I Was Wrong About Trump. He Didn’t Destroy the GOP, He Saved It

colfax: Republicans are racists, they're misogynists, they're xenophobes, they hate Hispanics, they hate gays! Republicans love the rich and worship corporations and hate the poor!
I see you’ve just resorted to making things up.

One thing I’ve noticed, is that if you criticize Trump, his supporters feel like they’re being criticized. This is especially creepy to me because it demonstrates that his supporters have a hard time differentiating themselves from Trump.

colfax: Republicans are racists, they're misogynists, they're xenophobes, they hate Hispanics, they hate gays! Republicans love the rich and worship corporations and hate the poor!

colfax: Stop saying I said what I said, kaz!

You hear Democrats say that all day long to Republicans, and you blame the victim. Your view is pretty damned clear

IronyMeter.jpg

Trump will bring down the GOP with him

Yes, clearly a partisan left wing Democrat hack such as yourself is best equipped to evaluate the impact Trump is having on the Republican party
We can only look at the 2018 election that was a referendum on Trump. Democrats received 9 million more votes as opposed to 3 million in 2016

2020 will bring down Trump and the Republicans who have supported him

One thing I’ve noticed, is that if you criticize Trump, his supporters feel like they’re being criticized. This is especially creepy to me because it demonstrates that his supporters have a hard time differentiating themselves from Trump.
Now you're a psychoanalyst!

No, you're just a fucking loon with zero self-awareness, who projects their foibles onto everyone with whom they happen to disagree.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

You hear Democrats say that all day long to Republicans, and you blame the victim. Your view is pretty damned clear

People say lots of dumb things on both sides (I don’t). We’ve resisted making those kinds of people President because of the damage it does to the country.

He doesn’t want to lead the country. He wants to dominate it.

At the RNC four years ago, I thought Trump couldn’t win the White House and that his nomination would destroy the Republican Party. I was wrong.

By John Daniel Davidson
AUGUST 25, 2020

When the Republican Party formally nominated Donald Trump four years ago at the national convention in Cleveland, I thought the GOP was making huge mistake. It seemed Trump would certainly lose in November, and that every Republican officeholder who climbed aboard the Trump train that summer would be purged from whatever came after his inevitable defeat. It would be the end of the GOP as we knew it.
I was wrong about all of that—and in hindsight, I’m glad I was wrong.

Like a lot of observers at the time, I thought Trump had no real policy agenda to define his campaign beyond a vague pro-America sentiment and a withering disdain for the political establishments of both major parties. I thought his political inexperience was a liability, that his penchant for insulting his opponents would turn voters off, and that the GOP had missed an opportunity to defeat Hillary Clinton by nominating someone else—anyone, really, besides Trump

BJ - Good read, little long for some, way too much truth for others.
He's going down and taking the entire GOP with him.

You guys are done for a decade.

People say lots of dumb things on both sides (I don’t). We’ve resisted making those kinds of people President because of the damage it does to the country.

People say lots of dumb things on both sides (I don’t).

laughter.gif

Because you're bat shit crazy. How are your paranoid delusions Trump's fault?
What paranoid delusions?

Tell me why I should fear my own President?

Every night between 2009 and 2016 I feared what when I woke up I would discover that the Resident had turned the nuclear codes over to the Muslim Brotherhood - to insure fairness.

So- You can deal with it.

Yes, clearly a partisan left wing Democrat hack such as yourself is best equipped to evaluate the impact Trump is having on the Republican party
We can only look at the 2018 election that was a referendum on Trump. Democrats received 9 million more votes as opposed to 3 million in 2016

So just to be clear, if Democrats got less votes in an election than the prior one then you'd say the same thing. The later President who got fewer votes brought down the Democrat party. No hypocrisy from you, right?

colfax, mind reader extraordinaire! I'm thinking of a number between one and a million ...

So just to be clear, if Democrats got less votes in an election than the prior one then you'd say the same thing. The later President who got fewer votes brought down the Democrat party. No hypocrisy from you, right?
Won the popular vote and EC by wide margins in both cases

Won the popular vote and EC by wide margins in both cases

And so the standard changes ... again ... Typical useless Democrat shill

Forum List

Back