I watch Piers Morgan Live...

Well you have never been here,that's pretty obvious but that's fine,you should note though that your Military voted Australia as the best R+R destination...by a country mile.........Americans who visit really love the joint.

Papa,never make asumptions sic about a place or more importantly a people......backward is hardly a worthy comment about a nation that is an advanced, educated and an economically strong society.

steve......your opinion is just that.....an opinion.....not fact.

we think America is very backward in Health Care,Social Security,Aged Care etc,. But with a population your size we know full well that you are incredibly strong and talented in so many areas

Lovely Climate and a Happy People here though who earn a liveable wage and on the whole still work hard to enjoy ourselves as opposed to work to exist.

Come over Papa and try us out like so many Americans have.You may be surprised.steve.

Viva America,Viva Australia.......unlike so many we have freedom........by the way it's "Too Backward for me"

Hey, I said, I wouldn't want to live there, it's okay to visit, I would never want to live there. Military would visit, don't want to stay. It's just an R & R place by your own admission. Which climate is lovely? All of Australia or just parts.

I live in a great climate, I'm surrounded by happy people who work hard and enjoy the fruits of their work.

We love our country and our constitution. Been to Aussieland, it's a nice place to visit, never want to live their, you people aren't free.

Once a penal colony...always a penal colony! ;)

Well parts were,so what.....you mainly got transported for stealing a sheep or some linen etc,.

But I do love Americans who say "Once a Penal Colony..Always a Penal Colony" because the British only started sending convicts to the Great Southern Land,Van Diemens Land,Australia,Paradise.

Only after the American War of Independence:cool:

PRIOR TO THAT,ALL I REPEAT ALL BRITISH CONVICTS WERE SENT TO AMERICA,Asa obviously something you don't know.

I suggest you check out how many Convicts the Brits sent to the States.Now the USA

But one thing I do agree with you though...."Once a Penal Colony " but we are proud of our heritage....something you have swept under the Carpet.........And that's the difference.steve

I'm Good Ain't I Asa'

Last edited:
...now and then just to reaffirm my long held conviction that he is a bona fide, complete idiot. His guests tonight included Mary Catheryn Wicker, a numbnut teacher's union rep that abhors the idea of arming teachers and a spokesman for common sense, whose name I did not catch before they switched to the railroading of Bradley Manning.

The topic revolved around the State of Arkansas deciding to offer teachers that are able and willing to undergo the proper training WITHIN THEIR OWN SCHOOL BUILDING to carry firearms and to react forcefully to shooters invading and taking target practice on the innocent students and teachers therein. Simple common sense tells any lucid person that this approach is infinitely better than maintaining a totally gun free zone in which heavily armed shooters (they do not have to abide by the rules) are enabled to kill as many as they please until heavily armed police or swat teams arrive...which may me several minutes....simply because no guns are allowed.

The shooters must surely be encouraged by the knowledge that they are entering a GUN FREE ZONE. Arkansas may become the Jim Nabors state...SURPRISE! SURPRISE! SURPRISE! You're a dead mofo, MOFO!

I cannot understand any parent not wanting their children to have the protection offered by such a program.

Your thoughts......

Most parents have no problem with schools having school resource officers (SROs) on campus full time. I think that a few teachers and administration should be deputized. That way they can "open carry" and wear a badge.

Hey, I said, I wouldn't want to live there, it's okay to visit, I would never want to live there. Military would visit, don't want to stay. It's just an R & R place by your own admission. Which climate is lovely? All of Australia or just parts.

I live in a great climate, I'm surrounded by happy people who work hard and enjoy the fruits of their work.

We love our country and our constitution. Been to Aussieland, it's a nice place to visit, never want to live their, you people aren't free.

Once a penal colony...always a penal colony! ;)

Well parts were,so what.....you mainly got transported for stealing a sheep or some linen etc,.

But I do love Americans who say "Once a Penal Colony..Always a Penal Colony" because the British only started sending convicts to the Great Southern Land,Van Diemens Land,Australia,Paradise.

