If elected Los Angeles mayor, Dem Rep. Karen Bass wants to house 15,000 homeless people in first year

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
vote for her, celebs!

" she didn’t specify exactly what proportion of those people would go into permanent housing, as opposed to interim housing such as bunk-style shelters, tiny homes or rented hotel rooms.

She was also unwilling to lend her support to a recently announced ballot initiative backed by housing advocates, labor unions and progressive activist groups that would increase taxes on real estate transactions in the city to fund permanent housing for homeless people and those at risk of ending up on the street."

FJFGsemVgAEsyxl

Last edited:
  • Banned
from the article:

“There has to be a comprehensive response,” Bass said, speaking at the vacant St. Vincent Medical Center near downtown. “We need housing, we need temporary housing, we need to get people off the streets, immediately. ... The bottom line is people will not be allowed to live on the streets. There are just some things that you don’t do outside, and sleeping is one of them.”

Reba Stevens, a county mental health commissioner who is formerly homeless, described her own battles with depression and substance-use disorder. She was housed and then returned to the streets twice before finally finding the adequate mental health support to help her.

That was a long journey, but it made her appreciate how helping people on the streets is more than just placing a roof over her head. She said she believes Bass understands that more than any other candidate.

from the article:

“There has to be a comprehensive response,” Bass said, speaking at the vacant St. Vincent Medical Center near downtown. “We need housing, we need temporary housing, we need to get people off the streets, immediately. ... The bottom line is people will not be allowed to live on the streets. There are just some things that you don’t do outside, and sleeping is one of them.”
All been tried countless times before.....waste the taxpayer money and create a new slum.

Who's gonna pay to house all those drug addicts, wanted felons, and nutbags?
Wherever they land, you can guarantee it'll be reduced to uninhabitable shit-hole status within a year.
Wash, rinse, repreat.

If they are given long term mental health and drug rehabilitation, they can become productive members of society.
They are productive..collectively they produce approximately 4,800,000 lbs of shit for the sidewalks. It's impressive really.

I work and pay taxes so I should be included in the free housing. I would like a nice 3/4 bedroom in Calabassas

vote for her, celebs!

" she didn’t specify exactly what proportion of those people would go into permanent housing, as opposed to interim housing such as bunk-style shelters, tiny homes or rented hotel rooms.

She was also unwilling to lend her support to a recently announced ballot initiative backed by housing advocates, labor unions and progressive activist groups that would increase taxes on real estate transactions in the city to fund permanent housing for homeless people and those at risk of ending up on the street."

FJFGsemVgAEsyxl

This stupid shit will cost Angelenos $ 839,000 per homeless person.

There are highly valued multi unit properties in Burbank going for less than that.

As usual, lefties just want to throw money at the problem and hope it goes away

Maybe I should become homeless. Then I can get a free 839,000 dollar house from the city

Forum List

Back