I watched Biden’s speech in Florida with DeSantis

Biden did fine in his speech and imparted some good information for Floridians in need.

Thanks Joe.

Glad to see Joe and Ron forgetting partisan crap and helping the people affected by Ian.

I dont even think Joe mentioned climate change. Good on his speech writer.
It is indeed notable and great to see both working to help Americans in dire need while putting aside political differences for a bit.

Here's the speech by both DeSantis and Biden. I had seen some coverage, but not this. Am watching now....

Biden did fine in his speech and imparted some good information for Floridians in need.

Thanks Joe.

Glad to see Joe and Ron forgetting partisan crap and helping the people affected by Ian.

I dont even think Joe mentioned climate change. Good on his speech writer.
Incredible leadership by DeSantis. From the video in post #2...

Dropping linemen off on islands via helicopter to begin power restoration.
Pine Island has been reconnected to the mainland with a temporary bridge.
Elon Musk repositioned satellites, and they have internet.
5000 miles of roads cleared.
97% of Florida has power.

Biden went through similar efforts and numbers. He also noted that there is huge federal assistance available, including free hotels and up to $38,000 in assistance if your home or car was destroyed. A similar amount is available for repairs to homes. Also low interest loans of up to $2M for small businesses or $200k for homeowners where insurance does not cover their losses.

One final note.... Despite Kamala's efforts to politicize the hurricane and say the Communities of Color would receive priority due to equity, I went to the FEMA website and checked the application.

They don't ask for one's race or ethnicity.

Last edited:

Even in that profane quip, Biden is wrong. Earlier on Wednesday, OPEC embarrassed Biden by rejecting his pleas to maintain production levels and instead doubled its originally discussed plan to reduce 1M barrels per day to a total of 2M fewer barrels released each day. There are countless other examples as well, such as SCOTUS ruling his vaccine mandate unconstitutional or overturning Roe v. Wade despite Biden's objections. Then there's his own party on Capitol Hill that failed to pass key pieces of his legislative agenda. And, of course, there was his own bicycle that, well, put him on the pavement.

C'mon FEMA! $37K would get me right about to square 1.

I'm hangin' tough. Any links to that FEMA assistance?

1665017296633.png

pretty slick....got his little (knownothing) jab in there and i commend gov DeSantis on his great restraint.

Notice how DeSantis gets a bit uncomfortable when Biden made the highly political statement that "this ends all discussion about whether or not we should do something about Climate Change."

Scumbag. FJB.

There was no need for that. It's a hurricane that hit Florida in September. There have been 327 other hurricanes to make landfall in Florida since 1851...

1665017875614.png

[Link]

Notice how DeSantis gets a bit uncomfortable when Biden made the highly political statement that "this ends all discussion about whether or not we should do something about Climate Change."

Scumbag. FJB.

There was no need for that. It's a hurricane that hit Florida in September. There have been 327 other hurricanes to make landfall in Florida since 1851...

View attachment 706166

[Link]

I missed that Joe mentioned climate change…of course he fucking did.

I take back the last sentence of my Original post.

Forum List

Back