If God is all powerful...

Taz

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2014
...Why does it makes babies with cancer, or retarded, or deformed, or in pain, or even with all of that together? Is god not capable of a perfect creation? Is it a punishment of some sort?

Obviously he isnt capable of a perfect creation.
Even his Earth is flawed.

God doesn't "make babies". You do. He also doesn't control this shithole. Satan does.
Remember the part in that old book where He offered Yeshua all of the kingdoms of the earth ? Yeshu told hin to fuck off and refused but many, like your so-called founders, gladly accepted the one nation under the god of this earth. Get it ?

...Why does it makes babies with cancer, or retarded, or deformed, or in pain, or even with all of that together? Is god not capable of a perfect creation? Is it a punishment of some sort?

Should a God conform to your parameters of his form? Why would he? Could making God in your own image have disappointed you?

Best guess? God created it all. All of it was good. Perhaps it was all even perfect. Then the rest of everything happened. What I'm talking about is personal responsibility both on an individual and species level. Where I'm going with this is God made things--us included--then we messed it up/are still messing it up. In my opinion we need to take responsibility for most all the bad things you mention, not blame them on God. That's the biggest cop-out of all time. We need to take responsibility for misuse of free will, much the same way society holds us to standards defined by laws of other men.

It's all so constraining isn't it? This belief in God.

• Banned
God doesn't "make babies". You do. He also doesn't control this shithole. Satan does.
Remember the part in that old book where He offered Yeshua all of the kingdoms of the earth ? Yeshu told hin to fuck off and refused but many, like your so-called founders, gladly accepted the one nation under the god of this earth. Get it ?
But if god is all powerful, couldn't it defeat satan?

• Banned

Should a God conform to your parameters of his form? Why would he? Could making God in your own image have disappointed you?

Best guess? God created it all. All of it was good. Perhaps it was all even perfect. Then the rest of everything happened. What I'm talking about is personal responsibility both on an individual and species level. Where I'm going with this is God made things--us included--then we messed it up/are still messing it up. In my opinion we need to take responsibility for most all the bad things you mention, not blame them on God. That's the biggest cop-out of all time. We need to take responsibility for misuse of free will, much the same way society holds us to standards defined by laws of other men.

But if god created it all, why did he create imperfect humans? And you never answered why god made cancer, retardation...? Why didn't it give us a free will that wasn't fucked up?

/----/ God doesn't answer to you, Bozo.

But if god created it all, why did he create imperfect humans? And you never answered why god made cancer, retardation...? Why didn't it give us a free will that wasn't fucked up?

But I did answer. We fucked it all up. Our scientifically engineered society twisted it all to shit--including disease, defect, etc. We fucked up free will. God didn't. Now if we could only swallow that ultimate pill of shit responsibility for our own actions. Actions resulting in the consequences you question.

He did. When Jesus and his followers preached the kingdom, evil began to fall from heaven, or the ruling places (Lk 10:18).

Sin does not reign in the kingdom of God.

God lets Satan control the Earth?

Wow, God is some kind of pussy, eh?

Personal Responsibility.

Let's look at a basic human family, for instance. Mother and father conceive child. Child is born. Biological life was created by the actions of the parents. While very young responsibility for child lies with mom and dad--and to a lesser extent, the child learns slowly to accept responsibility for actions of self as well.

After some point years later mom and dad must surrender full responsibility to their child who is now an adult. Free will kicks in. A bully at school kicks the child's ass or a group of other kids pressure the child into using. Mom and dad cannot stop every other kid from negatively influencing their child. The only way to that is to kill them all.

Or, the child develops a penchant for torturing kittens. Do mother and father kill their child to prevent further violence, or is free will conditional? Does responsibility for preventing evil acts of the child extend to the parents the burden or right to take their child out of the world same as they brought him in order to prevent further crime?

True unadulterated free will cannot exist without personal responsibility. If we are not accountable for our actions at least to ourselves then who else are we appointing to be our masters?

I imagine Satan as a creation or child of God to be the same as human child to parent. What if Satan was one body divided into billions? You know, just like the INXS song? For God to wipe out Satan he'd have to take out the rest of us in the process. Came close with the flood? Point is, you can't throw out personal responsibility and expect no consequence for your own behavior.

He did. When Jesus and his followers preached the kingdom, evil began to fall from heaven, or the ruling places (Lk 10:18).

Sin does not reign in the kingdom of God.
So why is there so much sin in the world?

But I did answer. We fucked it all up. Our scientifically engineered society twisted it all to shit--including disease, defect, etc. We fucked up free will. God didn't. Now if we could only swallow that ultimate pill of shit responsibility for our own actions. Actions resulting in the consequences you question.
No, but why did god make it so we could fuck everything up?

Taz, I have family members dying as we speak from Cancer, I've lost a child, I've seen wonderful hard working co workers die of lung cancer and other illnesses and I've seen friends succumb to tragedies......and I say and pray to God, why, why why and he answers why not....We, all of us are here for such a short period of time and in that time, we must always adhere and remember that the works we put down, all is for the glory of being with our Lord and Savor some day.....this life is not eternal, but the after life is. Babies go to heaven, good people will go to heaven....grieve and then give praise...for the arms of Jesus is magnificent.

Taz, I have family members dying as we speak from Cancer, I've lost a child, I've seen wonderful hard working co workers die of lung cancer and other illnesses and I've seen friends succumb to tragedies......and I say and pray to God, why, why why and he answers why not....We, all of us are here for such a short period of time and in that time, we must always adhere and remember that the works we put down, all is for the glory of being with our Lord and Savor some day.....this life is not eternal, but the after life is. Babies go to heaven, good people will go to heaven....grieve and then give praise...for the arms of Jesus is magnificent.
So you don't know. Got it.

Personal Responsibility.

Let's look at a basic human family, for instance. Mother and father conceive child. Child is born. Biological life was created by the actions of the parents. While very young responsibility for child lies with mom and dad--and to a lesser extent, the child learns slowly to accept responsibility for actions of self as well.

After some point years later mom and dad must surrender full responsibility to their child who is now an adult. Free will kicks in. A bully at school kicks the child's ass or a group of other kids pressure the child into using. Mom and dad cannot stop every other kid from negatively influencing their child. The only way to that is to kill them all.

Or, the child develops a penchant for torturing kittens. Do mother and father kill their child to prevent further violence, or is free will conditional? Does responsibility for preventing evil acts of the child extend to the parents the burden or right to take their child out of the world same as they brought him in order to prevent further crime?

True unadulterated free will cannot exist without personal responsibility. If we are not accountable for our actions at least to ourselves then who else are we appointing to be our masters?

I imagine Satan as a creation or child of God to be the same as human child to parent. What if Satan was one body divided into billions? You know, just like the INXS song? For God to wipe out Satan he'd have to take out the rest of us in the process. Came close with the flood? Point is, you can't throw out personal responsibility and expect no consequence for your own behavior.
Personal responsibility? I thought Satan was responsible .You're not making sense.

Forum List

Back