I wonder if it's just my local Post Office

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
Maybe you've had this happen to you lately?
Numerous times now lately I have waited patiently for packages to arrive from China.

Usually about a month. Sometimes a little more. Patient.

Only to have the package arrive at the LOCAL POST office (Last Mile Carrier) and drop off the face of the planet.
Never to be heard from again.

The Post Office is very quick to blame the coronavirus.
Yet no one that I can determine is taking time off. The usual staff is there every day.
Everyone is still there and most definitely still on the dole.

I firmly believe this is the end result of Union interference with productivity.
Your Union dues paid are your assurance of security regardless or in the face of any lack of productivity.
Not to mention anything the government sticks it's chubby fingers in gets stinky.

Numerous times now lately I have waited patiently for packages to arrive from China.
I wouldn't be ordering something from China myself on my owh behalf if it was something I could get it that easily from a U.S. supplier. Some small item or another I can't find anywhere else.
Shipped from China via United Arab Emirates Post
I wonder if that's a Uyghur shipping company contract / business relation / shipping partner in China.

Yet no one that I can determine is taking time off. The usual staff is there every day.

How are they "on the dole" if they are working? Do you know what it means?

If they're working at the Post Office, they're on the federal payroll, with all "the usual" federal government employee benefits. I don't know if you call it "on the dole" but most people who word draw some sort of payroll as an entitlement to a day's pay for a day's work. The cost could probably come down quite a bit on the federal employee benefits infrastructure in favor of straight cash wages, which would make people happier, but they can't really do that because then there are other government workers who would lose their jobs because less government would be required to administer it.

It means government workers are making higher wages than the market allows by taking advantage of nearly unlimited "free" money at their disposal (taxes and fees) while doing as little as possible and costing taxpayers as much as possible due to over gracious taxpayer funded "benefits" and union protections. It means the entire free market system is under attack from government entities from local all the way to the Federal level. It the slow creep of Communism.
What's worse, city, state and federal governments are openly competing with private industry by expanding heavily into markets previously allocated to PRIVATE enterprise, such as land development.

Jesus. You actually don't know these things?

The Pay of the Average Government Employee Vs. a Private Sector Employee

You aren't able to assimilate commonly available and common sense information very well are you?

Maybe you've had this happen to you lately?

Usually about a month. Sometimes a little more. Patient.

Only to have the package arrive at the LOCAL POST office (Last Mile Carrier) and drop off the face of the planet.
Never to be heard from again.

The Post Office is very quick to blame the coronavirus.

I firmly believe this is the end result of Union interference with productivity.
Your Union dues paid are your assurance of security regardless or in the face of any lack of productivity.
Not to mention anything the government sticks it's chubby fingers in gets stinky.
I abhor getting packages from USPS, and I hated the day UPS made a deal with them to partially deliver packages. When you are ordering something of value, you need to know when it is going to be sitting on your front porch. UPS is very-very good at the accuracy of their tracking. USPS - sucks at it. I just love when the packages are in transit - and the USPS gives you a 3 or 4 day window... even though the package is at your own post office!

It means government workers are making higher wages than the market allows by taking advantage of nearly unlimited "free" money at their disposal (taxes and fees) while doing as little as possible and costing taxpayers as much as possible due to over gracious taxpayer funded "benefits" and union protections. It means the entire free market system is under attack from government entities from local all the way to the Federal level. It the slow creep of Communism.
What's worse, city, state and federal governments are openly competing with private industry by expanding heavily into markets previously allocated to PRIVATE enterprise, such as land development.

You aren't able to assimilate commonly available and common sense information very well are you?

You don't understand the status of the USPS, and it sure seems like you never worked there.

If they're working at the Post Office, they're on the federal payroll, with all "the usual" federal government employee benefits. I don't know if you call it "on the dole" but most people who word draw some sort of payroll as an entitlement to a day's pay for a day's work. The cost could probably come down quite a bit on the federal employee benefits infrastructure in favor of straight cash wages, which would make people happier, but they can't really do that because then there are other government workers who would lose their jobs because less government would be required to administer it.

As I said, you clearly do not understand what "on the dole" means.

You don't understand the status of the USPS, and it sure seems like you never worked there.

I never worked in Congress either....but I understand how it works.

Did you have a valid point ?

Stop being a pussy.

Don't try to apply YOUR definition of "On The Dole" to the context under which I used it.

Are you familiar with the terms "Subjective" vs "Objective"? Because you act like you are not.

Your claim of "doing as little as possible" is based on ignorance.

Stop being a pussy.

Don't try to apply YOUR definition of "On The Dole" to the context under which I used it.

Are you familiar with the terms "Subjective" vs "Objective"? Because you act like you are not.
The phrase has a meaning. You know it or you don't.

Listen man bunning weenie tard......
It's based on my experience managing people and workers.
I have more business experience in my pinky fingernail than you will ever have.
Ya chalkboard warrior.

It's based on my experience managing people and workers.

At the United States Postal Service?

Wow, I have a dozen late packages now that ALL say ....

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

For at least 10 days now. No movement at all.

I guess I'm the only one out of 335 million Americans and 52 million illegal immigrants.

I've had that happen to a number f things from Amazon lately. They arrive locally, then are never classified "out for delivery" and disappear. I have to reorder.

Forum List

Back