ICE vehicles far more energy efficient than EV's

Except as I have already pointed out other than unconventional tax credits - which lowered tax payments - no oil company was ever subsidized to produce oil and gas.

Direct Subsidies

Intangible Drilling Costs Deduction (26 U.S. Code § 263. Active). This provision allows companies to deduct a majority of the costs incurred from drilling new wells domestically. In its analysis of President Trump’s Fiscal Year 2017 Budget Proposal, the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) estimated that eliminating tax breaks for intangible drilling costs would generate $1.59 billion in revenue in 2017, or $13 billion in the next ten years.

(SOURCE)

(I love how you guys treat tax concessions as something other than a subsidy. LOL. Unfortunately the actual professionals in this field DO call them subsidies.)

Hey what can I say? After yesterday's Musk news, I'm giddy.

I was telling some friends who were excited by Musk's buying Twitter that it was going to invite all the trolls and sh*tposters from all over because it will have no moderation and it will become an internet sewer.

You just made my day by proving me correct!

I was telling some friends who were excited by Musk's buying Twitter that it was going to invite all the trolls and sh*tposters from all over because it will have no moderation and it will become an internet sewer.

You just made my day by proving me correct!

Indeed...the sewer...now with Dark MAGA btw....will be glorious!

XxeLTSZNlj23-600x636.jpeg

Direct Subsidies

Intangible Drilling Costs Deduction (26 U.S. Code § 263. Active). This provision allows companies to deduct a majority of the costs incurred from drilling new wells domestically. In its analysis of President Trump’s Fiscal Year 2017 Budget Proposal, the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) estimated that eliminating tax breaks for intangible drilling costs would generate $1.59 billion in revenue in 2017, or $13 billion in the next ten years.

(SOURCE)

(I love how you guys treat tax concessions as something other than a subsidy. LOL. Unfortunately the actual professionals in this field DO call them subsidies.)
Intangible and tangible capital or expense costs of doing any business are tax deductible, dummy.

Incorrect. Standard deductions that ALL businesses make everyday.

We were talking about the DIRECT SUBSIDIES that petroleum companies get for drilling wells. You know, the stuff you, a "petroleum" guy (lol) said they never get?

Yeah. The actual EXPERTS disagree with you...yet again!

Not sure what your game is, but you aren't working it too hard. Lazy?

We were talking about the DIRECT SUBSIDIES that petroleum companies get for drilling wells. You know, the stuff you, a "petroleum" guy (lol) said they never get?

Yeah. The actual EXPERTS disagree with you...yet again!

Not sure what your game is, but you aren't working it too hard. Lazy?
If I own any business and spend capital dollars they get to be written off for tax purposes through depreciation. If I own any business and spend expense dollars they get to be written off for tax purposes immediately. What part of that didn't you understand?

If I own any business and spend capital dollars they get to be written off for tax purposes through depreciation. If I own any business and spend expense dollars they get to be written off for tax purposes immediately. What part of that didn't you understand?

No, I understood DIRECT SUBSIDIES which is what I posted. That's what the experts call them.

Direct subsidies for petroleum exploration.

But it's not like you would know anything about the petroleum industry. LOL.

I suspect there is ONE oil field you actually DO know about. It's up in the North Sea in the Norwegian sector. Just west of Kollsnes, near Bergen. Ring any bells? It is related to the Middle and Upper Heather, Fensfjord and Sognefjord formations. Sound familiar?

Yeah. Figured as much.

No, I understood DIRECT SUBSIDIES which is what I posted. That's what the experts call them.

Direct subsidies for petroleum exploration.

But it's not like you would know anything about the petroleum industry. LOL.

I suspect there is ONE oil field you actually DO know about. It's up in the North Sea in the Norwegian sector. Just west of Kollsnes, near Bergen. Ring any bells? It is related to the Middle and Upper Heather, Fensfjord and Sognefjord formations. Sound familiar?

Yeah. Figured as much.
This is how I know you are a poser. You regurgitate things from the internet without any basic understanding of what you post means.

Forum List

Back