I understand a nation must meet certain criteria before being admitted to NATO

lol. I like this OP.
I'm saying conventional wisdom doesn't seem to work with Putin. He's a sociopath, he can justify anything as long as it serves him well. You do understand his background as a KGB thug, most of those groups were sociopaths.

I'm saying conventional wisdom doesn't seem to work with Putin. He's a sociopath, he can justify anything as long as it serves him well. You do understand his background as a KGB thug, most of those groups were sociopaths.
The entire democratic world and the citizens of the freed nations celebrated, when the iron curtain collapsed.

Putin thinks it was the biggest tragedy in history.

And there you have it.

The entire democratic world and the citizens of the freed nations celebrated, when the iron curtain collapsed.

Putin thinks it was the biggest tragedy in history.

And there you have it.
I'm sure he does, but even the worst sociopaths have a distorted opinion of what patriotism is. We need to work on that. Show him that this approach is hurting the people and the nation he supposedly loves. I have to admit it's going to be very difficult, we can't even get trump ( our recent psychopath-in-chief ) to admit about his transgressions.

I'm sure he does, but even the worst sociopaths have a distorted opinion of what patriotism is. We need to work on that. Show him that this approach is hurting the people and the nation he supposedly loves. I have to admit it's going to be very difficult, we can't even get trump ( our recent psychopath-in-chief ) to admit about his transgressions.
Our officials travel the world trying to spread and support democracy... while their own democracy is backsliding quickly...

Our officials travel the world trying to spread and support democracy... while their own democracy is backsliding quickly...
I can agree with that, it took a big dive under trump, but I think we're rebounding nicely from the unfortunate episode in our history.

I can agree with that, it took a big dive under trump, but I think we're rebounding nicely from the unfortunate episode in our history.
Think so? Okay,imagine this:

In a close election, 2 or 3 States send bogus electoral slates to Congress that don't match their "fake fake fake!" vote counts.

And that's all. Count them or toss them out, the election is flipped to the loser either way

Look around. The prep work is being done.

Think so? Okay,imagine this:

In a close election, 2 or 3 States send bogus electoral slates to Congress that don't match their "fake fake fake!" vote counts.

And that's all. Count them or toss them out, the election is flipped to the loser either way

Look around. The prep work is being done.
That election was the most closely watched, closely monitored in US history. After countless needless reviews the roosevelts didn't change. I'm sorry I don't believe in the conspiracy theories you do, I'll stick with the truth.

That election was the most closely watched, closely monitored in US history. After countless needless reviews the roosevelts didn't change. I'm sorry I don't believe in the conspiracy theories you do, I'll stick with the truth.
It's not a theory. It's not even a conspiracy. Conspiracies are done in secret.

They are putting laws in place and people in place to do exactly what I described. It would be done in broad daylight, with the blessing of State law.

It's not a theory. It's not even a conspiracy. Conspiracies are done in secret.

They are putting laws in place and people in place to do exactly what I described. It would be done in broad daylight, with the blessing of State law.
Are you talking about the last election or the ones that are coming up because the republicans have done so much damage to the election process. There's a big difference in expanding voting rights like the Democrats did because of the pandemic, allowing for more to vote by mail as opposed to, the republicans restricting voter access like that they're trying to do now.

Are you talking about the last election or the ones that are coming up because the republicans have done so much damage to the election process. There's a big difference in expanding voting rights like the Democrats did because of the pandemic, allowing for more to vote by mail as opposed to, the republicans restricting voter access like that they're trying to do now.
The ones coming up

The ones coming up
Yes, they are in danger because of what republicans are doing on the state level in so many states. A recent review in Georgia proved that the state wrongly rejected 27,000 voters already. Every vote matters every person matters that's why we need federal laws protecting our right to vote our most basic right has no federal protections.

I understand a nation must meet certain criteria before being admitted to NATO. This might sound like a wild idea but I was wondering what would happen if we offered membership to NATO to the Ukraine and Russia. Then Russia might not feel so left out of things. They would have to get their house and order though and not try to strong arm its neighbors into submission.

I am sorry but I have to ask this ... How many countries had Deutschland (Germany) in their name when you were born?

Putin cares about nothing but power and money. He doesn't care about the Russian people.

The only thing that will stop him is to have him get a bloody nose and look bad or to threaten his money...or both

Putin cares about nothing but power and money. He doesn't care about the Russian people.

The only thing that will stop him is to have him get a bloody nose and look bad or to threaten his money...or both
Let's hope they're still a shred of decency in him so that he doesn't bring this upon his people.

I understand that Deutschland is a synonym for Germany. Germany did not exist when I first came to this world. You asked the wrong question as usual.

I didn't ask you to explain your answer ... The question was very specific.
Your answer was clear enough ... Thanks anyway.

Forum List

Back