I Want Republicans to Lose the Midterms

It's the economy, it is looking brighter and Democrats are experiencing higher poll numbers.

As long as the economy continues to improve, the Democrats chances improve, even though the Dems have little if anything to do with the uptick in the economy.
How has the economy improved? Inflation is out of sight, Fed is raising rates, stock market has crashed again, gas and food prices still ridiculous.
In whose mind has anything improved except propaganda spin?

How has the economy improved? Inflation is out of sight, Fed is raising rates, stock market has crashed again, gas and food prices still ridiculous.
In whose mind has anything improved except propaganda spin?
It doesn't have to improve, it has to appear that it is improving, the biggest advantage Biden has is the recession issue is pushed passed the November elections.

It is now a PR spin and it is turning the Democrats way, perception is everything in politics.

The two parties are, once again, demonstrating why we desperately need more than two viable parties.

Before it's too late. This is a disgrace.

#ForwardParty

Nope, we just need two sane parties.

Before Trump, we had two sane parties... now we just have one.

A punch of pompous people forming a third party because they couldn't hack it in a fair race is just... silly.

Anyone who is hated and feared by the Democratic Party as much as Donald Trump has to be good for the country. The Democratic Party is the Enemy of America and as the saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".
And anyone hoping the Democrats retain the House and Senate is the enemy of America. They support corruption and bloated government

While I like the OP, I think he is misdirected.

In the BBC adaptation of I, Claudius, Claudius has a discussion with his mother Antonia during the reign of the mad emperor, Caligula. "Caligula is sick in his head", and Antonia replies, "No, Rome is sick to her heart, Caligula is just the rash it's broken out into."

I think this kind of applies to the GOP, and perhaps America as a whole. Trump isn't anything new. His appeals to racism and white resentment and fear are noxious, but they resonate with a large slice of the population. It pretty much started with Richard Nixon and his Southern Strategy, continued through Ronald Reagan and his Welfare Queens and Geo. Bush the elder with his scary Willie Horton ad.

The thing is, you take out all the discussions about race, guns, religion, immigration, and LGBTQ, and you boiled American politics down to economic issues, the Democrats would win every time. Because "The working class needs to work harder to make the investor class richer" doesn't really resonate with most people.

If the Republicans lose the midterms, it won't be because of Trump. It will be because they are a bunch of weak assholes who can't capitalize on epic failures on every dimension by an incompetent addled president and ridiculously terrible legislation somehow rammed through under reconciliation. Remember when these Republican assclowns claimed they couldn't do anything significant when they had power and cried about needing a supermajority? (to the relief of Ryan and McConnell, no doubt). Then there is the in your face executive overreach and unapologetic and very public politicization of the DOJ and FBI.

If the Republicans really wanted the power back and they felt at all comfortable wielding it, there would be loud, relentless, and coordinated public outcry from all corners of the party about these things. There would be press conferences, news show appearance, articles. You know, like the Democrats. The Republican base is wondering what these cowards are doing. What they are doing is slinking around, keeping their heads down, not ruffling feathers, and hoping they will be allowed to keep their cushy jobs. They want us to believe that just because they are Republicans, they do, in fact, share our convictions and trust that they do whisper about them a lot. They are scared of the media, scared the Democrats, scared of being on stage and shouting conservative positions.

That's why these midterms will be more nailbiter than cakewalk, and why we love Trump (and DeSantis).

While I like the OP, I think he is misdirected.

In the BBC adaptation of I, Claudius, Claudius has a discussion with his mother Antonia during the reign of the mad emperor, Caligula. "Caligula is sick in his head", and Antonia replies, "No, Rome is sick to her heart, Caligula is just the rash it's broken out into."

I think this kind of applies to the GOP, and perhaps America as a whole. Trump isn't anything new. His appeals to racism and white resentment and fear are noxious, but they resonate with a large slice of the population. It pretty much started with Richard Nixon and his Southern Strategy, continued through Ronald Reagan and his Welfare Queens and Geo. Bush the elder with his scary Willie Horton ad.

The thing is, you take out all the discussions about race, guns, religion, immigration, and LGBTQ, and you boiled American politics down to economic issues, the Democrats would win every time. Because "The working class needs to work harder to make the investor class richer" doesn't really resonate with most people.
Irony.

Not because I want to see Democrats win. Their agenda is destructive, but Republicans need to lose in order to finally get it through their heads that Trump is poison to their party. A month ago they were riding what looked like was going to be a historical red wave. Now, it's more of a puddle, if even that. The House will still likely flip due to redistricting, but by a much smaller margin. The Senate is looking completely out of reach now barring some tidal event back in their favor. Their reversed fortune is likely due to two elements: the Dobbs ruling and Trump's influence over the Senate primaries.

