoline, maybe another night in the motel until housing can be found, a warm sweater or other necessities.

Again they barely got out with their lives and almost certainly lost most of what very little they had.including most of their clothes. So blessings on all who can help.

One of our USMB members has been a victim of the Paradise Camp fire and is now homeless. She's lost everything in the fire but some pets and is living in her van now. A member here discussed opening a GoFundMe campaign for her with a team invited to manage and edit the page. No one is obligated but if you would like to donate here is the link. All funds will go to her as she will be the one linking her own bank account to the page. We're talking about Gracie. Once again she is homeless. I know she would very much appreciate any help given.

The link:

Click here to support Paradise Camp Fire organized by Michelle Morrow

I love Gracie this is very upsetting, I hear of this horrible wildfire on the BBC World Service and they mention Paradise in California and I remember from the last wildfire when we had a thread about that and Gracie say she's in Paradise and how we were all worrying and getting her to check in as many times as she could so we all knew she was okay. Then I hear on the BBC World Service yesterday Saturday and I thought of Gracie and hoped she was not affected and now tragically I hear that she is :(

I love Gracie she is a good person and does not deserve this, she has had so many problems the past few years including her health and she was getting things together again and now this happens. I do not want her to be living in her auto with her animals and so I am going to donate to this fund thing. If Gracie needs more money she can let me know.

Gracie PLEASE check in somehow to let us know you are okay, I am praying for you and your animals :smiliehug:

Last edited:
It is humbling to see everyone coming together on this even if we don't all agree on much else. I am impressed and surprised by some of the names (and those who gave anonomously). Hopefully we can reach the goal and help her permanently out of this situation. I am proud of the people here.

One of our USMB members has been a victim of the Paradise Camp fire and is now homeless. She's lost everything in the fire but some pets and is living in her van now. A member here discussed opening a GoFundMe campaign for her with a team invited to manage and edit the page. No one is obligated but if you would like to donate here is the link. All funds will go to her as she will be the one linking her own bank account to the page. We're talking about Gracie. Once again she is homeless. I know she would very much appreciate any help given.

The link:

I love Gracie this is very upsetting, I hear of this horrible wildfire on the BBC World Service and they mention Paradise in California and I remember from the last wildfire when we had a thread about that and Gracie say she's in Paradise and how we were all worrying and getting her to check in as many times as she could so we all knew she was okay. Then I hear on the BBC World Service yesterday Saturday and I thought of Gracie and hoped she was not affected and now tragically I hear that she is :(

I love Gracie she is a good person and does not deserve this, she has had so many problems the past few years including her health and she was getting things together again and now this happens. I do not want her to be living in her auto with her animals and so I am going to donate to this fund thing. If Gracie needs more money she can let me know.

Gracie PLEASE check in somehow to let us know you are okay, I am praying for you and your animals :smiliehug:

She has checked in. and they are okay according to Drifter and another Coffee Shopper who got ahold of her. Spent first night out in Redding because fire was too close to Chico for comfort. She, hubby (disabled) and their landlord are together plus the landlord's two cats and a dog. But they literally had to run for their lives so taking anything with them was out of the question. Landlord's house is gone as is all other structures in Paradise. Can't afford rents on the west coast and can't move because they are so tied to California healthcare and have serious medical needs. All shelters full in that area. So somehow they have to find a place to live with winter setting in.

Last edited:

This is what it should be like, in a time of immense crisis everyone pulling together to help someone in need, this illustrates the best of our humanity.

Um....I should STFU now before miketx thinks I'm going off the rails into being a Hippy or a Commie whatever :omg:

The link:

She has checked in. and they are okay according to Drifter who got ahold of her. Spent first night out in Redding because fire was too close to Chico for comfort. She, hubby (disabled) and their landlord are together plus the landlord's two cats and a dog. But they literally had to run for their lives so taking anything with them was out of the question. Landlord's house is gone as is all other structures in Paradise. Can't afford rents on the west coast and can't move because they are so tied to California healthcare and have serious medical needs. All shelters full in that area. So somehow they have to find a place to live with winter setting in.

How beyond frightening it must have been, the most important thing though is that they are alive, you can replace property and possessions, you cannot replace a life and/or lives.

