If you are not Irish, you cannot celebrate St Patrick’s Day...its cultural appropriation.

While Irish Americans are now proud to showcase their heritage, the Irish were not always celebrated by fellow Americans. Beginning in 1845, a devastating potato blight caused widespread hunger throughout Ireland. While approximately 1 million perished, another 2 million abandoned their land in the largest-single population movement of the 19th century. Most of the exiles—nearly a quarter of the Irish nation—came to the shores of the United States. Once they arrived, the Irish refugees were looked down upon as disease-ridden, unskilled and a drain on welfare budgets.

Sound familiar?

Bunch of wannabees :)
My surname can literally be traced back to a town in Northern Ireland, County Antrim, called Ballymoney.

Does that make me a poser? I wannabe?

:laugh:

Are we Northern Irish still considered Irish?
:dunno:

Nah, you're Irish but Northern Ireland needs to kick the filthy black and tans out.

My ancestors were from Killarney, southern Ireland. Been there, it's beautiful

Liberals, do not be hypocrites. Stay home tonight if you are not Irish. Do not appropriate the Irish culture and reduce it to green beer and corned beef. If you do....you are a fucking racist.
Leprechauns are racist.

This symbol is a product of late 1800's and early 1900's anti-Irish caricatures, and thus the team must stop using it.

th
Sorry...According to Mac the dildo racist, no other people were ever oppressed in the USA

Only blacks had it tough and got shit on.

My surname can literally be traced back to a town in Northern Ireland, County Antrim, called Ballymoney.

Nah, you're Irish but Northern Ireland needs to kick the filthy black and tans out.

EVERYBODY needs to kick out the goddamn black & tans.

(how long before somebody says "black & tan is racist"?

While Irish Americans are now proud to showcase their heritage, the Irish were not always celebrated by fellow Americans. Beginning in 1845, a devastating potato blight caused widespread hunger throughout Ireland. While approximately 1 million perished, another 2 million abandoned their land in the largest-single population movement of the 19th century. Most of the exiles—nearly a quarter of the Irish nation—came to the shores of the United States. Once they arrived, the Irish refugees were looked down upon as disease-ridden, unskilled and a drain on welfare budgets.

Sound familiar?

And they overcame it. They worked the shit jobs available to them, and took the civil service jobs no one else wanted to improve their position over the generations.

They realized that the only way to fight the poverty they were in was to make it so their children and children's children had the opportunity to do so.

They didn't look for government to help them, or expect their lot would improve incredibly, they worked to INGRAIN themselves in the society and culture of their new home.

Sound familiar?

Oooh so I get repartations?

Hey Happy Patty Day Lass. Is the Ram around today.

Hey Happy Patty Day Lass. Is the Ram around today.

Thanks and I haven't seen her.... she's Irish might be tipsy. Lol

Liberals, do not be hypocrites. Stay home tonight if you are not Irish. Do not appropriate the Irish culture and reduce it to green beer and corned beef. If you do....you are a fucking racist.
Why can't we just celebrate being Americans? Are they traitors to the American cultural values?
well Xiden said he'd have to wait and see if we can celebrate the 4th

Sound familiar?

And they overcame it. They worked the shit jobs available to them, and took the civil service jobs no one else wanted to improve their position over the generations.

They realized that the only way to fight the poverty they were in was to make it so their children and children's children had the opportunity to do so.

They didn't look for government to help them, or expect their lot would improve incredibly, they worked to INGRAIN themselves in the society and culture of their new home.
If there were ever an indictment of the can't do attitude the left forces on the masses because of "racial" or other circumstances, it's the fight of the Irish.

In fact, the Northern Army in the Civil War was LOADED with Irish.

I will be accept words of gratitude from all black folks. You're welcome.

:laughing0301:

Sound familiar?
Every GD nationality was treated like shit Lesh. Look at the spaghetti benders?

If the pale face didn't come here and wipe out the injuns, none of us here would be fucking alive. Everything would be different.

Celebrate our lives and learning from our mistakes of the past. Not treating everyone like they fucking lived yesterday.

Speaking as part Irish, I'm ashamed how the USA belittles my race, from leprechauns to crazy mustaches, to alcohol to that time my ancestors were indentured servants here in the USA, and were English slaves abroad. And yet not one peep for reparations.

Next time a kid thinks to trick or treat in a Irish costume at my place is the day I report they and their parents to the proper authorities.

Sound familiar?
Every GD nationality was treated like shit Lesh. Look at the spaghetti benders?
Maybe we ought to stop doing that huh?

Sound familiar?
No federal welfare back then. Like I said a million times the only immigrants who were treated very badly to the USA were European. Everyone who came post Hart Cellar Act have been treated with kid gloves including illegal immigrants.

Well I'm having Bloody Marys. Is that drink too violent and misogynistic?

What a bunch of ass holes these libturds are...lol

None of this shit makes a damned bit of sense...lol

Sound familiar?
No federal welfare back then. Like I said a million times the only immigrants who were treated very badly to the USA were European. Everyone who came post Hart Cellar Act have been treated with kid gloves including illegal immigrants.
You funny man

Forum List

Back