I understand a nation must meet certain criteria before being admitted to NATO

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
I understand a nation must meet certain criteria before being admitted to NATO. This might sound like a wild idea but I was wondering what would happen if we offered membership to NATO to the Ukraine and Russia. Then Russia might not feel so left out of things. They would have to get their house and order though and not try to strong arm its neighbors into submission.

I understand a nation must meet certain criteria before being admitted to NATO. This might sound like a wild idea but I was wondering what would happen if we offered membership to NATO to the Ukraine and Russia. Then Russia might not feel so left out of things. They would have to get their house and order though and not try to strong arm its neighbors into submission.

Yeah! And we could give em dough-nuts every friday and maybe a car wash and stuff.

Yeah! And we could give em dough-nuts every friday and maybe a car wash and stuff.
You don't get it, they would no longer feel threatened or left out. Aggression and fear go together. Let's end it all.

Some NATO countries are blocking Ukraine's path towards NATO membership.
They free-ride on USA's security-guarantee and shit their pants about Russia same time.

Same is valid for Georgia.

Nations must meet certain basic requirements to enter NATO, then they get the donuts. The choice will be up to Russia.

What makes you think they are interested in being part of NATO anyway? They probably care about dough-nuts more.

Some NATO countries are blocking Ukraine's path towards NATO membership.
They free-ride on USA's security-guarantee and shit their pants about Russia same time.

Same is valid for Georgia.
I would bet that all that is changing now that Russia is getting more aggressive once again.

With Biden's blessing, even.
Putin is digging his own hole just like trump did. This shit doesn't fly anymore. Maybe they both need to have a honeymoon together in Argentina.

It's not like a dodge ball game on the playground where you pick sides for your team.

It's more like Russia is Ukraine's abusive husband. Ukraine got a divorce and a restraining order, but any second now, Russia is going to burst into Ukraine's house and start shooting.

Russia is not going to sign a defensive military alliance with nations they would like to invade and conquer.

It's not like a dodge ball game on the playground where you pick sides for your team.

It's more like Russia is Ukraine's abusive husband. Ukraine got a divorce and a restraining order, but any second now, Russia is going to burst into Ukraine's house and start shooting.
Why ? Putin doesn't want NATO on its doorstep. To me that signals fear on his part. All he needs is guarantees that we will never be aggressive against them. On the other hand if this former KGB thug is a true sociopath and wants to dominate other nations again then we have a real problem.

Probably your intentions are good ....but frankly....:rolleyes:

They would continue to nag each other.

Probably your intentions are good ....but frankly....:rolleyes:

Extraordinary times sometimes requires that you think out of the box. I don't mind being accused of going too far out of the box. It's better than hiding inside the box.

NATO main mission is to keep Russia in check.
If you can tame the fox, then there is no threat leaving him in the chicken coop. It could be a game changer that's all I'm saying. Change the paradigm. Think outside of the box for a change. Put it out there and see what happens. What can it hurt. Imagine a world where there is no arms race between the United States and Russia anymore. Where you feel safe from Russia. I think that would be a much better world.

Forum List

Back