Gracie texted me a photo of what's left of her house. She also is going to try and use a library computer at some point to come here and thank everyone. She has a lot of Gratitude for everyone's donations and prayers. I think she's also still in shock and processing what has happened. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you from Gracie! She now has access to the gofundme page on her phone and its connected to her banking. I'm starting a new job Monday so you can PM Kat for updates about Gracie if I'm not here but if you PM me I will try to answer it when I can.

Here is the picture Gracie texted me of her residence, she said the house is gone.

jzxulk.jpg

Tell her to get to a computer if she can, but don't fret about the thanks. I don't think anyone here did more than they thought they should do. You don't need thanks for doing the right thing.

No, none of us need thanks for doing a kindness, but a lot of us need to thank those who help anyway. :)

Last edited:

The link:

She has checked in. and they are okay according to Drifter who got ahold of her. Spent first night out in Redding because fire was too close to Chico for comfort. She, hubby (disabled) and their landlord are together plus the landlord's two cats and a dog. But they literally had to run for their lives so taking anything with them was out of the question. Landlord's house is gone as is all other structures in Paradise. Can't afford rents on the west coast and can't move because they are so tied to California healthcare and have serious medical needs. All shelters full in that area. So somehow they have to find a place to live with winter setting in.

Tell Gracie that we are about to go to Evening Mass, this will be chaotic as we are taking ALL five kidlets with us and tell her that I will light a Votive Candle for her, if she is not Roman Catholic and doesn't know what that is here is a link:

Why do Catholics light votive candles?

I will also put this below gif of a Votive Candle in this thread, this for it to eminate good vibes Gracie's way.

I dedicate this Votive Candle to St. Anthony of Padua, the Patron Saint of Miracles.

231365868052202.gif

Dear St. Anthony, your prayers obtained miracles during your lifetime.

You still move at ease in the realm of minor and major miracles.

St. Anthony, Performer of Miracles, please obtain for Brenda the blessings Our Lord Jesus Christ holds in reserve for those who serve Him.

Amen.

The link:

Tell Gracie that we are about to go to Evening Mass, this will be chaotic as we are taking ALL five kidlets with us and tell her that I will light a Votive Candle for her, if she is not Roman Catholic and doesn't know what that is here is a link:

Why do Catholics light votive candles?

I will also put this gif of a Votive Candle in this thread, this for it to eminate good vibes Gracie's way.

I dedicate this Votive Candle to St. Anthony of Padua, the Patron Saint of Miracles.

231365868052202.gif

Dear St. Anthony, your prayers obtained miracles during your lifetime.

You still move at ease in the realm of minor and major miracles.

St. Anthony, Performer of Miracles, please obtain for Brenda the blessings Our Lord Jesus Christ holds in reserve for those who serve Him.

Amen.

I don't have the means to contact her directly so must do that through others here. But I'm sure she will be reading in here and in the Coffee Shop when she is able to do so. :)

UPDATE: Gracie has a room at motel 6 until Monday after that she is back in the Van. Currently, the shelters are all full. Here are some photos from the fire.

CAMP7.jpg

California-Fires-Paradise-Town-Five-Dead-pp.jpg

campfire3.5be6055b64095.jpg

Hell On Earth: Five People Burned Alive On Scorched Roadway In Paradise, CA

Camp Fire: Town of Paradise 'pretty much destroyed' fire official says | Updates

Butte County > Home

Evacuation Shelter Information:
If assistance is needed in evacuating, call 9-1-1.

A friend of mine says they could go to Yuba City to the fairgrounds they have plenty of room they have food clothing and anything they should need

I just tried donating and realized some personal info would be shared with people I don’t know.
Is there a way I can help Gracie while maintaining my annominity?

I just tried donating and realized some personal info would be shared with people I don’t know.
I just donated, too, and was wondering about the same thing. My comment when asked why I donated was, "the Golden Rule" and prayers for Gracie, my sweet."

I just donated, too, and was wondering about the same thing. My comment when asked why I donated was, "the Golden Rule" and prayers for Gracie, my sweet."
I didn’t donate.
After filling everything out, I realized some personal info would be shared with members I don’t know.

I didn’t donate.
After filling everything out, I realized some personal info would be shared with members I don’t know.
I have donated before for other causes and not suffered any recriminations to my knowledge but this is a different scenario and I hope I don't regret helping a friend. Gracie et al will read of our concerns. I trust she/they are considerate persons and would secure anonymity. I have long enjoyed Gracie and her posts.

I thank Kat for providing an opportunity and link to help someone in such dire need.

(((Gracie)))

Forum List

Back