Only after the American War of Independence:cool:

PRIOR TO THAT,ALL I REPEAT ALL BRITISH CONVICTS WERE SENT TO AMERICA,Asa obviously something you don't know.

I suggest you check out how many Convicts the Brits sent to the States.Now the USA

But one thing I do agree with you though...."Once a Penal Colony " but we are proud of our heritage....something you have swept under the Carpet.........And that's the difference.steve

I'm Good Ain't I Asa'

PS...Asa.....585,000 sent to America........165,000 sent to Australia.....SO YOUR POINT IS ?????????????????????????????????steve

...now and then just to reaffirm my long held conviction that he is a bona fide, complete idiot. His guests tonight included Mary Catheryn Wicker, a numbnut teacher's union rep that abhors the idea of arming teachers and a spokesman for common sense, whose name I did not catch before they switched to the railroading of Bradley Manning.

The topic revolved around the State of Arkansas deciding to offer teachers that are able and willing to undergo the proper training WITHIN THEIR OWN SCHOOL BUILDING to carry firearms and to react forcefully to shooters invading and taking target practice on the innocent students and teachers therein. Simple common sense tells any lucid person that this approach is infinitely better than maintaining a totally gun free zone in which heavily armed shooters (they do not have to abide by the rules) are enabled to kill as many as they please until heavily armed police or swat teams arrive...which may me several minutes....simply because no guns are allowed.

The shooters must surely be encouraged by the knowledge that they are entering a GUN FREE ZONE. Arkansas may become the Jim Nabors state...SURPRISE! SURPRISE! SURPRISE! You're a dead mofo, MOFO!

I cannot understand any parent not wanting their children to have the protection offered by such a program.

Your thoughts......

Most parents have no problem with schools having school resource officers (SROs) on campus full time. I think that a few teachers and administration should be deputized. That way they can "open carry" and wear a badge.
I'm not sure that the younger children (K thru 9th grade or so) wouldn't be frightened by the sight of guns in open carry. I'm almost sure that the older ones wouldn't mind at all. But it's also possible that open carry would prompt the would be shooter to target the one with the gun first.

I vote for concealed carry...by several teachers and administrators.

[MENTION=31101]theliq[/MENTION]

Steve...

try this... Violent Crime Rates U.S. VS Australia | Extrano's Alley, a gun blog

It appears your government is not totally forthcoming with crime stats. Why would that be? Are they trying to hide the FACT that gun confiscation hasn't improved the level of safety in the land down under?

Well if you believe all this discredited Rubbish Asa,then you'll believe anything...the National Riflemens Ass tried it and were given a swift boot out of the country.All these organizations want to do is expand the sales of arms.

No can do here.Asa why are you using such discredited and bullshit data to get your point across??steve

The NRA wants to expand the sale of arms? Where is your evidence?

"The only way to be a Texan is to be born a Texan" Now do you mean to be born in Texas? or be born to Texan thinking people? Either way "What a DREADFUL THOUGHT"

So by you analogy if a child was born to illegal immigrants from Mexico in say Dallas as they were passing through your State......They Are Texan. Thanks for making that clear.

Last edited:
Well if you believe all this discredited Rubbish Asa,then you'll believe anything...the National Riflemens Ass tried it and were given a swift boot out of the country.All these organizations want to do is expand the sales of arms.

No can do here.Asa why are you using such discredited and bullshit data to get your point across??steve

"The only way to be a Texan is to be born a Texan" Now do you mean to be born in Texas? or be born to Texan thinking people? Either way "What a DREADFUL THOUGHT"

So by you analogy if a child was born to illegal immigrants from Mexico in say Dallas as they were passing through your State......They Are Texan. Thanks for making that clear.
Second notice: (see bold text above)

First you'll have to discredit the information. Show me some credible links that debunk the claims.

I'm waiting.....:eusa_whistle:

I think you mean Fosters IS Australian for beer. Well the funny thing is this Brew is made by Carlton and United Breweries in Sydney,.......they tried to sell it here but it was a complete failure some 20 odd years ago.You cannot buy it here,why it has become associated with Australia we don't really know.

