If we can't see an atom or a god, how do we 'prove' or 'disprove' these things exist, and do we even need proof?

Religions have literally thousands of years to do that and haven't yet. In fact it can be argued that religions have done more harm than good.
We would need to see a parallel history without religion to determine that. Protestant Christianity has advanced western civilization greatly. Other religions maybe not so much.

If we can't see an atom or a god, how do we 'prove' or 'disprove' these things exist, and do we even need proof? Why would proof be needed or desired? If we do a thorough investigation seeking evidence of the atom and of a god, where will we find ourselves?

So far:

The atom:

A god:
EMPTY - MPTY - MPT - MT - ___________________

Is this correct? If not, what am I missing? What scientific proof is there of a god existing?
On a warmish day I can’t see my breath. Heck, I can’t even see the air. But those facts don’t mean that I’m not breathing and they don’t mean there is no air to breathe.

I've been told there's a occupancy limit at God's place. Wonder who carries out the code enforcement.
The pattern is that of two harvests, spring and fall. The smaller spring harvest is the calling of the church, in this the "church age". The greater fall harvest depicts the salvation of the rest of mankind past and present in a general resurrection that takes place during the millennial rule of Christ on earth. So eventually there will be room for most everyone.

If we can't see an atom or a god, how do we 'prove' or 'disprove' these things exist
You can prove there is wind by watching your neighbor's roof being torn off by it. But you can't see it. That proves that something exists even if you can't see it.
How to prove God exists? Some one that you can't see told us exactly what was going to happen thousands of years in advance. To perfection.
The Bible is 1/4 prophesy for the very purpose of knowing there really is someone who can see the end from the beginning. You can't even tell me what is going to happen next week.

You little nut job. You mixed science/physics with theology, and since you were wrong about the science part, I figured I'd prove you wrong on the theology front too, so:
direct

The Atom^

In approximately 700 BC, the prophet Micah named the tiny village of Bethlehem as the birthplace of Israel’s Messiah (Micah 5:2). The fulfillment of this prophecy in the birth of Christ is one of the most widely known and widely celebrated facts in history.
(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 10 to the 5th power)

Some 400 years before crucifixion was invented, both Israel’s King David and the prophet Zechariah described the Messiah’s death in words that perfectly depict that mode of execution. Further, they said that the body would be pierced and that none of the bones would be broken, contrary to customary procedure in cases of crucifixion (Psalm 22 and 34:20; Zechariah 12:10). Again, historians and New Testament writers confirm the fulfillment: Jesus of Nazareth died on a Roman cross, and his extraordinarily quick death eliminated the need for the usual breaking of bones. A spear was thrust into his side to verify that he was, indeed, dead.
(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 10to the 13th power.)

The prophet Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon and subdue Egypt along with most of the rest of the known world. This same man, said Isaiah, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). Isaiah made this prophecy 150 years before Cyrus was born, 180 years before Cyrus performed any of these feats (and he did, eventually, perform them all), and 80 years before the Jews were taken into exile.
(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 10 to the 15th power.)

God^

I can do this all day Dante, give me my gold metal! :45:

Last edited:
If we can't see an atom or a god, how do we 'prove' or 'disprove' these things exist, and do we even need proof? Why would proof be needed or desired? If we do a thorough investigation seeking evidence of the atom and of a god, where will we find ourselves?

So far:

The atom:

A god:

Is this correct? If not, what am I missing? What scientific proof is there of a god existing?
God is that small?

People justify their opinions for the sake of argument regardless of their personal convictions. I 'justify' mine for the information and benefit of others as I have already proven them beneficial to myself.

You're stuck with using term/words that are inadequate. You need to learn to speak with authority of what you know, and stop seeking approval.

You can prove there is wind by watching your neighbor's roof being torn off by it. But you can't see it. That proves that something exists even if you can't see it.

How to prove God exists? Some one that you can't see told us exactly what was going to happen thousands of years in advance. To perfection.
The Bible is 1/4 prophesy for the very purpose of knowing there really is someone who can see the end from the beginning. You can't even tell me what is going to happen next week.

