If people were always to worry about being seen as "virtue signalling" they would have no desire to do good things

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
that is not good, obviously..

if you wait until some good deed comes along that .. say, no one will find out about.. well, those opportunities present themselves.. But sometimes you have to do something good while taking the risk someone will accuse you of virtue signalling.

You just cannot care about what people say like that..

If you do, you will never do a good deed.. will probably end up doing bad ones..

I don't get it, if you do a good deed then just feel good about it and go about your day. I don't need to hear about it.

The rub is when you try to tell me what good deeds I should be doing....That's virtue signaling.

• Banned
I don't get it, if you do a good deed then just feel good about it and go about your day. I don't need to hear about it.

The rub is when you try to tell me what good deeds I should be doing....That's virtue signaling.
ok, maybe i should have been more clear

I am saying that sometimes you have to ACT in some situation.. trying to think of an example.. and when people view this act, they will accuse you of virtue signaling.. as though you did it just for that reason, to look good. Here's an example: You stop at an intersection to give money to a homeless person.. think to yourself "The p erson behind me thinks I am just virtue signalling.."

So if you are worried about being accused of this.. you will refrain from doing certain things in front of people.. But those things still need to be done no matter what anyone accuses u of..

We need to get over this thing about caring what people think

Forum List

Back