If Congress Dosen't Cooperate On The Wall

A lot of people forget that we the people voted for a wall 10 years ago. It was illegally stopped by the Obama administration. The money was approved but the swamp with backdoor payments did what they always do and sided with the big donors over the people. This is one of the reasons Trump won so it either gets done or the GOP will not look the same in 2018. Many old faces will be gone.

Got a link to back up your claims, both about the approval and funding, and that Obama illegally stopped the wall from being built?

I find it absolutely astounding that anyone believed that Trump would actually get Mexico to pay for the wall. Now? Trump is threatening to hold the government hostage until Congress approves taxpayer money to build it. Not only are the Trump voters getting screwed for the cost of the wall, but they are also going to get screwed if they work for the government or get any kind of government check.

The active duty military and the retired vets are gonna be pissed.......

What a drama queen, all mandatory payments have been made during every shutdown. Only furloughed workers will be temporarily affected.

I was on active duty when the shutdown happened in the mid 90's. No, the military did NOT get paid during the time of the shutdown, they had to wait until the government opened back up to get their checks. Navy Relief was busy as hell during those three weeks giving loans to people who had to meet rent.

I was active duty 82-2000 on my last tour, I always got paid. Are you sure you're not misremembering?

Nope, because during that time, all the civilians were sent home, which left the PSD at only about 45 percent manning. I also remember the civilians calling us on a daily basis to ask if we had heard anything about when they could come back.

Like I said, the military missed their check on the 15th, but they were paid on the 24th, when the government reopened.

How about a link.

A lot of people forget that we the people voted for a wall 10 years ago. It was illegally stopped by the Obama administration. The money was approved but the swamp with backdoor payments did what they always do and sided with the big donors over the people. This is one of the reasons Trump won so it either gets done or the GOP will not look the same in 2018. Many old faces will be gone.

Got a link to back up your claims, both about the approval and funding, and that Obama illegally stopped the wall from being built?

I find it absolutely astounding that anyone believed that Trump would actually get Mexico to pay for the wall. Now? Trump is threatening to hold the government hostage until Congress approves taxpayer money to build it. Not only are the Trump voters getting screwed for the cost of the wall, but they are also going to get screwed if they work for the government or get any kind of government check.

The active duty military and the retired vets are gonna be pissed.......

What a drama queen, all mandatory payments have been made during every shutdown. Only furloughed workers will be temporarily affected.

I was on active duty when the shutdown happened in the mid 90's. No, the military did NOT get paid during the time of the shutdown, they had to wait until the government opened back up to get their checks. Navy Relief was busy as hell during those three weeks giving loans to people who had to meet rent.

I was active duty 82-2000 on my last tour, I always got paid. Are you sure you're not misremembering?

Your last tour was from 82 to 2000? That is 18 years dude, I know that because my career was from 82 to 02, which is 20 years. By the way, you DO know that the longest period of time you can enlist for is only 6 years right? How the hell did you end up with a "last tour" of 18 years? My last tour was at Amarillo MEPS, and it was ony for two and a half years.

Are you sure you served? If so, why did you leave at 18 years, when you could have had a full retirement in just two more?

I retired with a bit over 21 years, 26 for pay. My first tour (term of service) was 69-72, enlisted in the reserves in 81 and back on active duty in 82. And currently the max initial enlistment can be up to 8 years, the full boat of military obligation, reenlistments are limited to 6 years.

If Congress doesn't obey Trump he should no longer let them have medical care and maybe even cut their salaries.

They will be gone due to Trump's policies...
Trump's policies got him elected, they will be gone if they don't wake up and tell the big donors to back off and get to work on passing something. Right now they are doing nothing.

And Trump's policies will lose them their seats in the Congress and Senate. The most unpopular president ever.

If Congress doesn't obey Trump he should no longer let them have medical care and maybe even cut their salaries.

Interesting, you conservatives bitched continually about how you thought Obama was a dictator, yet you are hoping that Trump actually becomes one.

The reason people are now against the border wall is because they know how much it's going to cost, and that Mexico is not gonna pay for it.

Trump now wants to hold the American people and government hostage over the wall. I thought that Trump had figured out how to make Mexico pay for it. Did he lie to the country?

Interesting, you conservatives bitched continually about how you thought Obama was a dictator, yet you are hoping that Trump actually becomes one.
. Different reasons, different president's, different base, different wants and needs, different attacks or kinds of attacks by those who oppose, so not much has changed other than Trump is actually trying to do the job for the America that elected him. Obama and his minions went along to get along with a few who wanted to control the many.

The reason people are now against the border wall is because they know how much it's going to cost, and that Mexico is not gonna pay for it.

Trump now wants to hold the American people and government hostage over the wall. I thought that Trump had figured out how to make Mexico pay for it. Did he lie to the country?
. He's making Mexico pay by stopping illegal immigration to this country, and stopping the tragic economic effects it has caused for so many working class American's. I'd say he hasn't gone far enough. I would be daring American businesses to hire one illegal, because if caught they would no longer own or operate an American company/business in this nation again.

If Congress Dosen't Cooperate On The Wall.......

There's nothing Trump can do about it
Obviously the important move at this point is to try and remove as many obstacles in the house and senate as he can. Starting with Flake in AZ his opponent is ahead of him in double digits...

If Congress Dosen't Cooperate On The Wall.......

There's nothing Trump can do about it
Obviously the important move at this point is to try and remove as many obstacles in the house and senate as he can. Starting with Flake in AZ his opponent is ahead of him in double digits...

Trump doesn't have congressional support for a wall. There's nothing he can do about it.

Trump doesn't have congressional support for a wall. There's nothing he can do about it.
I guess you missed my point, he will have to work to change the minds in congress or change the people in congress. He has that power. The rank and file of the GOP are with him 100% and will vote as he asks them to vote.

I guess you missed my point, he will have to work to change the minds in congress or change the people in congress. He has that power. The rank and file of the GOP are with him 100% and will vote as he asks them to vote.

No, they won't. Watch and see.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill....l-voters-oppose-trump-border-wall-funding?amp

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill....long-mexico-border-support-funding-trumps?amp

Forum List

Back