If The US Is Involved In Political Assassination Does That Make Us Fair Game For Revenge?

If The US Engages In Political Assassination, Is Another Country Within Their Right To Return The

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given that it is an act of terrorism, and a violation of international law, would another country have the right to retaliate?

Countries like Iran, Russia and China will commit assassination whenever they want, you dumb ass..........tying our hands with dumb laws is the stupid policy, not killing members of a terrorist state planning on building a nuclear weapon to use against Israel....

If we did, of course another country has the right to retaliate.
Iran can preemptively take out Biden? Really??

Preemptively? Biden?

No idea what you are talking about.

Don't these "other countries" have a "right to retaliate"? Did someone hack your account and say that?

Yes. It was an answer to a general question. What does Biden or "premptively" have to do anything I said?

Preemptively? Biden?

Don't these "other countries" have a "right to retaliate"? Did someone hack your account and say that?

Yes. It was an answer to a general question. What does Biden or "premptively" have to do anything I said?

I thought you, or whoever hacked your account, agreed with the OP?

Preemptively? Biden?

I thought you, or whoever hacked your account, agreed with the OP?

The OP asked a question. It wasn't something you agree or disagree with. It's something you answer.

Perhaps a valid point provided they hold off until after January 20 when there would be the near certainty of preventing the start of a dozen or so wars.
I think President Trump will be the President January : this election was screwed up and Biden plans to develop a debilitating illness so he can give the office to Kamala Harris who plans to socialize America, destroy the Supreme court, ignore the Constitution and declare all Republicans to be slaves of the state.

If a country such as Iran retaliated and made no secret about it, they would be setting in motion the deaths of thousands of their citizens.

Our rights mean nothing without the weapons to defend them.
No that's stupid. Our rights mean nothing without a government to defend them.
Oh really? There's a government to keep an eye on us, and keep us under surveillance 24×7, just for our own benefit, to make sure all our shit don't be stole and big bad bullies don't beat us up on the street?

Your house isn't in in business anymore, unless that's the Indiana State Prison system.

Our rights mean nothing without the weapons to defend them.
No that's stupid. Our rights mean nothing without a government to defend them.

Historically governments have always been the greatest threat to rights.
The average is about every 300 years or so when a rebellion becomes necessary to end the ever growing government corruption.
Corruption is inherent to all government.
To have rights, you have to be willing to defeat government when it inevitably becomes corrupt enough.

There is no such thing as a right to revenge under the Law (big L).

Wrong.
The whole point of law is revenge so the there will be a deterrent against repetition of similar crimes in the future.
The fact we try to carry it out in the least emotional way possible, does not mean revenge is still not the main underlaying rational.
A legal system that did not satisfy the relatives of the victims, would never last more than a day.
The fact the US thinks itself above the law, forces the legal process of revenge to be less judicial, but it is still law to enact retribution when all other means are denied.
If you think law requires a courtroom, you are mistaken.
Courtrooms are the best way, but retribution most certainly is legal if there is no other way.

If a country such as Iran retaliated and made no secret about it, they would be setting in motion the deaths of thousands of their citizens.

No they would not.
If the US was involved, then no one would have a right or desire to do anything about Iranian retaliation.
I would just hope they would limit it to DC, and not innocents.

Wrong.
The whole point of law is revenge so the there will be a deterrent against repetition of similar crimes in the future.
The fact we try to carry it out in the least emotional way possible, does not mean revenge is still not the main underlaying rational.
A legal system that did not satisfy the relatives of the victims, would never last more than a day.
The fact the US thinks itself above the law, forces the legal process of revenge to be less judicial, but it is still law to enact retribution when all other means are denied.
Courtrooms are the best way, but retribution most certainly is legal if there is no other way.
You have a sad twisted view of Law. You begin with an errant premise. The whole point of Law is the protection of the innocent. It is a majority political assumption that revenge accomplishes this. I suppose that you take solace in knowing that you are in the majority.

Wrong.
You have a sad twisted view of Law. You begin with an errant premise. The whole point of Law is the protection of the innocent. It is a majority political assumption that revenge accomplishes this. I suppose that you take solace in knowing that you are in the majority.

And how do you propose to protect, if not through a deterrent?

It depends on what kind of an American you are as to how you answer that question. If you are a fool who shouts. “My Country is always right!” You’re Juvenile. A child who would be arguing that My Dad can beat up your Dad.

If you argue that it is. “My Country Right or Wrong!” Than you’re a idiotic fool who would support the Nazi’s if they were in the nation, no matter what evil they have done.

You might be one of those. “Might makes Right!” Those idiots have not considered. If Might and Power are the only things that determine what is right, moral, and just, then we should turn as one towards China and ask. “Yes Master?” Because China has the might to make us don’t they?

I mean if war came between us we would be destroyed in a year, no more. Before you scoff and point at Stealth Porta John’s, wait a minute scooter. The electronics that keep those planes flying are built in China. Trade is unlikely to continue during a war and in a few months all those amazing planes would be grounded and unflyable. They all need several computers to keep the plane in the air.

But drones and smart bombs you say? Guess what. The computer components are made in China. So how long before we run out? A couple months max.

And even if that was not the case. We can’t invade China. So what do we fight to? We can’t invade. They can outlast us. How do we win? Nuke them? Ok. So we nuke the supplier of our electronics. In a year we are left with the military we had in Korea. And we are invaded by anyone dumb enough to actually show up and take over a destitute nation with rampant unemployment.

Forum List

Back