I support big government

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
the idea that government should be smaller means it become weaker and that is a stupid idea by conservatives and libertarians. The whole purpose of government is to have power and control over the population. Making it smaller means less employees to enforce laws which can only lead to less power. The more employees it has the more it's will can be felt all the way across society. Nothing should fall outside the governments authority because everything has to be controlled. It's why we have governments in the first place.

the idea that government should be smaller means it become weaker and that is a stupid idea by conservatives and libertarians. The whole purpose of government is to have power and control over the population. Making it smaller means less employees to enforce laws which can only lead to less power. The more employees it has the more it's will can be felt all the way across society. Nothing should fall outside the governments authority because everything has to be controlled. It's why we have governments in the first place.
Moderation, in all things. Big enough to do the jobs required, and hopefully no bigger.

• Banned
Moderation, in all things. Big enough to do the jobs required, and hopefully no bigger.
Government is required to do most everything for us which is why it must be everywhere. Authoritarianism is necessary

Oh my goodness. You are in dire need of a history lesson, a course on Civics, and you desperately need to read (1) The Constitution (2) The Bill Of Rights and (3) The Declaration of Independence.

I agree with the OP. People are basically stupid and helpless and they need to surrender control to an all powerful government. Just think of the savings on your health insurance!

What is the best way we can impose an authoritarian system in this society? We can't just come out and say we are against freedom. That won't get any votes. I'm sure a few people may not mind that but that would be just a small percentage. How can we get convince people to throw away democracy.

WOW!! Not much of a student of history are you?

Government is required to do most everything for us which is why it must be everywhere. Authoritarianism is necessary
Since Americans are as dumb as dog shit, it's only necessary if you want a decent society.

The Libtards are the ones that are dumb shits and need the government to tell them how to run their lives and spend their money. .

Last edited:

You have to be a troll. Or a PMH sock so he has someone to agree with.

You have to be a troll. Or a PMH sock so he has someone to agree with.
What line were you standing in when God handed out a sense of humor? He's having fun, live a little.

Last edited:
I'm a left-leaning libertarian, I guess that makes me a liberal? I definitely don't support an over-large government. We don't need government to dictate to us how to live our lives, who to marry, what religion to practice, etc...

Surprisingly, it seems like the right seems to support these things, and yet they claim to support small government. Go figure.

It does need to be big enough, or least have an enough authority, to keep the robber-baron corporate interests in check.

I'm a left-leaning libertarian, I guess that makes me a liberal? I definitely don't support an over-large government. We don't need government to dictate to us how to live our lives, who to marry, what religion to practice, etc...

Surprisingly, it seems like the right seems to support these things, and yet they claim to support small government. Go figure.

It does need to be big enough, or least have an enough authority, to keep the robber-baron corporate interests in check.

What a crock of shit.

What a crock of shit.

The pinnacle of right-wing debate tactics shows it's ugly head again.

Forum List

Back