Idea: Nakba day turns Sulhah day (poll)

Leave politics behind, as an idea to heal the wounds - good or bad?

• Good

• Bad

• Great!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Guys I'm not saying anyone who disagrees with the idea is specifically wrong by definition.
It matters where this rejection is coming from.

But what if a critical mass was to be reached,
are You saying You would oppose it?

To my big surprise even my most extreme friend liked the Sulhah idea,
and I was preparing for a LOUD thrashing...a guy who didn't accept anything but transfer.

He loves Rudy, it's quiet strange how unexpected opinions can shift.

Here's a new one:

Sorry; the more I think about it, I can’t accept Sulhah Day.

From JVL:

On May 15, 1948, the day the British Mandate over Palestine ended, the armies of five neighboring Arab states invaded the new State of Israel, which had declared its independence the previous day. The invasion, heralded by an Egyptian air attack on Tel Aviv, was vigorously resisted. From the north, east and south came the armies of Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Transjordan, and Egypt.

The invading forces were fully equipped with the standard weapons of a regular army of the time - artillery, tanks, armored cars and personnel carriers, in addition to machine guns, mortars and the usual small arms in great quantities, and full supplies of ammunition, oil, and gasoline. Further, Egypt, Iraq, and Syria had air forces. As sovereign states, they had no difficulty (as had the pre-state Jewish defense force) in securing whatever armaments they needed through normal channels from Britain and other friendly powers.

Thanks for the input.

Ok, I sure can understand that.

Here's the question: if Israelis still went along, and actually managed to pull this thing,
do You think that would cause a rift, or serious misunderstanding among us Jews?

The Israelis have done too many things to achieve peace. And what has it brought?

Remember the Jewish mothers, who had lost sons in the IDF? Willing to trade land for peace? And we all saw how that turned out.

Yes, of course...vividly.

No one says land for peace.
I'm saying acting as sovereign owners, extending hospitality.

Hospitality under Jewish sovereignty.
Because that's the most they can expect.

Aaaand I'm talking about the last time, if this one refused,
they'll have no one to communicate in the next generation on our side, it's total submission.

The point being, they were willing to give up anything and everything to cease the carnage of their children. And in the end, what did it bring?

Foreign influence, Tunisian thugs, the PA...

That's the point - reverse of all that.
The beauty of the thing is we don't have to give an iota.

There's of course a more philosophical argument to be made on the essence of honor...
But I think more life brings more honor, and if this does, why not.

Again, I'm not trying to convince, really want to hear those opinions.
Can't know if we don't discuss.

Forum List

Back