I Think Some People Need to Remember Exactly What It Was Like During Trump

The reason people aren’t dropping like flies anymore is because most people have either gotten it and developed antibodies or been vaccinated
No the reason it tails off is the same reason the Spanish flu eased after a couple years, as the viris mutates, it weakens. The shot helped but it was going to weaken because that is how virus’s work.

Ancient history and a really bad memory.
inflation was 4.1 when he left office! After 8 years of trying to bring it down. His tax cuts didn't do it but did cause a recession when he left office.

Biden has done a significantly better job.
This is a fact.
You need to check your memory.

When President Reagan took office, inflation was 10.32%, the third year of double-digit inflation. Thirty-year fixed mortgage rates peaked at 18% his first year in office and were down to 10.3% his last year in office.

What we currently HAVE… is 3.4 per cent inflation and that isn’t bad

Thank you Joe
Yes, 3.4% ON TOP OF THIS! Not bad? Give me a break!

2024%2001%2014%20Inflation.jpg

You need to check your memory.

When President Reagan took office, inflation was 10.32%, the third year of double-digit inflation. Thirty-year fixed mortgage rates peaked at 18% his first year in office and were down to 10.3% his last year in office.
10.3 is good? Lol!!!
US income levels dropped under Ronnie. Yes, for 8 years there was no income increase. Look it up.
At the same time our debt to GDP ratio skyrocketed.
This in spite of fucking over the old and poor.
The wealth to poor gap exploded under him.
These are all facts you can easily verify.

The Fed rate doesn’t affect most people.

That’s a decent inflation number.
The Feds rate absolutely affects most Americans.

Your are either a partisan nut and lying or you are just an idiot.

Cars and house yes. I bought a truck and a camper. Interest rates made it a little more expensive but not unaffordable.

Jobs are plentiful and unemployment low so the current Fed rate is not hurting in that area

Why do you insist the schools closed?
By closed do you mean.
1). The building didn't allow students in, but education continued through remote learning.
2). The building didn't allow students in, and there was NO interaction with students for an extended period.

I'm telling you that in WA, it was 1). Education continued.
Students learned and did their work from home through remote learning, including visual interactions through Google Meets or Zoom, and HW assigned and turned in through Google Classroom.
Are you playing stupid?

I’m voting idiot.

10.3 is good? Lol!!!
US income levels dropped under Ronnie. Yes, for 8 years there was no income increase. Look it up.
At the same time our debt to GDP ratio skyrocketed.
This in spite of fucking over the old and poor.
The wealth to poor gap exploded under him.
These are all facts you can easily verify.
I must not have made myself clear. The 10.3 inflation rate was the FIRST YEAR that President Reagan took office. That was the third year of double-digit inflation from the Carter years.

We had double-digit inflation rates the last three years of the President Carter administration. That didn't screw the old and poor? WOW! They were devastated. Anyone who wanted to buy a house paid 18%! It was almost cheaper to put it on a credit card. We were using negative amortization rate mortgages. If you owned the house for five or however many years, the mortgage balance was higher at the end of these years.

Fun times!

Test scores always lag. Give it a few more years.
Hate to point out the awkward here, Unk...but what does that do to the kids that were in school now? Flushing "a few more years" means flushing a whole lot of children's futures! And for what? So Anthony Fauci could have his fifteen minutes of adulation? So Randi Weingarten could flex her teacher's union muscle? What a waste...

So it's down to that now, huh? Heh heh heh.

Usually when you know you're getting ready to eat a shit sandwich and you can't stop the shit sandwich from being served up, you always remember that last same shit sandwich that you had to eat and then remind everybody else about how shitty the last shit sandwich was, on the hope that something will change the course. So much for hope and change, though.

Of course, some folk like shit sandwiches, just so long as it's made their way, special order...
Thanks. Nice commentary. So I searched this thread wondering what the hell was worth seventy GD pages and all the reaction scores??!? :dunno:

A few posts from Frank, and one from you, and not a post from any other person that knows this is a shit show. Hell, not even a post from Toro. Why should any of us care about this?

. . . and look at them? wtf?

giphy.gif

It makes me really start to believe this is planned :tinfoil:

Democrat Governors created the covid mess BECAUSE they wanted to bring down Trump.

Whitmer shut down my state and imposed Ridiculous economy destroying demands on my state. She used the Covid excuse to make sure election 2020 was tipped to Mr Potatohead no matter what it took.

Fuck you lying Demonrat scum

Trump recommended it...

"Therefore, my administration is recommending that all Americans, including the young and healthy, work to engage in schooling from home when possible, avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people, avoid discretionary travel and avoid eating and drinking in bars, restaurants, and public food courts." ~ Donald Trump, 3.16.2020

It's what happened from Jan 21st 2017 to March 2020 that people remember about Trump.

The Covid thing was the exception to the rule. Dems plan on introducing another Covid strain during Trump 2.0? Things were ROCKING under Trump 1.0 until dems introduced Covid and shut the country down. They knew Trump was WELL on his way to a 2nd term. Gotta give 'em credit though, they did a great job of causing a panic and then blaming Trump.

Nope, Biden was well ahead of Trump in the polls even before covid.

Screenshot_20240328_234255_Samsung Internet.jpg

Forum List

Back