I was hooking up my 7.2 stereo system in my new house, my wife helping asked "why isnt putting this together, like it was 20 years ago"? I replied..

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
1640374226045.png

First off, there are HDMI cables for TV, Roku, DVD, BLU RAY, Media player, Game system, and each one need its own cable for internet. Then you have 2 rear speakers, 2 mid speakers, 2 front speakers, and 1 center console speaker. Also there is a 75 inch Sony Bravia OLED, that is rocking clear picture and excellent refresh rate, so the 4k DVD player, transfers the picture with no lag time.

I remember the day when you attached the rabbit ears to your 19 inch tv and fiddled with it till you got either abc, nbc, or cbs. Yes we have come a long way baby.
1640374465607.png

Merry Christmas all.

View attachment 579428

First off, there are HDMI cables for TV, Roku, DVD, BLU RAY, Media player, Game system, and each one need its own cable for internet. Then you have 2 rear speakers, 2 mid speakers, 2 front speakers, and 1 center console speaker. Also there is a 75 inch Sony Bravia OLED, that is rocking clear picture and excellent refresh rate, so the 4k DVD player, transfers the picture with no lag time.

I remember the day when you attached the rabbit ears to your 19 inch tv and fiddled with it till you got either abc, nbc, or cbs. Yes we have come a long way baby.
View attachment 579431

Merry Christmas all.
I remember when Dad hooked a pair of rabbit ears on the TV and made ME fiddle with it until a picture came in.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

View attachment 579428

View attachment 579431

Merry Christmas all.
I am with your wife--what a NIghtmare.

Holy crap That is perplexing

Standard fare home theater A/V switching center. Years ago, we used to have stereo stores. Now everything consumer has moved to home theater, so much so that many stores even sell furniture. Manufacturers are making receivers to power the 5-7-9 speaker surround set up while simultaneously allowing you to run all the video through their own internal patch panel.

The presumption is in case your TV hasn't enough inputs. But you have to watch yourself with HDMI switching gear---- the HDMI Standard doesn't allow regenerative daisy chaining in a hideously poor effort to guard against illegal copying, but because of that crappy copyguard, a lot of times, people can have trouble getting their HDMI video signals to sync up.

For that reason, I prefer to break up the A/V and run my video straight to the TV these days-- most good sets made in recent years have enough variety inputs built right in at the monitor to handle all the video IN a person might need, allowing you to then run the audio separately to a dedicated audio center preamp and avoid the complexities and tangle of trying to marry the sound signals and the picture signals all together into the same box, but the onus in home theater is to push the big, one-box-do-everything, especially to help combat the scourge of all home theater: the dreaded WAF (wife acceptance factor). :SMILEW~130:

Forum List

Back