I see one small path where perhaps DeSantis could become president...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It is a narrow path as I don't believe he has broad appeal and all would have to go swimmingly well for him. First, Trump would have to decide to NOT run. Prison wouldn't prevent him from running and it DEFINITELY would sink the GOP as voters would turn their backs on them for years (thanks to Cheney et al). Second, he would require Vivek to accept the role of V.P. I have no doubt that our libertarian brother would resonate big time wth young voters and many Dem voters who are tired of Big Government. That is my opinion at this juncture.

It is a narrow path as I don't believe he has broad appeal and all would have to go swimmingly well for him. First, Trump would have to decide to NOT run. Prison wouldn't prevent him from running and it DEFINITELY would sink the GOP as voters would turn their backs on them for years (thanks to Cheney et al). Second, he would require Vivek to accept the role of V.P. I have no doubt that our libertarian brother would resonate big time wth young voters and many Dem voters who are tired of Big Government. That is my opinion at this juncture.
So you think the biggest blowhard in America and a smart ass would be a good Vice President? Not my words. I'm hearing this from other Republicans

And a guy who would make fun of someone for being fat. This is who you like? No surprise seeing as how you are an asshole Republican voter. Of course you like an asshole candidate. No shocker here.

But is this really who America wants? I know you think we do because we voted for Trump once but I'm preying very hard that America is better than this. I got my wish in 2020 we shall see next year.

Let's face it, Desantis, Haley, et al are putting all of their eggs in the basket of if something happens to Trump and he won't be the nominee and even Democrats don't believe that.

Dems are praying it will be anyone other than Trump because they will launch a full frontal assault on the candidate. Dems will use lies, spin and if required fabricate Russia collusion or other conspiracies. Dems have already thrown everything and the kitchen sink at Trump and he's still standing, that's why they fear facing him again.

Maybe in 2028. As for 2024, the threatened imprisonment of Donald Trump simply adds to his popularity. And Vivek may be the best choice as his running mate. Conventional wisdom is not wisdom at all.

Nah, it'll be Trump and given how horrendous Biden has been on literally every issue, Trumps second presidency will be a stark reminder for the entire nation about which party is good for Americans and which party is a clown show fucking train wreck.

So you think the biggest blowhard in America and a smart ass would be a good Vice President? Not my words. I'm hearing this from other Republicans

And a guy who would make fun of someone for being fat. This is who you like? No surprise seeing as how you are an asshole Republican voter. Of course you like an asshole candidate. No shocker here.

But is this really who America wants? I know you think we do because we voted for Trump once but I'm preying very hard that America is better than this. I got my wish in 2020 we shall see next year.
I've never voted Republican in my entire life!

When Trump is convicted, the 14th Amendment Sec. 4 will be invoked all over the country. It may be invoked by SCOTUS even without a conviction.

In that case DeSantis will pick up a lot of Trump voters, but the majority will finally realize that the 'Deep State' had kicked their butts and go home crying!

Seems like a bad take, as no one seems to like Ramaswamy.

Seems like a bad take, as no one seems to like Ramaswamy.
No one in media perhaps. You hear his nane more than the others who are well.seasoned politicians and he hws wisely.dine plenty of interviess backing up his positions instead of hiding and letting donors pay for media endorsements. Why is this?

Forum List

Back