But at the same time it was brewed in the UK and they love it big time,I think the brand was used in a couple of films and promo ads at the time,maybe Croc Dundee????but in Australia folk just didn't like and still don't Larger type Beers.....steve:cool:

Yes, I meant "is" instead of "in". Just as a warning though. If you point out every typo I commit, you might as well strap on a colostomy bag and buy yourself a crate of beef jerky because you are going to be very,very,very busy.
I for one would love to visit Australia. I always hear how nice the people are (assuming you don't commit a typo) and I would love to see the wildlife (I love camping). Maybe someday I can visit. I will expect you to keep a room for me available and I like my breakfast around noon. Thanks!

I dunno how the Aussies feel about civilian Americans, but I can tell you for a fact that they sure love American Sailors. Every U.S. Navy person hopes to be able to land a cruise to the Land Down Under before they get out.

I missed mine by 6 months, because I transferred from VFA-131 just as they were fixing to go on a world cruise with the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON.

One of the things they have is "dial a Sailor", where you go to the quarterdeck, pick up a phone book that has names and numbers of people who are willing to host you, call 'em up, and they come out and pick you up, take you out, take you home (and most generally, because most of the numbers are single women), and bang your brains out.

Best part? From what I've heard, lots of sailors who have been there have said that it's pretty hard to buy any drinks, because everyone else is buying them for you.

The city of Portland had that years ago during their Rosé Festival and the Navy fleets would dock for a few weeks.

Not sure if they still have it, it was very popular.

First you'll have to discredit the information. Show me some credible links that debunk the claims.

Not any longer Asa,look there are so many sites...Login to Gun Crime since Australia's Gun Buy Back.

or from America...www.ustoday.com/story/.../australian-gun...buyback...firearm/1774549

Asa I just don't know how to drag the sites onto here..sorry but I do have certain limitations:lol:steve

Last edited:
I certainly agree that Obama's children should be off limits. I felt the same way about Bush's children when they were being ridiculed. I put Obama's wife in a different category since she has made political pronouncements that people have every right to disagree with.
I will also hasten to add that although you are right about republicans slagging each other in a most verminous and aggressive nasty way, you would also be correct about the left doing the same thing. I personally thought that Obama's campaign accusing Bill Clinton of racism as a way to lessen the approval rating of Hillary Clinton during the nomination process was pathetic. I dislike Bill Clinton immensely for a myriad of reasons but he never showed the slightest hint of being racist.
My only point is neither party has a monopoly on virtue or nastiness.
I am a conservative who tends to either vote republican or hit my head against the wall in despair.

Fair enough,But you should dislike Bush and his Possee more.....He blatantly lied to the American people and took some of your rights away.One thing Aussies are good at is, We can spot a Bullshit Artist from 100 miles away. steve

I'm not the worlds biggest Bush fan for several reasons. I'm not going to call him a murderer though.

"Murder"in the Aussie idiom,really means "someone who lies and is dishonest" not actual murder John,my apologies for the:confused:confusion.....but the now discredited War in Iraq did kill many including brave Americans......right at the start,we knew that the premise for the War by America(well Bush and his Possee) and the British PM at the time,that wretch Tony Blair was a crock of Bullshit........as now has been proven.just sayin.

By the way John,you are always welcome at my table.steve

Yes, I meant "is" instead of "in". Just as a warning though. If you point out every typo I commit, you might as well strap on a colostomy bag and buy yourself a crate of beef jerky because you are going to be very,very,very busy.
I for one would love to visit Australia. I always hear how nice the people are (assuming you don't commit a typo) and I would love to see the wildlife (I love camping). Maybe someday I can visit. I will expect you to keep a room for me available and I like my breakfast around noon. Thanks!

I dunno how the Aussies feel about civilian Americans, but I can tell you for a fact that they sure love American Sailors. Every U.S. Navy person hopes to be able to land a cruise to the Land Down Under before they get out.

