CDZ I think Bill Maher is coming around.

They hate her, because when the North Vietnamese communists were killing American soldiers and torturing our prisoners, she went and buddied up with the communists....then took a photo sitting in the chair of an anti-aircraft gun.....a gun used to shoot Americans out of the sky.......

The Dixie Chick fans stopped buying their records because they started criticizing the country.......it wasn't organized, they simply stopped supporting them with sales......

Kapernick was fired for being a bad quarterback....then rode his fake protest to fame and fortune, he even refused the special deal they made to let him try out....

You have nothing...

For the record, those you mentioned that were cancelled, were done for what they did at the moment. A LOT of those cancelled by the left, was from things they'd done sometimes more than a decade or a century ago. Like all the statues. Many of the things they cancelled were from things done or said recently. But a LOT of that was taken out of context.
Then came the fear of being cancelled by the bosses, which leads to firing someone because they found out something that one of their employee's said, that might get their company cancelled. So they fire the person. Damage control? Hardly.
The left's cancel culture is more powerful than the 2nd Amendment now a days.

Exactly.
Now that what he’s endorsed over the years is beginning to encroach on his own insulated white-bread reality, he’s rethinking his position. Funny how that works.
It’s like diversity-loving white democrats moving away when their neighborhoods become increasingly diverse.

My thoughts on this subject:

Hey Bill, sorry you got here late. But welcome to the party.

Cancel Culture: I was here first, so you're cancelled.

I think Bill Maher is coming around.​

Bill Maher isn't "coming around." I've been listening to him for years. He holds the same positions he always has. Conservatives don't know that because they've never bothered to actually listen to him in the past or their focus was on some high publicized statement he made about the right that made them wet their pants. What's changed is the Democratic Party has gone further left and becoming extremists and true liberals like Maher are being left behind.

Bill Maher isn't "coming around." I've been listening to him for years. He holds the same positions he always has. Conservatives don't know that because they've never bothered to actually listen to him in the past or their focus was on some high publicized statement he made about the right that made them wet their pants. What's changed is the Democratic Party has gone further left and becoming extremists and true liberals like Maher are being left behind.
Maher is and always has been a hardcore lefty disguised as libertarian.
If he was the least bit objective he wouldn’t promote pot and he wouldn’t have been so anti-Trump.
I think his only funny line was in 1983 in the movie DC Cab, saying “Well, I’m not due anywhere for a few years.”

I can see that. My opinion of Bill Maher and why I think he's coming around is that when I've seen him before, he seemed to be part of the cancel culture, say 1 year ago(and before) vs now. Things that republicans would've been bashed for 2 years ago, Maher seems to be in support of now.
There's a reason I stopped watching Maher. It was the same reason I stopped watching MSM. Including Fox (MSNBC, CNN etc etc etc) Overly bias and seemingly a party loyalist.
The left getting so extremely left, could be why Bill doesn't seem to be extremely left, as you pointed out, is a good point. One that I will definitely consider. The bad apples on the left, are infecting the decent folks on the left.

This leaves me to think that the entire left needs to be cancelled. But that would make me as bad as the cancel culture. So I won't go there. But I will say that the not so extreme left needs to cancel their extremist. Otherwise, the right will take the house and Senate in 2022. Leaving "Do nuffin" Biden even more in a state of Du nuffin.

When he has Trump on and endorses him , I'll start watching again.

Is Trump really that important to you? Why?
Trump was too dayum progressive for me. Him and Pelosi spent way too much money and funded way too much BS.
Are you a progressive disguised as a republican too?

Ok, I have to write something, about this. I'd rather people just like watch it and decide for themselves. Most people don't care what anyone has to say, unless they can argue about what was said.

So to keep the comments from getting blocked, I'll say this. Bill Maher is right about millennials and GenZ. They're destroying the planet.

New Rule: OK, Zoomer | Real Time with Bill Maher​

There Is a Reason That Earth Day Is Also Lenin's Birthday

The newest generations should be congratulated for following common sense instead of Commie Science.

I hope so, but history also has plenty of examples of it turning for the worst; look at Wiemar Germany and Robespierre's France.
This Fake Revolution Was the Hereditary 2% Killing the Hereditary 1%

A mostly hidden fact is that Robespierre was against the death penalty before he came to power. But power didn't corrupt him, as we're told to believe; what we are not led to believe is the truth that those who let hardened criminals live hate society. So it fits that Robespierre was the original Stalin.

If the left was in control Bernie would have been nominated either time over corporate shills like Hillary and Joe. Republicans and Democrats work for the international business elites (globalists) that fund their campaigns. None of us have true representation in government. That's why Democrats and Republicans both look so ugly to anybody that's actually looking.
All Republics Go Bananas

Representation itself is what is wrong. Electing isn't voting; it's a forced choice of someone you have to let do all your voting on the issues for you.

A republic is a foster government. An orphan can choose his adopting parents; after that one and only choice, he has to strictly obey them.

