Any good indoor grills?

AveMarica

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2023
I'd like to have an indoor electric grill, mainly for smaller things like yakotori, shrimp skewers, maybe some bulgogi.

When I was young my Dad had one, it was like a 9x13 rectangular crock thing with a metal grill plate up top and an oven type heating element underneath, along with a drip pan where you would put water. It was perfect because it used radiant heat to cook like a grill, yet when I look on Amazon every indoor electric grill these days is just a heated plate with raised ridges, where actual contact with the ridges is what heats the food with conduction instead of radiant heat like a grill. Think Foreman.

Do they still make the old school open heating element kind or has that gone extinct due to safety issues?

I'd like to have an indoor electric grill, mainly for smaller things like yakotori, shrimp skewers, maybe some bulgogi.

When I was young my Dad had one, it was like a 9x13 rectangular crock thing with a metal grill plate up top and an oven type heating element underneath, along with a drip pan where you would put water. It was perfect because it used radiant heat to cook like a grill, yet when I look on Amazon every indoor electric grill these days is just a heated plate with raised ridges, where actual contact with the ridges is what heats the food with conduction instead of radiant heat like a grill. Think Foreman.

Do they still make the old school open heating element kind or has that gone extinct due to safety issues?
/——-/ Just so happens I’m selling my slightly used indoor grill cheap.

1697588190800.png

Your looking for a old Faberware indoor grill, Probably what your dad had. i have one thats over 30 years old even has a rotisserie i love it

I googled and you're right! Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to eBay I go....

91ZVkUoUZAL._AC_SY741_.jpg

Forum List

Back