I was thinking about posting a recipe thread!!

I love to look up skirts. How about one of those threads.

It's ALL yours! :eek:

Les%20B.%20Anne%20%28Up%20Skirt%29.JPG

I got Nigella Lawson's 'Nigella Express' cookbook for Christmas. I made these last night for dessert and damn, these things are really good.

Glitzy Chocolate Puddings

Ingredients

4 oz bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup soft butter
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt

For the Glaze:
5 oz bittersweet chocolate
3 tablespoons butter
2 2.1-oz Butterfinger bars, broken into shards

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Break up the chocolate and melt it with the butter in a bowl in the microwave or over a double boiler. Once it's melted, sit the bowl on a cold surface so that the chocolate cools.
3. Preferably in a freestanding mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale and moussey, then gently fold in the flour, baking soda, and pinch of salt.
4. Fold in the slightly cooled chocolate and butter mixture and then divide among 8 ramekins or custard cups. Put in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, get on with the glaze by melting the chocolate and butter in a microwave (or double boiler), then whisk to form a smooth glossy mixture and spoon this over the cooked puddings.
6. Decorate with Butterfinger rubble: I just put the bars in a freezer bag, set to with a rolling pin, and strew over the top.

Yield: 8 servings

Glitzy Chocolate Pudding Recipe | Food | Disney Family.com

I got Nigella Lawson's 'Nigella Express' cookbook for Christmas. I made these last night for dessert and damn, these things are really good.

Ingredients

1/2 cup soft butter
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt

For the Glaze:
3 tablespoons butter

Directions

2. Break up the chocolate and melt it with the butter in a bowl in the microwave or over a double boiler. Once it's melted, sit the bowl on a cold surface so that the chocolate cools.
3. Preferably in a freestanding mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale and moussey, then gently fold in the flour, baking soda, and pinch of salt.
4. Fold in the slightly cooled chocolate and butter mixture and then divide among 8 ramekins or custard cups. Put in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, get on with the glaze by melting the chocolate and butter in a microwave (or double boiler), then whisk to form a smooth glossy mixture and spoon this over the cooked puddings.
6. Decorate with Butterfinger rubble: I just put the bars in a freezer bag, set to with a rolling pin, and strew over the top.

This sounds really really good. I'm going to whine all day tomorrow until I can talk Mrs. BBD into making this. Hope my whining isn't in vane. I hate to waste good whining.:lol:

Ingredients

1/2 cup soft butter
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt

For the Glaze:
3 tablespoons butter

Directions

This sounds really really good. I'm going to whine all day tomorrow until I can talk Mrs. BBD into making this. Hope my whining isn't in vane. I hate to waste good whining.:lol:

They're really easy to make, too. If you don't have ramekins use pyrex custard cups. I used Ghiradelli chocolate just from the grocery store, baking aisle, and I only used one butterfinger.. If you go to the link there's a pic and some witty words by Nigella.

Indian Corn Casserole

3 eggs well beaten
1/4 C flour
2 TBSP sugar
2 C shredded cheese (any)
2 Cans whole kernel corn,drained
10 slices bacon (crumbled)

In large bowl, combine eggs,flour,sugar. Beat well. Add cheese and corn and 3/4 of the bacon (mix). Pour into 10 x 6 x 1/12 inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining bacon on top. Bake at 375 for 30 min..or until done.

Cream Cheese Roll Ups

1 large container cream cheese
1 8 oz can chopped green chile
12 flour tortillas
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt (to taste)

In a bowl, mix cream cheese,chile,garlic and salt. Spread mixture on a tortilla (as thin or thick as you like). Roll tortillas and cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces..repeat with remaining tortillas.

Indian Corn Casserole

3 eggs well beaten
1/4 C flour
2 TBSP sugar
2 C shredded cheese (any)
2 Cans whole kernel corn,drained
10 slices bacon (crumbled)

In large bowl, combine eggs,flour,sugar. Beat well. Add cheese and corn and 3/4 of the bacon (mix). Pour into 10 x 6 x 1/12 inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining bacon on top. Bake at 375 for 30 min..or until done.

Oh, that sounds so good.

I call it "That mushroom thing". My wife and I made it up back when every penny counted.

Ingredients:

2 packages of baby bella sliced mushrooms.
1 onion
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon of butter.
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
3 cups of rice.

1. Make a pot of rice.
2. Slice the onion as fine as you like, throw in skillet and let it brown off with the butter.
3. Add the baby bella's to the saucepan.
4. Saute the whole thing for about 15 minutes on low heat.
5. Add the heavy whipping cream and continue to let simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat.
6. Flavor with Garlic salt.
7. Turn off heat, ladle your desired amount of the concoction over your bowl of rice and enjoy.

Whole meal costs less than 10 bucks, and would feed a large family.

Forum List

Back