If Trump Wins The General Election What Will The Democrats Do?

How can they convict a person for acts done when he was president?

Because a president isn't a dictator. Laws still apply to them. A president can be charged, after leaving office, for illegal things they did while in office.

Yes, you tried your best to implement a Stalinist system where all members of DerParteiRepublikkan are above the law, but you failed. Therefore, your heroes are getting charged with the crimes they committed.

How can they convict a person for acts done when he was president?

Presidential Immunity is similar to Qualified Immunity. It means that the individual was acting within the scope of their duty. And there is the problem for Trump. This has already been considered by the Courts and the Nation when Nixon was President. Trump has made these arguments to the Courts in both DC and New York. He argued that since the actions took place while he was President he can’t be prosecuted as he was immune.

The New York Case which as I’ve said before is the weakest. For that Trump was in the Oval Office when he caused false and fraudulent entries to be made in his corporate and private tax records. It is not within the scope of the Presidency to defraud the tax man from his fair share of the Presidents Money. That is clear. The reason I say it is weak is the Prosecutor Bragg has to link it to the effort to get elected and make that a felony effort to defraud the public.

It is a chain of crimes. It is what sunk the Brunswick Trio and let Rittenhouse go free. The chain was broken for Rittenhouse. It wasn’t in Brunswick.

I think Trumps lawyers have a fair chance of breaking that chain. Well let me rephrase that. I think that the Lawyers hired by Trump have a fair chance of breaking that chain if Trump will let them make the legal decisions and arguments.

Without that link, there is no case in New York.

There is nothing in the duties of a President that requires him to take that action. So immunity is not available.

Next. DC and Georgia. There is no part of the office of President that requires him to appoint fraudulent electors from a State. There is no part of it that allows him to have his campaign people threaten or offer immunity from prosecution to people.

The President may have to order things that would be illegal. However those things don’t include an effort to overturn the election in a State.

Trumps argument is basically the same as the one made by Nixon. If a President does it, then it is legal. The Courts already decided that wasn’t the case.

That is why Ford Pardoned Nixon as soon as he took office.

Ford understood that Nixon would be prosecuted and wanted the entire mess to just end.

Ford lost the election to Carter and that was understood to be partly to blame. The Public didn’t like the idea that a President who committed crimes would not be held accountable.

Now Federal Pardons, the kind done by a President, do not have any effect on State Charges, which brings up Georgia and New York.

Georgia has charged Trump under similar State charges that Trump was indicted for in DC. All of this makes sense if you remember that trials are to be held in the county where the offense took place by the Constitution. Trump held the documents in violation of the law in Florida. Trump made the calls, wrote the letters, and issued the instructions to overturn the Georgia Election in Washington DC. But the other end of those orders were in Fulton County Georgia.

The State can charge him without any violation of double jeopardy under State Law.

Presidential Immunity is similar to Qualified Immunity. It means that the individual was acting within the scope of their duty. And there is the problem for Trump. This has already been considered by the Courts and the Nation when Nixon was President. Trump has made these arguments to the Courts in both DC and New York. He argued that since the actions took place while he was President he can’t be prosecuted as he was immune.

The New York Case which as I’ve said before is the weakest. For that Trump was in the Oval Office when he caused false and fraudulent entries to be made in his corporate and private tax records. It is not within the scope of the Presidency to defraud the tax man from his fair share of the Presidents Money. That is clear. The reason I say it is weak is the Prosecutor Bragg has to link it to the effort to get elected and make that a felony effort to defraud the public.

It is a chain of crimes. It is what sunk the Brunswick Trio and let Rittenhouse go free. The chain was broken for Rittenhouse. It wasn’t in Brunswick.

I think Trumps lawyers have a fair chance of breaking that chain. Well let me rephrase that. I think that the Lawyers hired by Trump have a fair chance of breaking that chain if Trump will let them make the legal decisions and arguments.

Without that link, there is no case in New York.

There is nothing in the duties of a President that requires him to take that action. So immunity is not available.

Next. DC and Georgia. There is no part of the office of President that requires him to appoint fraudulent electors from a State. There is no part of it that allows him to have his campaign people threaten or offer immunity from prosecution to people.