The Dobbs ruling is what it is. GOP voters have been open and honest about wanting Roe overturned for decades. However, I don't think anyone actually expected it to happen, including the GOP leadership, which is why it was such a shock and awe event. Even with Dobbs, though, the Republicans should still be riding a strong election wave, but they aren't. Trump's picks have been toxic to the electorate. Pennsylvania should have been a relatively easy hold, but Trump endorsed the most incompetent Republican candidate in the race and his campaign is a trainwreck. It's so bad he is likely going to lose to a stroke victim who looks and dresses like Shrek. Mastriano, Trump's handpicked gubernatorial candidate in the state who parroted The Big Lie and was at the Capitol Hill riot on January 6th, has been trailing his opponent in every poll. Georgia should have been the easiest pickup for the GOP, but Trumpy Herschel Walker can't form a coherent thought, makes things up out of thin air, and so far refuses to debate his opponent. In Arizona, MAGA Blake Masters is attempting to run away from his political record on abortion, countering his support for a federal personhood law, and it's blowing up in his face. GOP PACs have already started pulling money out of that race. Wisconsin is now also in jeopardy given Ron Johnson's admittance he was part of the fake Electors scheme. Even states like Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida are showing to be more competitive than expected, but I suspect the Republicans will retain those seats in the end. Furthermore, this national toxicity has the potential to destroy several gubernatorial races. Kari Lake in Arizona is as tactless and crass as Trump and is losing her race, which would be a net loss for the GOP. Other competitive races like New Mexico, Wisconsin, and Maine, to name a few are being stunted by the overall environment.

Despite Biden's dismal approval ratings, poor economic climate, and incredibly radical administration, the Republicans look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and that's exactly what needs to happen. After these midterms are over the MAGA faithful need a strong wakeup call that blindly following their leader's guidance is destructive and toxic to their party and their agenda. If they emerge from these elections with anything other than a sound and disappointing defeat it may very well carry them into 2024 with Trump as their nominee and that will be the final nail in the coffin. According to polls, over half of Republicans still want Trump to be their nominee in 2024 and make another run at it and this is dangerous because he will get destroyed. Biden will be one and done, regardless of what he says. The party will never let him be renominated, so 2024 should be a strong presidential year for the GOP following Biden and the Democrats really have no strong bench to speak of. Sanders will be too old. Warren is an unlikable shrew. Harris is an imbecile and Buttigieg is milquetoast. They do have one formidable candidate, however, and that is Gavin Newsom. He's young (relatively speaking), attractive, and charismatic and if I were to make a bet today on who the Dem nominee will be it's him. He's the American version of Justin Trudeau and that's what's so scary about his prospects. The Republicans need someone who can make the strong case that Newsom's radical California values are a poor fit for the country and that case won't be made by Trump. His attitude, his antics, and constant negative press will overshadow all of these things and usher Newsom into the White House in a landslide and we'll pay for it dearly.

So yes, I want the Republicans to lose bigly. The Trump faithful will still be there, of course. Nothing will convince them they are lambs to the slaughter, but enough of the rank and file may finally realize Trump is destructive and relegate the remaining hold outs to the extreme wing of their party and purge them from having future significant influence. It needs to happen or the country is doomed in 2024.
I made a similar thread saying Trump has got to go at least 6 months ago.
I 100% believe Trump will be the reason we would lose the Presidency again. If Trump runs in 2024, the Democrats could put up a turtle and they would win.
That point should have already been made. They essentially DID elect a turtle to avoid Trump.

I wonder what it's like to love politicians and fast-talking metrosexual New York City billionaires.

I can't imagine. Me, I love my family and my closest friends.
6rvb4s.jpg

Not because I want to see Democrats win. Their agenda is destructive, but Republicans need to lose in order to finally get it through their heads that Trump is poison to their party.

You want to sacrifice this election cycle just because of someone's point of view. You could have flipped it and the issue still remains.

You want to sacrifice the purse strings and the power to declare war to prove a point.

That is everything that is wrong with this country. Everything.

You want to sacrifice this election cycle just because of someone's point of view. You could have flipped it and the issue still remains.

You want to sacrifice the purse strings and the power to declare war to prove a point.

That is everything that is wrong with this country. Everything.
Blind hatred does awful things to an alleged man.

Forum List

Back