If US campuses can’t protect free speech, they need new management

There's a difference between free speech and hate-speech/inciting violence. Universities should be able to host whomever they want.

If hearing an opposing POV incites one to violence, what does this say about this person?
Doesn't matter...Universities are a place for kids to go and learn. Universities should not be agreeing to host speakers who spew hate, racism, and fear.
What's wrong with hearing and challenging? That is part of receiving an education and learning.
How about we leave that to the expert professionals not the POS GOP mouthpieces.

The ones that want to keep speakers like Coulter off campus, and open their arms to hate speech from the left?
show me some hate speech from the left at universities and we can talk, otherwise your boat has no paddles.

But you said this:

"She was even fired from the National Review for hate-speech"

Are you drunk?

The article she wrote was indeed hate-speech, you drooling mental midget.
how you figure. quote a line.

"Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

This was the paragraph that caused the National Review to drop her skinny ass.
and what is wrong with what is in it? It is fking accurate as hell.

So you agree with hate-speech. Why am I not surprised?
which line is hate speech? who is it directed at?

If hearing an opposing POV incites one to violence, what does this say about this person?
Doesn't matter...Universities are a place for kids to go and learn. Universities should not be agreeing to host speakers who spew hate, racism, and fear.
What's wrong with hearing and challenging? That is part of receiving an education and learning.
How about we leave that to the expert professionals not the POS GOP mouthpieces.

The ones that want to keep speakers like Coulter off campus, and open their arms to hate speech from the left?
show me some hate speech from the left at universities and we can talk, otherwise your boat has no paddles.
every libturd course.

But you said this:

Are you drunk?

"Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

I agree that paragraph isn't hate speech, since it doesn't mention hate.

Show me some from Coulter.

and then look up speeches by Sharpton, Jackson, etc.

You're so partisan, you probably had your right arm amputated

But you said this:

Are you drunk?

The term "hate speech" is simply a concoction of the Regressive Left for use as you're using it here:

To put people on the defensive and shut down opposing opinion.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/threa...ed-new-management.588791/reply?quote=17080385
Do you really think this isn't obvious?

who is that? you? hahaahahahah
200.gif
Well, no, I am not a professor. You probably have never been to a university before but its the professors that stand up there in front of everyone and talk. They are actually trained and hired to teach kids. Unlike Milo the pedophile and Ann coulter.

That must be your unlucky meme, every time you use that with me you end up with egg on your face.
most universities have TA's that do the actual teaching. the professor merely shoots his/ her mouth off and kids take notes. your point? how is that learning? and how is that different than coulter. I have no idea the professors political backing, but I bet the majority are left leaning. eh?
I went to a prestigious liberal arts school so I had classes as small as 5 students to 1 professor, and only worked with TAs at after hour study sessions. My professor did all the teaching. You would understand the learning process if you went to college. But yes you are right, most professors are liberal. There seems to be a direct correlation between being educated and being liberal.
:beer:

Show me some from Coulter.

and then look up speeches by Sharpton, Jackson, etc.

You're so partisan, you probably had your right arm amputated
200.gif

Which line? The whole damn thing. Jesus.

200.gif
Well, no, I am not a professor. You probably have never been to a university before but its the professors that stand up there in front of everyone and talk. They are actually trained and hired to teach kids. Unlike Milo the pedophile and Ann coulter.

That must be your unlucky meme, every time you use that with me you end up with egg on your face.
most universities have TA's that do the actual teaching. the professor merely shoots his/ her mouth off and kids take notes. your point? how is that learning? and how is that different than coulter. I have no idea the professors political backing, but I bet the majority are left leaning. eh?
I went to a prestigious liberal arts school so I had classes as small as 5 students to 1 professor, and only worked with TAs at after hour study sessions. My professor did all the teaching. You would understand the learning process if you went to college. But yes you are right, most professors are liberal. There seems to be a direct correlation between being educated and being liberal.
well how would I know about TAs if I didn't go? what school did you go to that only had 5 students to a professor? Now I will admit, that seems a bit suspicious.

Which line? The whole damn thing. Jesus.
ooooooook francis, hahahahahaha
200.gif

I agree completely with the sentiments of this article. Universities are supposed to be institutions that offer and value diverse thoughts and opinions. Instead, what we've seen over the last several years are weak-kneed administrators acquiescing to the demands of sniveling little brats who can't handle hearing an idea they don't approve of. Rather than fostering an environment where diverse discussion can take place, most of our universities have been hijacked by extreme left wing administrators, faculties, and students who have embraced fascism and are engaging in modern day Nazi book burnings. If the people in charge won't stop this attack on free speech then it's time to start replacing them, by force, if necessary, particularly at those which are taxpayer funded.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/20/if-us-campuses-cant-protect-free-speech-they-need-new-management/
There's a difference between free speech and hate-speech/inciting violence. Universities should be able to host whomever they want.

Here's a novel idea. How about we let the people who invited her and who want to hear her, hear her?
And the snowflakes who don't want to hear her don't have to, do they! They can stay outside and indulge in their usual rioting .....you know - that thing you lefties call 'protesting' when your precious snowflakes are doing it. If lefties weren't such fascists, letting those who want to hear her, hear her, would be a suitable arrangement. Simples :thup:

200.gif

well how would I know about TAs if I didn't go? what school did you go to that only had 5 students to a professor? Now I will admit, that seems a bit suspicious.
I mean, that wasn't the norm. Most classes were larger. But I did have a class one time with either 5 or 6 students. I had several others with under 15 students to 1 professor. I prefer not to share what school, name and location are too personal.

Cowards.
I'm sorry. College is expensive. I have a kid who is racially mixed, I'm not spending all that in tuition money for people to let some a**hole talk to my kids classmates about why he should be hated for his skin color. Fuck off.
Your kid doesn't have to attend. And you have no right to say what other 'kids' can listen to. Can you show me where Coulter has said anyone 'should be hated for their skin colour'? I haven't heard that, presumably you can back such an accusation up with evidence?
Like I've said repeatedly, I fucked up and thought this was the milo thread. Coulter can toe the line as well.
'Toe the line'?

200.gif
Well, no, I am not a professor. You probably have never been to a university before but its the professors that stand up there in front of everyone and talk. They are actually trained and hired to teach kids. Unlike Milo the pedophile and Ann culter.

All lecturers are also professors at uni's?

200.gif

I mean, that wasn't the norm. Most classes were larger. But I did have a class one time with either 5 or 6 students. I had several others with under 15 students to 1 professor. I prefer not to share what school, name and location are too personal.
there were over 40 students in our lecture halls. And we weren't allowed tape recorders.

every libturd course.
but we have already established you have never attended a "lib-turd course" before... so do you have proof?

What are these kids learning running the streets rioting over an election?

What? Is there a special class for that? Rioting an Melee 101

Out of about 40,000 students, a couple hundred represent a small fraction of the student population!

Are you sure these anarchist are all students?

The fascist nationals?

there were over 40 students in our lecture halls. And we weren't allowed tape recorders.
I agree. I have attended two universities. Lecture halls held 50+ students. Seminar groups were much smaller. Few of the lecturers were professors.

200.gif

Aren't you referring to seminars rather than lectures?

Forum List

Back