The President may have to order things that would be illegal. However those things don’t include an effort to overturn the election in a State.

Trumps argument is basically the same as the one made by Nixon. If a President does it, then it is legal. The Courts already decided that wasn’t the case.

That is why Ford Pardoned Nixon as soon as he took office.

Ford understood that Nixon would be prosecuted and wanted the entire mess to just end.

Ford lost the election to Carter and that was understood to be partly to blame. The Public didn’t like the idea that a President who committed crimes would not be held accountable.

Now Federal Pardons, the kind done by a President, do not have any effect on State Charges, which brings up Georgia and New York.

Georgia has charged Trump under similar State charges that Trump was indicted for in DC. All of this makes sense if you remember that trials are to be held in the county where the offense took place by the Constitution. Trump held the documents in violation of the law in Florida. Trump made the calls, wrote the letters, and issued the instructions to overturn the Georgia Election in Washington DC. But the other end of those orders were in Fulton County Georgia.

The State can charge him without any violation of double jeopardy under State Law.
A litany of claims that still as of this date, none are proven. I believe it will piss off the Democrats when Trump is found not guilty.

I side with Professor Turley's assessment of the alleged crimes claimed to be committed by Trump.

Because a president isn't a dictator. Laws still apply to them. A president can be charged, after leaving office, for illegal things they did while in office.

Yes, you tried your best to implement a Stalinist system where all members of DerParteiRepublikkan are above the law, but you failed. Therefore, your heroes are getting charged with the crimes they committed.
Biden will be charged for his crimes is what you really are saying. Trump will not be found guilty. Even when he was tried by the Senate, they failed by a long ways to convict him.

Cool, another thread of violent Trump cult sore-losers making excuses for losing and then getting violent about losing.

It's so original. We just don't get enough of such threads.

Trump cultists, think about it. You're literally choosing to spend the rest of your lives whining to each other in a SafeSpace. Is that really what you want?
A hunting party with prizes for the most bagged democrats is preferable but there you go.

Don't forget the "Russians putting bounties on our soldiers heads and Trump doing nothing about it" story that they admitted was BS after Biden won

So a while back I asked what would happen if Trump unfairly went to prison. If he wins the cases against him and the 2024 election, will the democrats finally be defeated and we'll have our country restored? Or do you think that they're going to put up one last fight?
They will attack Trump until their last dying breath. It's what TDS does to people.

Well

You won’t see Democrats attacking our Capitol or hatching an elaborate scheme to steal the election
You have one thing correct, you will be covered up by the government and media when you cheat again….

If you succeed again, a Revolution will be born…

Alright, I apologize for mixing you up then.
I have never been a liberal, although in my younger days decades ago, I was a democrat. Learned my lesson. Didn't vote for Trump in 2016, did vote for him in 2020, and not sure who I am voting for in 2024, other than it will definitely not be Biden. I'm not a big fan of Trump although I do understand why he is liked so much and I am a big Trump defender of all the abuses of power Democrats have used to get him. Serves them right if Trump were to win and take them all down for thinking they were above the law.

So a while back I asked what would happen if Trump unfairly went to prison. If he wins the cases against him and the 2024 election, will the democrats finally be defeated and we'll have our country restored? Or do you think that they're going to put up one last fight?
And magic pixie dust will cover the earth.

Cool, another thread of violent Trump cult sore-losers making excuses for losing and then getting violent about losing.

It's so original. We just don't get enough of such threads.

Trump cultists, think about it. You're literally choosing to spend the rest of your lives whining to each other in a SafeSpace. Is that really what you want?
Pre-victimization is the only type of victimization they haven't exploited yet. So it makes sense that these low-lifes would now turn to this tactic.

Pre-victimization is the only type of victimization they haven't exploited yet. So it makes sense that these low-lifes would now turn to this tactic.

It is a common Trump tactic
Working the Umpires

Declaring them biased before the game even starts
Gets you better calls and gives to an excuse when you lose

See? I told you they were biased against me

Trump can’t win.

Forum List

Back