If Only Democrats Would Stop Lying.......or Being Clueless

You accused Pete of lying...

1. Buttigieg said "our country is doing the worst of any developed nation, when it come to dealing with the coronavirus"

LIE! The US has a very low death rate (only 3.14%) relative to many developed and undeveloped countries. This is lower than Italy, UK, France , Belgium, Hungary, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, Canada, Sweden, Ireland, Iran, Egypt, China, Switzerland, Finland, Romania, Germany, Denmark, Bulgaria, Portugal, Lithuania, Poland, Brazil.

That is not a lie...
1. This is about dealing with the virus not the outcome. Some countries got hit harder and earlier that the US and then dealt with it better than the US..
You only want to count Deaths today... Not present infection rates, the lack of a major response, lack of coordination, ...

As for your country list... Mexico, Brazil, Eygpt , China... are not developed nations. There is also the under reporting in that excess deaths numbers per captia in US is worse than all the other apart from UK...
I could say UK is doing worse than the US but look at the numbers today... UK is averaging about 10 deaths a day for the last week... US is about a 1000 a day...
So it is clearly not lie, hardly bent the truth...

Not likely a statement doesn't make it a lie. Now calling Pete's response a lie wasn't necessarily a lie either as you could be misinformed and asked what you believe to be truthful... This could because you are gullible and easily manipulated by power of suggestion.
That is one of the absolute DUMBEST posts I've seen in a long time. so reducing the death rate of the virus is not dealing with it ? HA HA HA. I have to laugh. coudn;t contain myself.

Earth to Cowboy Ted: Reducing Covid deaths is not only dealing with the virus, it is the MOST IMPORTANT part of that dealing.

Now let's take each of your IDIOTIC statement s one by one.

1. " lack of a major response, lack of coordination," Yeah ? Here's question for you, since you're claiming there was a lack of major response (maybe you think the death rate has plummetd all on it own, huh ?), that indicates that you have set a definition for what response there has been, so what is your TOTAL assessment of that response ?

2. "infection rates" are something that has little to do with the POTUS, as liar Buttigieg tried to claim. It has more to do with millions of people all over the country taking precautions or not (social distancing, avoiding closely packed crowds, etc).

1598362122422.png

3. We come back to definitions again, what is your definition of a "developed country" ? Note that I said >> "relative to many developed and undeveloped countries" And in my list I included many developed countries which don't have as low a Covid mortality rate as the US (Italy, UK, France , Belgium, Hungary, , Netherlands, Spain, Canada, Sweden, Ireland, , Switzerland, Finland, Romania, Germany, Denmark, Bulgaria, Portugal, Lithuania, Poland)

Developed Countries List 2020

4. So the US Covid death rate is at about 1,000/day Covid deaths huh ? Let me guess where you might have picked up that VERY WRONG number. CNN ? MSNBC ? NBC ? ABC ? CBS ? PBS ? The New York Laughingstock Times ? Washington Post ?
The correct number is 2307/WEEK (ie. 329/day)

5. So yes, Buttigieg was lying. Now calling Buttigieg's response the truth wasn't necessarily a lie either, as you could be misinformed, and asked what you believe to be truthful... This could because you are gullible and easily manipulated by power of suggestion.

That is still a problem since inequality was rising under right wing policies, even with the lowest unemployment in history.

Housing is still a problem for the Poor and the Rich have no problem making money off of that instead of paying taxes or coming up with better solutions at lower cost. And, your allegation of "income doubling" for the Poor is just right wing, made up fantasy or overly simplistic.

From 1978 to 2018, inflation-adjusted compensation based on realized stock options of the top CEOs increased 940.3%. The increase was more than 25–33% greater than stock market growth (depending on which stock market index is used) and substantially greater than the painfully slow 11.9% growth in a typical worker’s annual compensation over the same period. Measured using the value of stock options granted, CEO compensation rose 1,007.5% from 1978 to 2018.

I can't take righ wingers seriously about inequality unless they complain about (corporate) Welfare for the Rich nine hundred times more than they complain about social welfare for the Poor.
FALSE! NO, it is NOT a problem, as I just explained. Are you dense ? Here it is again, - Give it another try >>"If I have an income of $20,000/year, it matters more to me if my income doubles, than if some millionaire's income triples."

I did not make an "allegation" of anybody's income doubling. I used the words doubles an triples only to express a point, and an easy one to grasp, which you seem to be unable to do. I also used the word IF, thereby denoting a hypothetical case. You have trouble with that too ?

All your explanations about moot to me. If you care so much about some CEO;s income being too high go wave a protest sign outside their company's HQ. In the meantime, the poor in America, blacks, Hispanics, Asian, women, veterans, and people without a high school diploma, are all doing better than they ever have and EVERYBODY's median income is the highest in US history.

BTW, US charities receive over 90% of their income from the top 10% income bracket.

Lastly, I can't take left wingers seriously about inequality, unless they complain about the unequal access given to beneficiaries of AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (blacks/Hispanics), at the expense of its victims (whites/Asians). As yet, I haven't heard any complaints from that about that, in fact right now, in California, they are seeking to increase that inequality, by repealing a ban of Affirmative Action discrimination.

Forum List

Back