I missed mine by 6 months, because I transferred from VFA-131 just as they were fixing to go on a world cruise with the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON.

One of the things they have is "dial a Sailor", where you go to the quarterdeck, pick up a phone book that has names and numbers of people who are willing to host you, call 'em up, and they come out and pick you up, take you out, take you home (and most generally, because most of the numbers are single women), and bang your brains out.

Best part? From what I've heard, lots of sailors who have been there have said that it's pretty hard to buy any drinks, because everyone else is buying them for you.

The city of Portland had that years ago during their Rosé Festival and the Navy fleets would dock for a few weeks.

Not sure if they still have it, it was very popular.

There are a few major cities where they host "Navy Days" every year, one of them is New York.

I remember Miami/Ft. Lauderdale hosting a Navy Days when the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON went on it's shakedown cruise. Not only did I meet some friendly locals (they wanted to see the boat, but didn't have time because they were having a barbecue for their friend in about 3 hours and the line was all the way down the pier). Well, we offered to take them onboard as our guests just to help them out (we were going back to the ship to change) and they told us that if we did that, we could come with them to the barbecue.

Not only did we eat and drink for free, but the friend that was coming back was a nice lady with a Porsche 911, and she took me out to see a movie.

Yep....................loved it when I pulled into friendly ports, either here or overseas.

Your thoughts......

He's worst than on that Simon Cowell Talent Show and that was the Pits.

Not any longer Asa,look there are so many sites...Login to Gun Crime since Australia's Gun Buy Back.

or from America...www.ustoday.com/story/.../australian-gun...buyback...firearm/1774549

Asa I just don't know how to drag the sites onto here..sorry but I do have certain limitations:lol:steve
In other words, you cannot debunk. Never mind...

Asa Just login "Australian gun crime statistics since the gun buy back" should help you.now deffinbunked...note the ustoday post as you scroll....steve

or from America...http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...../australian-gun...buyback...firearm/1774549

Asa Just login "Australian gun crime statistics since the gun buy back" should help you.now deffinbunked...note the ustoday post as you scroll....steve
That's not the way debunking works, Steve.

YOU post a credible link and point out where in that link the claims from my link are alleged to be in error. I do not do your homework for you. So far you have failed miserably. I suspect nothing will change.

edit:
In case you have forgotten, here is what you need to debunk...

http://extranosalley.com/?p=37279

Last edited:

YOU post a credible link and point out where in that link the claims from my link are alleged to be in error. I do not do your homework for you. So far you have failed miserably. I suspect nothing will change.

edit:

Violent Crime Rates U.S. VS Australia | Extrano's Alley, a gun blog

Look Asa you are being pedantic now......I cannot or don't know how to put a link on here.

But all you need to do is to log on to the various sites I requested you to.All the debunking(and don't go blind in the process:lol:)is there to see.

The Gun crime and associated deaths have fallen dramatically.

You'r a bright Guy.....why do you persist in this manner....I'm Right and You are sadly Wrong.steve...SAY NO TO GUNS:evil:

edit:

Look Asa you are being pedantic now......I cannot or don't know how to put a link on here.

But all you need to do is to log on to the various sites I requested you to.All the debunking(and don't go blind in the process:lol:)is there to see.

You'r a bright Guy.....why do you persist in this manner....I'm Right and You are sadly Wrong.steve...SAY NO TO GUNS:evil:

It is quite simple. You go to the site you want to link to...you right click on the address in the Address Bar at the top (that will highlight the address and give you some choices like Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, etc )

...then you left click on "Copy"

...then you go back to your USMB typing pallet (that's where you type what you want to post)

...and you right click there and then left click on "Paste"

...then you add a space or hit your "Enter" key.

Then you can add whatever comments you want and hit "Submit Post"

Done!

Surely there's someone in your home that can help you through this. I don't want to keep you up past your bedtime, but...

