I see no need to own a cast iron pan

LMAO, that ship sailed about the third post you made about a pan. Moron. Tell us again how smart you are---maybe we'll believe you this time. ROTFLMAO. You're not very good at this.
My post was about not needing a cast iron pan.

Nobody has been able to give a good reason, all I've gotten is few zealots who deny cast iron heats unevenly no matter how much evidence is thrown in their face, some dubious claims like chickens roast better in them, the resumé of 90k post loser, and you making absolutely zero useful contributions.

Vindication is mine.

I have a lot of Be Buyers French carbon steel pans. They still dont compare to cast iron pans.

Frankly, while I know the inert and healthful qualities of cast iron, the many alloys possible in making carbon steel would worry me a bit, things leaching into my food. Part of the reason why I've never been crazy about cooking with aluminum neither.

True. All gone. Took them to the rifle range and blew holes in them and then pitched them in the garbage can.
Another point of hilarity with that idiot who keeps bleating to anyone who will listen that he retired at 46 is he keeps talking about professional chefs, but relatively few restaurants use cast iron because it is heavy and takes too long to respond to heat up.

In restaurant kitchens you'll find far more carbon steel, stainless steel, and simple cheapo aluminum fry pans than these heirloom cast iron pans and enameled dutch ovens.

Another point of hilarity with that idiot who keeps bleating to anyone who will listen that he retired at 46 is he keeps talking about professional chefs, but relatively few restaurants use cast iron because it is heavy and takes too long to respond to heat up.

In restaurant kitchens you'll find far more carbon steel, stainless steel, and simple cheapo aluminum fry pans than these heirloom cast iron pans and enameled dutch ovens.
Exactly! That is why I ditched my cast iron 25 or so years ago and switched to Carbon Steel.

You havent been paying attention.
Roast beef,roasted chickens,cornbread and many other thing work far better with cast iron
How so? I believe my cornbread is better and it is cooked in a carbon steel pan.
My Corn Bread is much better than cornbread cooked in cast iron.

Frankly, while I know the inert and healthful qualities of cast iron, the many alloys possible in making carbon steel would worry me a bit, things leaching into my food. Part of the reason why I've never been crazy about cooking with aluminum neither.
Noting leaches from carbon steel. Carbon steel is used worldwide in the finest restaurants and the best Chefs in the world use carbon steel.

Final thoughts:
Cast iron is too heavy and carbon steel pans are much lighter and far superior. Carbon steel is "innovation" at its finest!
It’s a hybrid of the best qualities of Cast Iron and Stainless Steel Cookware, blending the heat retention and non stick properties of Cast Iron with the heat control and cooking speed of Stainless Steel.

Also that enameled cast iron is really for lazy people.

I have much admiration for someone who retires at 46 and proceeds to spend almost every waking hour on a message board, generating almost 90,000 mind-numbingly asinine posts.

Bonus = who also appears to try to "win" by resorting to the 'ole retired at 46 trump card to compensate for lacking the intellectual capacity to hold his own. LOL =

View attachment 854872

You sad, sad, low self-esteem stupid little man.
Good research. Seems toobfreak will not agree. But hey, the subject is Cast Iron, and I agree, no need for cast iron. Innovation is carbon steel pans.
Really good, will not leach (lol dude you are not eating solder...) and the best chefs use carbon steel. Also my cornbread is the best in the world and it is cooked in a carbon steel pan.

And I am seeing the world beating a path to your front door. Please link that assertion.
Well follow the path and get a taste of the best corn bread ever. I use carbon steel exclusively! No need for cast iron. Ditched it 25 years ago and never looked back.

And you're the lazy bitch complaining that cast iron is toooooo heavy. LMAO. Short bus rider.
cast iron easily scratches induction and glass cooktops. carbon steel is lighter and therefore literally glides across the glass and does not scratch it.
What do you use? Paper plates and the microwave?

Forum List

Back