CDZ I want to present this in this forum hopefully to get some real dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is it intellectual dishonesty, a distortion of thought processes, or both? I wonder about that a lot.
Good question. That, I suppose, is why I prefaced my comments about Rush and PoliticalChic with how intelligent they are. And they are, which, to me, means they are intellectually dishonest because, as I stated; even a half wit knows that hitting a brick wall at 90 is no better than hitting a brick wall at 100- that said, I've read, and I have no way to disprove, that perception is reality. But, at some point the intelligent person will recognize there is a distortion and (hopefully) work to correct it. I'd liken it to growing up. Everyone ages, not many actually mature, which is kinda funny in a sad sort of way since knowledge does evolve. That poses a situation that provides opportunity to pass on knowledge in an effective way, good, bad, or, indifferent. And, once again points out; Individual effort can create the Greater Good naturally- the group has it's perceptions formed for them, by an Individual, and for some reason can't believe they're just as capable at perception as anyone else. That's the mystery to me.
The group has it's perceptions formed for them, by an Individual, and for some reason can't believe they're just as capable at perception as anyone else.
It's not that they don't think they're capable. It makes a LOT of people very uncomfortable to not have a set, firm set of beliefs and rules to function under. In order to do what you are promoting requires uncertainty, questioning, doubt. Our belief system is a house of cards. If one near the base of the house gets pulled, it collapses the whole thing. Most of us have seen (or even experienced) that happen to someone. People do a lot to protect their house of cards. Some of us have knocked down and rebuilt our own house so many times that it doesn't really scare us anymore. But it is a precarious way to live and a lot of people don't want anything to do with it.

But it is a precarious way to live and a lot of people don't want anything to do with it.
Life's a bitch and then you marry one. Right? If life (or success as defined by society) was easy everybody would succeed and have no problems- life is simple, which isn't spelled easy- live it as best you can, leave you space a little better than you found and you have succeeded according to your terms, not what the group says is successful. Demanding others make your life easier is immoral. You (and most others) were given a brain- use it.
Don't rely on others to make things on for you. You'll always be disappointed.

A month or so ago Trump was sitting on an economy that was absolutely booming.

Trump's approval rating was high.

The Democrats had failed at their Russia, Russia, Russia thingy and the impeachment dirty trick to marginalized him.

The Democrats have nobody that could beat Trump in November. Certainly not that Biden clown or the Communist.

The Liberals have tried to blow this Pandemic out of proportion in the hopes of getting everybody pissed off to the point they distrust the government and the people running it, no matter what they do.

That is their only hope. It is despicable and is hurting our country but it is politics as usual in America. The Democrats will do anything they can, no matter how damaging it is to the country, in order to get power to impose their greedy and destructive Progressive agenda.

Please explain how that fits the OT of intellectual honesty.

#48 reply to Post from another thread re; C19 is just the flu.

Second ask of the same question

#52 reply to Post from another thread re; C19 is just the flu.

It's just a strain of flu- that it's allegedly man made and came from one source is immaterial. It's still just the flu.
WTF is there such panic/hysteria? It makes absolutely no sense. SMH- sheeple.

Do you still hold that opinion “It's still just the flu.”

In the name of intellectual honesty I really hoped you could tell the board if you still agree with the Limbaugh side or have revised your thinking to the Maddow side? Is COVID-19 “It's still just the flu.” as you proclaimed in the middle of March.

On Saturday, the state had its deadliest 24-hour period since the outbreak started at the beginning of March, with 630 patients succumbing to the disease. Since March 1, 3,565 New Yorkers have died.

There are now over 113,704 confirmed cases statewide, with over 15,000 people hospitalized. More than half of those are concentrated in New York City, now the global epicenter of the pandemic.​
I’m seeing COVID-19 to be much worse and more deadly than seasonal flu. 7500 patients in a few weeks time - doubling new cases every few days.​
What are you seeing?​

Last edited:
# reply to Post from another thread re; C19 is just the flu.

Second ask of the same question

#52 reply to Post from another thread re; C19 is just the flu.

It's just a strain of flu- that it's allegedly man made and came from one source is immaterial. It's still just the flu.
WTF is there such panic/hysteria? It makes absolutely no sense. SMH- sheeple.

Do you still hold that opinion “It's still just the flu.”

In the name of intellectual honesty I really hoped you could tell the board if you still agree with the Limbaugh side or have revised your thinking to the Maddow side? Is COVID-19 just the flu as you proclaimed in the middle of March.

On Saturday, the state had its deadliest 24-hour period since the outbreak started at the beginning of March, with 630 patients succumbing to the disease. Since March 1, 3,565 New Yorkers have died.​

There are now over 113,704 confirmed cases statewide, with over 15,000 people hospitalized. More than half of those are concentrated in New York City, now the global epicenter of the pandemic.​
I’m seeing COVID-19 to be much worse and more deadly than seasonal flu. 7500 patients in a few weeks time - doubling new cases every few days.​
What are you seeing?​

And why did you not include the normal flu numbers for comparison? Cause that is your question.

But it is a precarious way to live and a lot of people don't want anything to do with it.
Life's a bitch and then you marry one. Right? If life (or success as defined by society) was easy everybody would succeed and have no problems- life is simple, which isn't spelled easy- live it as best you can, leave you space a little better than you found and you have succeeded according to your terms, not what the group says is successful. Demanding others make your life easier is immoral. You (and most others) were given a brain- use it.
Don't rely on others to make things on for you. You'll always be disappointed.
You read my response all wrong. I was just trying to explain a different viewpoint.