Another example is identity politics. Tribalism is the most absolutely primitive social construct and actual liberalism seeks to eliminate tribalism and foster a color-blind society.
Totalitarian Juniorocracy

Familyism, which is created by unearned hereditary wealth, property, political power, and social influence, is the most absolutely primitive social construct. It puts mediocre people in superior positions. Without their Daddy's Money, they would be and should be nobodies. They direct both the Right and the Left, two wings of the same entitled elitist vulture.

My fathers generation didn't ruin anything. They built this nation into what it is today.

My dad taught me to never waste anything. We were out squirrel hunting when I was a preteen boy one morning after failing to see anything several hunts in a row I finally spotted one. Just wanting to see the damn thing fall out of the tree and hit the ground would have made me so happy. I put my 20 gauge to my shoulder and sighted that squirrel in and was about to pull the trigger and I heard my dad say, "Now you do know if you kill him you're going to have to skin him and eat him when we get back to the house, right?" I said "You're kidding, right?" He said "Boy I ain't kidding about shit. We don't come out here just to kill shit. You kill it, you eat it." Seeing the harsh area that the squirrel would fall if I shot it and how it would be almost impossible to retrieve the animal and how I would have puked at the thought of skinning a squirrel I lowered my gun and we kept walking.

We later killed 3 but ran into some hunters who were about to leave and hadn't had any luck. The dad said he had promised his son some squirrel and sausage gumbo if they got any but hadn't seen anything. We gave them all 3 of ours. My dad taught me a lot that day.

Last edited:
I can see that. My opinion of Bill Maher and why I think he's coming around is that when I've seen him before, he seemed to be part of the cancel culture, say 1 year ago(and before) vs now. Things that republicans would've been bashed for 2 years ago, Maher seems to be in support of now.
There's a reason I stopped watching Maher. It was the same reason I stopped watching MSM. Including Fox (MSNBC, CNN etc etc etc) Overly bias and seemingly a party loyalist.
The left getting so extremely left, could be why Bill doesn't seem to be extremely left, as you pointed out, is a good point. One that I will definitely consider. The bad apples on the left, are infecting the decent folks on the left.

This leaves me to think that the entire left needs to be cancelled. But that would make me as bad as the cancel culture. So I won't go there. But I will say that the not so extreme left needs to cancel their extremist. Otherwise, the right will take the house and Senate in 2022. Leaving "Do nuffin" Biden even more in a state of Du nuffin.
I can certainly be wrong, but I don’t recall a time that Maher has ever supported cancel culture

If he was the least bit objective he wouldn’t promote pot and he wouldn’t have been so anti-Trump.
I think his only funny line was in 1983 in the movie DC Cab, saying “Well, I’m not due anywhere for a few years.”
Maher has never been a libertarian and he certainly isn’t now. He’s a classical liberal

I can certainly be wrong, but I don’t recall a time that Maher has ever supported cancel culture

You know, after thinking about all this, I got a sick feeling in my stomach when I realized there's some things I'd like to cancel. Like Don Lemon and the way he's portraying the Rittenhouse case.
Like Lemon constantly calling the people shot as victims. Or saying shit like "The dead can't tell their stories."
I actually thought about watching Don Lemon, seeing who's advertising during his show and not buying their products.

That seems legit to me. But makes me think I'm becoming part of the cancel culture. But I suppose as long as I don't start a youtube channel, and spread the word about the companies that advertise during Lemon's show, then I'm not really part of cancel culture. Right?

As of his show last night, Maher said his biggest fear is a race war!
But he never said who is pushing it and why.
This makes him a punk as usual, because critically thinking people KNOW that it's today's Dimm's!!

Or the Dixie Chicks... Pretty much wrecked their career because the dared questioned the wisdom of invading a sovereign state over weapons that didn't exist.

It wasn't so much that they did it, but more the manner in which they did it. They cowardly waited until they were overseas to be critical of Bush. They didn't have the balls to do it stateside. I was happy to see their careers going down the toilet. They earned it...

He watches polls and audience demographics, and he sees moderates and independents as the largest and the backlash coming on, so he shifts accordingly. His ad time buyers don't sell much stuff to hippies and ghetto rats and faggots. He has also noted how these demented tards are now eating their own so he knows he has nothing to lose by following the money.

I think Bill Maher is what he's ALWAYS been -- a TRUE liberal. The kind that has still has the instinct to mistrust big muscular govts and believes that liberty/freedom matters and is non-negotiable. The Dem party has LOST or killed off most of their "liberals"..

So the deal is -- the Dem party has left the building. (punny?) Through the booby hatch door even left of Bernie Sanders and Bill Maher is right where he's always been but cannot DEFEND all the changes and division and stupidity of any current political party.

I'm a "liberal" in the 18th century meaning of it, therefore I'm pretty much party-less, but still long winded and not short of opinions. LOL...

Thinking alike here. Ya beat me to it.

A lot of Libertarians dont like ANY of the past few Prez's. As for not promoting pot -- that shipped sailed last decade. You have former Speaker of House Boehner as a big wig CEO of a large pot company.. Bet you'd never EVER think that HE wasn't "objective".. Maybe too fond of the booze, but you'd never bet on him ending up as a Big Pot CEO.. LOL.

IIRC -- he's always called out bad actors on the left. Maybe there's just MORE of them these days..

Forum List

Back