...I'll be waiting.:popcorn:

edit:

It is quite simple. You go to the site you want to link to...you right click on the address in the Address Bar at the top (that will highlight the address and give you some choices like Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, etc )

...then you go back to your USMB typing pallet (that's where you type what you want to post)

Done!

Surely there's someone in your home that can help you through this. I don't want to keep you up past your bedtime, but...

Love it Asa,bloody hell that's funny...so you really do know me:lol:.....It'll take a bit of time,or could you do it for Me.......as a sign of friendship.steve

My Computer skills and the Generation Gap.

My Grandaughter "Tenika" 12 (going on 22 if you know what I mean)said a couple of months ago...Grampa "You are really slow on the Computer" I replied "Yes I know Tenika but when I first went to school I used an abacus"

"What's an Abacus Grampa?" "Go look it up on the Computer,it's spelt as it sounds"

She came back after a couple of minutes and said "You are really OLD Grampa"...Well she had no doubt been looking at something from biblical times:lol:

It was her birthday the following week and wanted the Miley Cirus new CD,which I got for her........We were holding her party at our home this year and about 40 of her friends.Nice!!!!!!!

I'd already Ripped and Burned it on to a new CD.....and was pretending to play around on the computer,when she arrived....I told her that I had downloaded the CD for her and that our computer Guy at work had told me how to do it.

She replied "But you don't have an ITunes account" I said no I didn't need it.

You know 12 years old these day,straight onto the computer to track back with her friends to see what I'd been doing.........I left them to it.

20 minutes later they found me and said we have no idea how you did it.......I said "I do" as I pulled out the original CD.......well they had me on the floor in a second..imagine...shouting that was unfair..and punching me up..no I said,I never lied, but you all thought I may have had an ITunes account........

After I recovered eventually......I lectured them on, how not to go on assumption in life because you are usually wrong.......good lesson....To Tenika "That's for calling me an Aged Grampa":lol::lol::lol:

I took me a couple of days to recover from my bashing....Those Kids punch hard:lol::lol: steve

Last edited:

Done!

Love it Asa,bloody hell that's funny...so you really do know me:lol:.....It'll take a bit of time,or could you do it for Me.......as a sign of friendship.steve

My Grandaughter "Tenika" 12 (going on 22 if you know what I mean)said a couple of months ago...Grampa "You are really slow on the Computer" I replied "Yes I know Tenika but when I first went to school I used an abacus"

"What's an Abacus Grampa?" "Go look it up on the Computer,it's spelt as it sounds"

She came back after a couple of minutes and said "You are really OLD Grampa"...Well she had no doubt been looking at something from biblical times:lol:

It was her birthday the following week and wanted the Miley Cirus new CD,which I got for her........We were holding her party at our home this year and about 40 of her friends.Nice!!!!!!!

I'd already Ripped and Burned it on to a new CD.....and was pretending to play around on the computer,when she arrived....I told her that I had downloaded the CD for her and that our computer Guy at work had told me how to do it.

You know 12 years old these day,straight onto the computer to track back with her friends to see what I'd been doing.........I left them to it.

20 minutes later they found me and said we have no idea how you did it.......I said "I do" as I pulled out the original CD.......well they had me on the floor in a second..imagine...shouting that was unfair..and punching me up..no I said,I never lied, but you all thought I may have had an ITunes account........

After I recovered eventually......I lectured them on, how not to go on assumption in life because you are usually wrong.......good lesson....To Tenika "That's for calling me an Aged Grampa":lol::lol::lol:

I took me a couple of days to recover from my bashing....Those Kids punch hard:lol::lol: steve
That's an entertaining anecdote...but still no debunking. Follow my simple instructions and try again.

I am fresh out of popcorn and must retire for the rest of the night. I'll give you a month to try again.:eusa_whistle:

Done!

That's an entertaining anecdote...but still no debunking. Follow my simple instructions and try again.

I am fresh out of popcorn and must retire for the rest of the night. I'll give you a month to try again.:eusa_whistle:

Gee Asa "You can be a hard bitch sometimes:lol::lol:"steve

Forum List

Back