#48 reply to Post from another thread re; C19 is just the flu.
It is- as was h1n1 and all previous strains and there was no hysteria- this is all media bullshit because they don't like Trump and will sell their souls just to be able to hate him publicly.

#54 reply to #52
It is- as was h1n1 and all previous strains and there was no hysteria- this is all media bullshit because they don't like Trump and will sell their souls just to be able to hate him publicly

The state of New York just recorded 630 patients succumbing to the disease during the past 24 hours. So in the name of intellectual honesty and just basic honesty, if you have evidence that the State of New York is lying, you need to post it right now.

If no evidence it’s time you admit you were wrong. VOVID-19 is not just a flu.

it’s a novel virus. Do you know what that means. And H1N1 was 60 times less deadly than TRUMP’s virus.

Last edited:
#54 reply to #52
It is- as was h1n1 and all previous strains and there was no hysteria- this is all media bullshit because they don't like Trump and will sell their souls just to be able to hate him publicly

The state of New York just recorded 630 patients succumbing to the disease during the past 24 hours. So in the name of intellectual honesty and just basic honesty, if you have evidence that the State of New York is lying, you need to post it right now.

If no evidence it’s time you admit you were wrong. VOVID-19 is not just a flu.

it’s a novel virus. Do you know what that means. And H1N1 was 60 times less deadly than TRUMP’s virus.

What was the daily flu death rate last year? Since you are claiming this is so different.

Also, did those people die from the virus, or are they lumping in people that die, WITH the virus, even if their cause of death is really something else?

And why did you not include the normal flu numbers for comparison? Cause that is your question.

Several significant numbers were in the NYC hospital report that I posted.

they had to add 1000 ICU beds. A Normal flu season does not require that

Over 600 New Yorkers over the past 24 hours died in hospital beds from this virus. . that’s 24 patients an hour. That’s not a common seasonal flu. Any half wit could figure that out.

if

Several significant numbers were in the NYC hospital report that I posted.

they had to add 1000 ICU beds. A Normal flu season does not require that

Over 600 New Yorkers over the past 24 hours died in hospital beds from this virus. . that’s 24 patients an hour. That’s not a common seasonal flu. Any half wit could figure that out.

if

1. links are to support points, not make them.

2. Being smug does not change the fact your claim was utterly unsupported and still is.

3 And I want numbers for anyone that died WITH the flu, cause I would bet money that that is the count we are getting for convid 19.

If a person has Cancer and eventually dies from a cold, we don't say the person died of a cold.
sure we do....

if a person has cancer, and they are hit by a car and killed, we do not say they died of cancer....

if a person has cancer, and they died of pneumonia, the cause of death is pneumonia....

COVID is a viral pneumonia in those who get sick, is my understanding.... all deaths are from this viral Pneumonia, regardless of their underlying conditions..... or no underlying conditions.... pneumonia is what kills them..... I had heard????

Your 'hit by a car' analogy is insane in the first place. How do you know that a person with end stage cancer was not negatively affected to such a degree it caused them to have an accident? 'Cause of death' is something a coroner determines but that doesn't mean pneumonia is the sole cause. If it were not for depressed immune system, the pneumonia could likely have been cured. I myself had pneumonia and was cured. You are picking at straws to somehow argue which is what you usually do.
the people who die, die of Novel Corona Virus Pneumonia.....regardless of their other conditions that have weakened them in fighting it.....

I too have had Pneumonia, but it was a bacterial pneumonia, that was treatable with antibiotics....

this Cov2 Pneumonia virus, has no cure or antivirals..... as of yet.
Negative,they are giving an antibiotic along with chloroquine. Read up before posting bullshit.
The combination is being tested, yes.... and has promise with some, if given to patients before they get really sick and are put in ICU....
It has worked for MOST, even some seriously ill.

If a person has Cancer and eventually dies from a cold, we don't say the person died of a cold.
sure we do....

if a person has cancer, and they are hit by a car and killed, we do not say they died of cancer....

if a person has cancer, and they died of pneumonia, the cause of death is pneumonia....

COVID is a viral pneumonia in those who get sick, is my understanding.... all deaths are from this viral Pneumonia, regardless of their underlying conditions..... or no underlying conditions.... pneumonia is what kills them..... I had heard????

Your 'hit by a car' analogy is insane in the first place. How do you know that a person with end stage cancer was not negatively affected to such a degree it caused them to have an accident? 'Cause of death' is something a coroner determines but that doesn't mean pneumonia is the sole cause. If it were not for depressed immune system, the pneumonia could likely have been cured. I myself had pneumonia and was cured. You are picking at straws to somehow argue which is what you usually do.
the people who die, die of Novel Corona Virus Pneumonia.....regardless of their other conditions that have weakened them in fighting it.....

I too have had Pneumonia, but it was a bacterial pneumonia, that was treatable with antibiotics....

this Cov2 Pneumonia virus, has no cure or antivirals..... as of yet.
Negative,they are giving an antibiotic along with chloroquine. Read up before posting bullshit.
The combination is being tested, yes.... and has promise with some, if given to patients before they get really sick and are put in ICU....
It has worked for MOST, even some seriously ill.
Not what the docs are saying.....on the very ill on ventilators.... it's too late.

But we are a long way from it being approved and mass produced.....

Can't happen soon enough!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back