You little nut job. You mixed science/physics with theology, and since you were wrong about the science part, I figured I'd prove you wrong on the theology front too, so:
direct

The Atom^

In approximately 700 BC, the prophet Micah named the tiny village of Bethlehem as the birthplace of Israel’s Messiah (Micah 5:2). The fulfillment of this prophecy in the birth of Christ is one of the most widely known and widely celebrated facts in history.
(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 10 to the 5th power)

Some 400 years before crucifixion was invented, both Israel’s King David and the prophet Zechariah described the Messiah’s death in words that perfectly depict that mode of execution. Further, they said that the body would be pierced and that none of the bones would be broken, contrary to customary procedure in cases of crucifixion (Psalm 22 and 34:20; Zechariah 12:10). Again, historians and New Testament writers confirm the fulfillment: Jesus of Nazareth died on a Roman cross, and his extraordinarily quick death eliminated the need for the usual breaking of bones. A spear was thrust into his side to verify that he was, indeed, dead.
(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 10to the 13th power.)

The prophet Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon and subdue Egypt along with most of the rest of the known world. This same man, said Isaiah, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). Isaiah made this prophecy 150 years before Cyrus was born, 180 years before Cyrus performed any of these feats (and he did, eventually, perform them all), and 80 years before the Jews were taken into exile.
(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 10 to the 15th power.)

God^

I can do this all day Dante, give me my gold metal! :45:
You can see the proof. The physical reality. There can be no debate that the roof was torn off by the wind.

Prophesy is open to interpretation. It is never beyond debate -- factual.

Religious arguments are usually based on beliefs, not facts.

Defining a concept does not make it true.

If? Okay. Go play with your ifs. Good and evil are human constructs, concepts. Do they exist in reality?

You're stealing from your brother ... some would call you evil for doing so ... is being shunned by your community reality? ...

All human thought is constructed ... science is a specific construct ... use or don't ... it's just a tool in the toolbox ... science doesn't answer all questions ... we shouldn't expect it to ...

Things can exist even if we can’t see them. Sometimes, they leave evidence of their existence even though the rings themselves can’t be seen.

I can’t see gravity. But we can see damn good evidence of it. And it can be calculated so well that we send rockets into space and use the gravitational effects of the inner planets to send them outward further and faster with great accuracy. So, the fact that I can’t see it doesn’t mean not doesn’t exist.

We have similar inferential evidence of the existence not just of atoms, but of electrons and quarks.

After that, things get complicated —because I think it’s also fair to say that: sometimes we see things occurring for which we have no proof of any underlying cause. So maybe it too is caused by things we cannot see. Or, maybe there is no such “thing” lying behind the effects.

But that’s pretty counter-intuitive.

For example, we recognize an order in our universe. Heck, we count on it. We often work mightily to ascertain what lies behind that order. I suppose it could be that patterns we observe (and rules which have far-flung applicability) are mere happenstance. Could be. But I think our collective experiences are nice informs us otherwise.

So far:

The atom:

A god:

Atoms CAN be seen.

Science can't seem to explain the missing mass that holds galaxies together, inventing a term called Dark Matter. Pure speculation and belief.
Perhaps God is there.

More likely is that our gravity theories are wrong ...

We're also missing a whole mess of anti-matter ... no one knows where that is right now ... so it's not just 90% of the mass of the universe we can't see ... we don't detect the anti-dark matter either ...

What do you expect when GR and QM are mutually exclusive ... one or both are wrong ... and I'm betting it's GR that's the problem ...

You're stealing from your brother ... some would call you evil for doing so ... is being shunned by your community reality? ...

All human thought is constructed ... science is a specific construct ... use or don't ... it's just a tool in the toolbox ... science doesn't answer all questions ... we shouldn't expect it to ...
People could call somebody evil all they want. Doesn't mean evil exists.

Nobody I know of claims science has all the answers -- to everything. Not sure you keep making statements like you do.

So far:

The atom:

A god:

Who says we can't see atoms??

Science can't seem to explain the missing mass that holds galaxies together, inventing a term called Dark Matter. Pure speculation and belief.
Perhaps God is there.
But it will eventually. Have faith. ;)

You must be confused about what the scientists consider matter. The speculation is not a belief system. It's based on reservations.

Forum List

Back