If the National anthem is political....

The National Anthem is apolitical. Bipartisan.

But using it as a political cudgel is pure Trumpian.

So you’re not making a political statement by standing for it. That’s the argument some on the left have. It’s a bogus argument
There was one voice that chastised the protesting players. One voice calling them sons of bitches. One voice calling for them to be fired.

Trumpians and their leader don't like Black people when they protest loudly (see Black Lives Matter). And they don't like,it whenBlack people protest silently (see the anthem curfluffle). One might rightly assume, therefore, Trump and his minions just don't like Black people at all. And using the National Anthem as an aegis in their outrage flies in the face of all things good and proper and fitting about our nation.
No, "one" might not. When blacks protest, (see black lives don't matter anymore than anyone else's), business get looted and cities get burnt to the ground, and when black people kneel during the National Anthem, they're just pissing on the flag and our Anthem. Anyone with a lick of common sense knows this.

President Trump didn't invent patriotism or love for our country. It's been around since long before he was born, as was our flag and anthem. He invited these coddled, disrespectful blacks to the White House to tell him their grievances. I haven't heard of any of them taking him up on his offer yet. Seems as though they have a lot more fun pissing on our flag and national anthem then being sincere about their grievances.

you're not fooling anyone, pole.

So you’re not making a political statement by standing for it. That’s the argument some on the left have. It’s a bogus argument
There was one voice that chastised the protesting players. One voice calling them sons of bitches. One voice calling for them to be fired.

Trumpians and their leader don't like Black people when they protest loudly (see Black Lives Matter). And they don't like,it whenBlack people protest silently (see the anthem curfluffle). One might rightly assume, therefore, Trump and his minions just don't like Black people at all. And using the National Anthem as an aegis in their outrage flies in the face of all things good and proper and fitting about our nation.

There was only ONE voice?

or , you only heard one?

(I heard many)

No, "one" might not. When blacks protest, (see black lives don't matter anymore than anyone else's), business get looted and cities get burnt to the ground, and when black people kneel during the National Anthem, they're just pissing on the flag and our Anthem. Anyone with a lick of common sense knows this.

President Trump didn't invent patriotism or love for our country. It's been around since long before he was born, as was our flag and anthem. He invited these coddled, disrespectful blacks to the White House to tell him their grievances. I haven't heard of any of them taking him up on his offer yet. Seems as though they have a lot more fun pissing on our flag and national anthem then being sincere about their grievances.
One kneels to pray. How is kneeling equivalent to "pissing on the flag"?

Everyone knows it’s proper decorum to stand
What constitutes improper decorum? I've been to lots of sporting events. The National Anthem is popularly a time to go to the restroom or get a beer. Are those fans being disrespectful?

I've also had lots of projects on U.S. Navy bases around the world. At 8:00 am the National Anthem is played and al Navy personnel outside at the time stop, face the flag and salute. I even got into that habit when the Anthem was played on base, and I was a civilian contractor.

But I reserve the right to respectfully protest as an American citizen.

There was only ONE voice?

or , you only heard one?

(I heard many)

Indeed. Even before Trump was in office

What constitutes improper decorum? I've been to lots of sporting events. The National Anthem is popularly a time to go to the restroom or get a beer. Are those fans being disrespectful?

I've also had lots of projects on U.S. Navy bases around the world. At 8:00 am the National Anthem is played and al Navy personnel outside at the time stop, face the flag and salute. I even got into that habit when the Anthem was played on base, and I was a civilian contractor.

Everyone knows the proper way to pay respect to the anthem. Standing up, taking your hat off, placing your hand on your heart. Kneeling is a provocation. That’s exactly what it’s meant to be. If your not standing attention, yes, you are being disrespectful

You are not constitutionally required to stand for it.
And?

And the fact is taking a knee for the anthem was a poliical statement by those doing it. The obsession the right has with trying to tell us how wrong we are about everything when everything the right has tried failed miserably is sickening. Why not just STFU if you are a conservative because we've seen your stuff fail and liberals have had to save the country every single time after you guys come up with one of your "brilliant" ideas.

We are not constitutionally required to stand during the anthem so you yakking about standing has no constitutional basis. Nor does Trumps. I can determine what method of peaceful protest I will use to air any grievance I want and I can declare it to be political if I choose to.

Oh and you can protest, but your employer has the right to reprimand or even fire you for it if you do it at work

Everyone knows the proper way to pay respect to the anthem. Standing up, taking your hat off, placing your hand on your heart. Kneeling is a provocation. That’s exactly what it’s meant to be. If your not standing attention, yes, you are being disrespectful

None if that is required.

Oh and you can protest, but your employer has the right to reprimand or even fire you for it if you do it at work

Not according to the law.

Passed around 1943 because, well, you know, the US isn't nazi/kkk/fascism ruled.

Deal with it..

And you can talk crazy but those NFL owners are not going to fire star players, lose games and lose millions of dollars.

And?

And the fact is taking a knee for the anthem was a poliical statement by those doing it. The obsession the right has with trying to tell us how wrong we are about everything when everything the right has tried failed miserably is sickening. Why not just STFU if you are a conservative because we've seen your stuff fail and liberals have had to save the country every single time after you guys come up with one of your "brilliant" ideas.

We are not constitutionally required to stand during the anthem so you yakking about standing has no constitutional basis. Nor does Trumps. I can determine what method of peaceful protest I will use to air any grievance I want and I can declare it to be political if I choose to.

Thank you for admitting taking a knee was a political statement. Myself, as well as others felt your message got blurred because of the way in which you chose to protest. The players offended a lot of ppl in the process, even though that might not have been their intention

Uber butthurt over a song, no response to a bugwit destroying our alliances with all of our closest allies.

The 'feelings' of people that have no clue why any country needs a Constitution.

This debate has been going on for awhile now. Both sides have been passionate about it. There are those on the left that want to take the anthem out of sports, because they feel it’s political and by making players stand they are forcing a brand of politics on them. This thread is to clarify that that is a bogus claim.

What do you think forcing people to stand for the anthem is about?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Uber butthurt over a song, no response to a bugwit destroying our alliances with all of our closest allies.

The 'feelings' of people that have no clue why any country needs a Constitution.

This debate has been going on for awhile now. Both sides have been passionate about it. There are those on the left that want to take the anthem out of sports, because they feel it’s political and by making players stand they are forcing a brand of politics on them. This thread is to clarify that that is a bogus claim.

Let me ask you this - who’s doing the forcing?

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette

Learn what that decision means Rocko.

so you go around and remind the people buying beers and hot dogs and taking a leak how disrespectful they are, right?

:rofl:

The NFL. They can stand in public or kneel in a locker room.

Also the President shouldn't weigh in on this as he is borderline making this a first amendment issue if the NFL feels it's being pushed to make these rules by influence of the government.

The NFL. They can stand in public or kneel in a locker room.

Also the President shouldn't weigh in on this as he is borderline making this a first amendment issue if the NFL feels it's being pushed to make these rules by influence of the government.

The NFL is protecting its brand, which it has every right to do? Don’t ya think?

And?

Thank you for admitting taking a knee was a political statement. Myself, as well as others felt your message got blurred because of the way in which you chose to protest. The players offended a lot of ppl in the process, even though that might not have been their intention

The message didn't get blurred you chose to be blinded by your willingness to listen and obey Donald Trump. The players did not offend as many as you would like to think.

Forum List

Back